State Street Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.6

Investment Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online - interviewed at State Street in January 2013.

I applied online and heard from them like a month after. 1 phone interview with hr, 2 in person interviews, one with hr, the other with hiring manager. pretty standard hiring and interview process like other big companies

Interview Questions
    • ask about the concept about mutual fund and net asset value, and some basic behavior questions   Answer Question
    didn't negotiate

Manager - Fund Accounting Interview

Contacted with a too official sounding invitation for a 1 year contract role. The interview process wasn't cordial with the recruiter as she asked the next question without really listening to the answers to the first question. I can only assume it was a questioning strategy. Not sure what they were looking for.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at State Street.

I applied online through their career website. I first received a call from the HR manager after 3 weeks. She informed me about the position, the hours and the wage then asked my experience and set up an in-person interview. At the interview, the managers asked me usual behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. The HR manager confirmed me the hourly wage before going further.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at State Street in December 2010.

Interviewed with Manager and Sr Manager. They asked some behavioural and situational questions. They also asked some technical questions. There was an excel quiz at the strart of the interview, that was to access the skill level of applicants as the requires working with excel.

No Negotiations

Financial Reporting Interview

Applied online, the process took around 1 week. First I got an interview with HR, and on the same day I was interviewed by a few officers. One week later HR called me and gave me an offer

Fund Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street.

I applied online after been approached by HR trough my Linkedin account. It is classic interview process :
    1) Phone
    2) first round with HR
    3) Second round with recruiting manager.

They are very profesionnal and nice. Great office in dowtown Montreal.

Interview Questions
    • They aske questions related to the job, your skills and what you could bring. Questions are average difficult.   Answer Question
    They have a range of salary for at level!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at State Street in March 2010.

at the time, was rather painless, quick and easy, there was no long wait for response, overall a positive interviewing process

Interview Questions
    • questions rather typical of an interview, nothing difficult, just go prepared, understand the role, the company, your own skills and how you can apply them to the job and what value you can bring   Answer Question

Pricing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at State Street in February 2014.

First half is with HR, and then the hiring team. It was a pretty straight forward and casual interview. All fit questions. Be prepared to answer situational questions like how do you stay motivated. Understand that this job has irregular hours and the salary is sub-par. Nice people in the team though.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you disagreed with a manager's decision or company policy.   Answer Question
    None

Manager - Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at State Street in July 2013.

The initial process was smooth and quick. I was contacted within a week of applying for the job and came in for an interview a few days later.

The interview itself was very straightforward. I was asked about my management style and experience. They also ran me through a few different potential scenarios to see what my reaction would be. The entire interview took about 90 minutes. Overall up until this point everything was fine. I was told by the hiring manager that they wanted to make a decision quickly and would let me know within 3 weeks max.

After waiting 4 weeks and not hearing back from HR I called the recruiter and asked her for a status as I had not heard anything. She said they still hadn't made a decision and would let me know soon. I waited another 4 weeks (so now its two months after the initial interview) and called the recruiter again. I was given the same generic answer that they are still working on it. I called again 3 weeks later to ask if State Street is still hiring for the position as it seemed to be taking an extremely long time to make a decision. She replied with the same answer as before and that she expected an answer very soon.

After waiting for a little over 3 months I get an email (not even the courtesy of a phone call) to tell me that they decided to go with someone else.

I really think this was unprofessional and there should have been more communication from State Street to myself as to what was happening. If this is how their hiring process goes I can only imagine working for them how many delays there must be with getting things done.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what would you do if you asked your direct report to help you with something and they were resistant to helping you.   Answer Question

Pricing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at State Street in September 2011.

A joke. Easiest interview ever and not very formal at all. Anyone with half a brain and a mouth will ace the interview. No technical questions - not a surprise given there is nothing technical about the job - purely fit questions to determine personality fit with team

No negotiation at all - very low base and do not budge.

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!