State Street Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

2.6

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at State Street.

Interview

Phone screen first, then formal interview. Basic behavioural questions. Normal interview. Nothing technical though. Pleasant experience. Great view! Very professional and quick to let you know the outcome. Be prompt!

Interview Questions

Different internship offered closer to home

Income Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Street.

Interview

First meet with HR - asks behavioral questions, background information takes about 20 minutes. Then meet with Actual Hiring Managers. The Hiring managers asked pretty simple questions and its easy to figure out the right answer. No technical questions, purely behavioral. Prefer Diverse background, want to make sure your the right fit in the team. The job itself is very entry level so if you are to qualified you might not get the job. The managers themselves didn't really know what to ask they ask random questions, and if they like you they hire you. Doesn't matter about your education or experience it seems.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Your strengths, weakness,etc simple questions   Answer Question

Pricing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Friendly interviewers, explained what my day to day role would be. Straight forward behavioural interview questions. They seem really pleased when you can tell them something about the company that they don't expect you to know (philantrophy). There were 2 interviewers alternating questions. Also make you have GOOD quality questions to ask them at the end with regards to the company/job. They loved that

Income Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Got a phone call from HR to set up and time and date for an in person interview. In-person interview first with HR and then with hiring manager and another manager. Questions were common interview questions. Got the offer two days later

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Street.

Interview

It was mostly behavioural questions.. Tell me about a time you went the extra mile for an employee? What makes you suitable for this position? If you are prepared it should be easy for you then.

Interview Questions

• What is accrual revenues and what is a bondbond amortization?   Answer Question

Investment Accountant Interview

Application

interviewed at State Street in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview and then asked to come in for an in person interview. for the first half hour its supposed to be with HR and then three managers
    had a phone screening. they asked 3 questions
    1) why do you want to work at state street and why as an investment accountant
    2) how good are you with excel
    3) has anyone reached out to you in regards to this position

Interview Questions

• 1) why do you want to work at state street and why as an investment accountant
      2) how good are you with excel
      3) has anyone reached out to you in regards to this position

Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Street in November 2014.

Interview

Took them 1 month to give interview notification. Interview with HR first, then manager and a small team. Mostly behavioural questions, be sure to give examples. Some technical questions about excel, and very basic knowledge of funds, give examples here would your understanding as well.
    Called them a few weeks later to check on the progress, but they were still interviewing for many different positions at once.

Pricing Specialist/Derivatives Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Street in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and it took 3 weeks to reply. I did the interview and it took them 5 days to call me back upon which they gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

• All behavioural questions such as: if u had the price and u knew u were 110% correct but the manager thinks his answer is correct as well, which answer would U put   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate the salary although i wish I had

Interview

Contacted with a too official sounding invitation for a 1 year contract role. The interview process wasn't cordial with the recruiter as she asked the next question without really listening to the answers to the first question. I can only assume it was a questioning strategy. Not sure what they were looking for.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Interview

I applied online through their career website. I first received a call from the HR manager after 3 weeks. She informed me about the position, the hours and the wage then asked my experience and set up an in-person interview. At the interview, the managers asked me usual behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. The HR manager confirmed me the hourly wage before going further.