State Street Fund Accountant Interview Questions

Updated 16 Mar, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street (Toronto, ON) in September 2012.

Interview

phone interview and a week later in-person interview was scheduled.

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Street (Toronto, ON) in March 2012.

Interview

Got a call after applying two months ago, initial interview over the phone was about expectations and fit for the job.

Arranged for an interview a week later and had a short interview with the Talent Acquisition Specialist that was on the phone before, she was pleasant to deal with and gave hints and tips on next stage of interview. This part of the interview consisted of behavioral questions.

Next interview was 30+ minutes with two managers, one of them was receptive and engaging while the other was neutral but fair. Interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions and some technical questions. In hindsight the questions were not tough at all but I was just simply not prepared to go into such depths with my solutions. I was also expecting to be asked technical questions about NAV's and such, but was asked simple credit/debit questions instead.

Interview Questions

• If you were to decrease the value <?> account, would you debit or credit it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you made a mistake and how you owned up to it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where your manager made a mistake and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to think outside the box to fix a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Street (Toronto, ON) in May 2009.

Interview

There were three stage of interviewing process. State Street will call you for a interview. First you needed to take a test related to fund accounting. Second, you will be interviewing with HR and manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with chaotic situation in the workplace?   Answer Question

Fund Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Street (Toronto, ON) in February 2009.

Interview

HR was super friendly and appeared to be genuinely interested. hiring manager and the other interviewer were utterly disinterested - one of them was actually making faces at me. i

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Street (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2015.

Interview

got a call from the firm and made an appointment for this interview. then was interviewed by two university relation recruiters in their Dublin office after one week: common competency questions, relaxing, slow-paced but the process was not flexible (they only asked questions listed in their evaluation form), lasted around 40 mins.

Interview Questions

• why this role, what you know about state street, problem-solving, attention to details   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street in September 2014.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews. First interview was very relaxed with general questions about CV, knowledge of State Street, expected salary, holiday plans and location preferred. The call finished with the lady telling me that I had got to the next round which would be a more formal interview and gave me general guidelines on expected questions.
    Second interview was much more formal and to the point. Asked questions about how i dealt with mistakes at work and dealing with a difficult colleague, asked about statestreet, he also asked about Fund, NAV, Derivative, Bond and Equity.
    Interviewee said I would hear back either way within three weeks as he needs to confirm from the hiring manager if there's a vacancy.

Interview Questions

• Have you made mistakes at work?
      Dealing with a difficult colleague?
      What I knew about Statestreet?
      How will you complete a project before the deadline?
      Fund?
      Bond?
      Equity?
      NAV?
      Derivative?

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at State Street (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2014.

Interview

I got one phone call explained about role and hiring process. Then in second call they interviewed for 30 minutes. And asked some technical questions like fund, equity, NAV. Also about company.
    Then behaviour questions. They supposed to give me feedback after two weeks but they contacted me aftr 2 month.
    Now I had an interview on 18th December in their office dublin 2.
    All the questions they asked about situatoons and behaviour type. Also asked about company. I felt interview was fine they said ll inform me before christmas. But i am still waiting.

Interview Questions

• Situation where I improved process.
      How to work in team.
      Do I want to be leader or follower.

Fund Accountant Interview

Interview

relatively straight forward. Met with two or three manages, however, I wasn't going to work under any of them, so don't know how relavant that is to a group. Didn't know why you would meet with people that you wouldn't even be working with. Should have been a red flag.

Fund Accountant Interview

Interview

This was a super long drawn out process. I was interviewed on the phone and waited over 2 months until my face to face interview. I then waited 6 weeks for my job offer. I then waited 30 days from offer until I could start. Seemed very unorganized during the process

Negotiation

N/A

, Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at State Street (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in June 2014.

Interview

A very short phone interview called by the HR and asked for your reasons for applying the role.
    An interview with 1 Senior Assoicate and 1 Assistant Vice President just a week after the phone interview. General CV based questions were asked and nothing really special. Definitely not technical at all.

Interview Questions

• Self-introduction
      What do you know about State Street?
      What do you know about this role?
      Show me your financial knowledge. (E.g. Talk about what is equity, fixed income, etc.)
      Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses.