State Street

Getting the Interview

59 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at State Street in September 2012.

Interview Details phone interview and a week later in-person interview was scheduled.

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Street in March 2012.

Interview Details Got a call after applying two months ago, initial interview over the phone was about expectations and fit for the job.

Arranged for an interview a week later and had a short interview with the Talent Acquisition Specialist that was on the phone before, she was pleasant to deal with and gave hints and tips on next stage of interview. This part of the interview consisted of behavioral questions.

Next interview was 30+ minutes with two managers, one of them was receptive and engaging while the other was neutral but fair. Interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions and some technical questions. In hindsight the questions were not tough at all but I was just simply not prepared to go into such depths with my solutions. I was also expecting to be asked technical questions about NAV's and such, but was asked simple credit/debit questions instead.

Interview Questions

• If you were to decrease the value <?> account, would you debit or credit it?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you made a mistake and how you owned up to it.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where your manager made a mistake and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had to think outside the box to fix a problem.   Answer Question

Fund Accounting Interview

Fund Accounting
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at State Street in February 2009.

Interview Details HR was super friendly and appeared to be genuinely interested. hiring manager and the other interviewer were utterly disinterested - one of them was actually making faces at me. i

Interview Questions

Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at State Street in July 2013.

Interview Details Called back several weeks after applying online. Did a 30 minute phone interview with some basic questions about me and my back ground. Got called in for a live interview. came to the building and they took me in and double teamed me. Then when it was all over and we all felt great, I got my parking validated. WINNING.

Interview Question – Would you care for a bottle of water?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or GTFO

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street in October 2012.

Interview Details very easy going. just like a chat. asked for knowledge on state street. and some easy competenciy questions .

Interview Question – descrbe a time where you showed attention to detail?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street in October 2012.

Interview Details Initial phone interview followed by an in-person interview. The person with whom I was interviewing never showed up. After waiting 40 minutes two kids from the department came and told me a little about the job but didn't ask any questions. I was then called to schedule another interview with a different department and was interviewed by some clown who read a list of questions off a sheet. HR called the next day to schedule a third interview but I declined after finding out that the non-negotiable salary was 32,000 a year and was not eligible for any bonuses or incentives.

Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied online - interviewed at State Street in December 2010.

Interview Details Go to State Street website and apply for the position online. All of the interview questions were behavioral related. You will be giving a phone interview if you do not live the area. A face to face interview comes next. After that, it takes about a week.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question or unexpected question.   View Answer

Interviewed at State Street

Interview Details 2 step hiring process with hr and management overall takes 2 weeks and a possible exam

Interview Question – what are you   Answer Question

Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details The hiring process went pretty smoothly for me. I applied online for a few jobs and received a phone call a few weeks later setting up a phone interview the following week. I took the interview, mostly rating yourself on MS applications and things, and took a panel interview a week later. The panel interview was long (4 hours), but not too bad. I think they have since changed the process to be a phone interview and a two-on-one interveiw shortly after.

Interview Question – They had asked me to define a NAV (Net Asset Value) and variance and a few financial questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was involved.

Kraków (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details Phone call form Talent Aquisition 4 months after online application. Next day is an easy math/English test. Third day you have results and invitation to an interview with managers and TA. Standard HR questions (what's your biggest achievement etc.) and some financial knowledge questions.
Everything seemed to be a bit chaotic.
Recruiters behaved proffesional.

Interview Question – Uncomfortable HR questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Street

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!

State Street – Why Work for Us?

At State Street, we know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company’s continued success. As a leading provider of financial services, with operations in 27 countries and more than… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Street Fund Accountant interview questions and advice. All 59 interview reviews posted anonymously by State Street employees and interview candidates.