State Street

Updated 24 Dec, 2014

2.6

65 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street in September 2012.

phone interview and a week later in-person interview was scheduled.

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Street in March 2012.

Got a call after applying two months ago, initial interview over the phone was about expectations and fit for the job.

Arranged for an interview a week later and had a short interview with the Talent Acquisition Specialist that was on the phone before, she was pleasant to deal with and gave hints and tips on next stage of interview. This part of the interview consisted of behavioral questions.

Next interview was 30+ minutes with two managers, one of them was receptive and engaging while the other was neutral but fair. Interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions and some technical questions. In hindsight the questions were not tough at all but I was just simply not prepared to go into such depths with my solutions. I was also expecting to be asked technical questions about NAV's and such, but was asked simple credit/debit questions instead.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to decrease the value <?> account, would you debit or credit it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you made a mistake and how you owned up to it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where your manager made a mistake and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to think outside the box to fix a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online – interviewed at State Street in May 2009.

There were three stage of interviewing process. State Street will call you for a interview. First you needed to take a test related to fund accounting. Second, you will be interviewing with HR and manager.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with chaotic situation in the workplace?   Answer Question

Fund Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Street in February 2009.

HR was super friendly and appeared to be genuinely interested. hiring manager and the other interviewer were utterly disinterested - one of them was actually making faces at me. i

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street in September 2014.

I had 2 phone interviews. First interview was very relaxed with general questions about CV, knowledge of State Street, expected salary, holiday plans and location preferred. The call finished with the lady telling me that I had got to the next round which would be a more formal interview and gave me general guidelines on expected questions.
    Second interview was much more formal and to the point. Asked questions about how i dealt with mistakes at work and dealing with a difficult colleague, asked about statestreet, he also asked about Fund, NAV, Derivative, Bond and Equity.
    Interviewee said I would hear back either way within three weeks as he needs to confirm from the hiring manager if there's a vacancy.

Interview Questions
    • Have you made mistakes at work?
      Dealing with a difficult colleague?
      What I knew about Statestreet?
      How will you complete a project before the deadline?
      Fund?
      Bond?
      Equity?
      NAV?
      Derivative?

Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at State Street in July 2014.

I got one phone call explained about role and hiring process. Then in second call they interviewed for 30 minutes. And asked some technical questions like fund, equity, NAV. Also about company.
    Then behaviour questions. They supposed to give me feedback after two weeks but they contacted me aftr 2 month.
    Now I had an interview on 18th December in their office dublin 2.
    All the questions they asked about situatoons and behaviour type. Also asked about company. I felt interview was fine they said ll inform me before christmas. But i am still waiting.

Interview Questions
    • Situation where I improved process.
      How to work in team.
      Do I want to be leader or follower.

Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

relatively straight forward. Met with two or three manages, however, I wasn't going to work under any of them, so don't know how relavant that is to a group. Didn't know why you would meet with people that you wouldn't even be working with. Should have been a red flag.

Fund Accountant Interview

This was a super long drawn out process. I was interviewed on the phone and waited over 2 months until my face to face interview. I then waited 6 weeks for my job offer. I then waited 30 days from offer until I could start. Seemed very unorganized during the process

N/A

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street in March 2014.

Phone interview was a basic overview then was notified two weeks later via email to set up onsite interview. Recruiter was very nice and call me regarding other opportunities at the company that might fit my interests.

Fund Accountant Interview

2 step hiring process with hr and management overall takes 2 weeks and a possible exam