State Street

Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Accountant Interview

Investment Accountant
Toronto, ON

I applied online - interviewed at State Street in January 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and heard from them like a month after. 1 phone interview with hr, 2 in person interviews, one with hr, the other with hiring manager. pretty standard hiring and interview process like other big companies

Interview Question – ask about the concept about mutual fund and net asset value, and some basic behavior questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – didn't negotiate

Manager - Fund Accounting Interview

Manager - Fund Accounting

Interviewed at State Street

Interview Details Contacted with a too official sounding invitation for a 1 year contract role. The interview process wasn't cordial with the recruiter as she asked the next question without really listening to the answers to the first question. I can only assume it was a questioning strategy. Not sure what they were looking for.

Interview Question – No specific question was difficult, just the process   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details I applied online through their career website. I first received a call from the HR manager after 3 weeks. She informed me about the position, the hours and the wage then asked my experience and set up an in-person interview. At the interview, the managers asked me usual behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What type am I? A leader or follower?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. The HR manager confirmed me the hourly wage before going further.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Fund Accountant, Associate I
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at State Street in December 2010.

Interview Details Interviewed with Manager and Sr Manager. They asked some behavioural and situational questions. They also asked some technical questions. There was an excel quiz at the strart of the interview, that was to access the skill level of applicants as the requires working with excel.

Interview Question – Weren't too many difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations

Financial Reporting Interview

Financial Reporting

Interviewed at State Street

Interview Details Applied online, the process took around 1 week. First I got an interview with HR, and on the same day I was interviewed by a few officers. One week later HR called me and gave me an offer

Interview Question – Describe some differences between US GAAP and IFRS   Answer Question

Fund Administrator Interview

Fund Administrator
Montreal, QC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details I applied online after been approached by HR trough my Linkedin account. It is classic interview process :
1) Phone
2) first round with HR
3) Second round with recruiting manager.

They are very profesionnal and nice. Great office in dowtown Montreal.

Interview Question – They aske questions related to the job, your skills and what you could bring. Questions are average difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a range of salary for at level!

Manager Interview

Manager
Toronto, ON

I applied through another source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at State Street in March 2010.

Interview Details at the time, was rather painless, quick and easy, there was no long wait for response, overall a positive interviewing process

Interview Question – questions rather typical of an interview, nothing difficult, just go prepared, understand the role, the company, your own skills and how you can apply them to the job and what value you can bring   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Pricing Specialist Interview

Pricing Specialist
Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State Street in February 2014.

Interview Details First half is with HR, and then the hiring team. It was a pretty straight forward and casual interview. All fit questions. Be prepared to answer situational questions like how do you stay motivated. Understand that this job has irregular hours and the salary is sub-par. Nice people in the team though.

Interview Question – Give me a time when you disagreed with a manager's decision or company policy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Manager - Operations Interview

Manager - Operations
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at State Street in July 2013.

Interview Details The initial process was smooth and quick. I was contacted within a week of applying for the job and came in for an interview a few days later.

The interview itself was very straightforward. I was asked about my management style and experience. They also ran me through a few different potential scenarios to see what my reaction would be. The entire interview took about 90 minutes. Overall up until this point everything was fine. I was told by the hiring manager that they wanted to make a decision quickly and would let me know within 3 weeks max.

After waiting 4 weeks and not hearing back from HR I called the recruiter and asked her for a status as I had not heard anything. She said they still hadn't made a decision and would let me know soon. I waited another 4 weeks (so now its two months after the initial interview) and called the recruiter again. I was given the same generic answer that they are still working on it. I called again 3 weeks later to ask if State Street is still hiring for the position as it seemed to be taking an extremely long time to make a decision. She replied with the same answer as before and that she expected an answer very soon.

After waiting for a little over 3 months I get an email (not even the courtesy of a phone call) to tell me that they decided to go with someone else.

I really think this was unprofessional and there should have been more communication from State Street to myself as to what was happening. If this is how their hiring process goes I can only imagine working for them how many delays there must be with getting things done.

Interview Question – Explain what would you do if you asked your direct report to help you with something and they were resistant to helping you.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Pricing Specialist Interview

Pricing Specialist
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street in September 2011.

Interview Details A joke. Easiest interview ever and not very formal at all. Anyone with half a brain and a mouth will ace the interview. No technical questions - not a surprise given there is nothing technical about the job - purely fit questions to determine personality fit with team

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all - very low base and do not budge.

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!