State Street

62 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied online - interviewed at State Street in May 2009.

Interview Details There were three stage of interviewing process. State Street will call you for a interview. First you needed to take a test related to fund accounting. Second, you will be interviewing with HR and manager.

Interview Question – How do you deal with chaotic situation in the workplace?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at State Street in September 2012.

Interview Details phone interview and a week later in-person interview was scheduled.

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Street in March 2012.

Interview Details Got a call after applying two months ago, initial interview over the phone was about expectations and fit for the job.

Arranged for an interview a week later and had a short interview with the Talent Acquisition Specialist that was on the phone before, she was pleasant to deal with and gave hints and tips on next stage of interview. This part of the interview consisted of behavioral questions.

Next interview was 30+ minutes with two managers, one of them was receptive and engaging while the other was neutral but fair. Interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions and some technical questions. In hindsight the questions were not tough at all but I was just simply not prepared to go into such depths with my solutions. I was also expecting to be asked technical questions about NAV's and such, but was asked simple credit/debit questions instead.

Interview Questions

• If you were to decrease the value <?> account, would you debit or credit it?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you made a mistake and how you owned up to it.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where your manager made a mistake and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had to think outside the box to fix a problem.   Answer Question

Fund Accounting Interview

Fund Accounting
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at State Street in February 2009.

Interview Details HR was super friendly and appeared to be genuinely interested. hiring manager and the other interviewer were utterly disinterested - one of them was actually making faces at me. i

Interview Questions

Interviewed at State Street

Interview Details relatively straight forward. Met with two or three manages, however, I wasn't going to work under any of them, so don't know how relavant that is to a group. Didn't know why you would meet with people that you wouldn't even be working with. Should have been a red flag.

Interview Question – Weakness within a group   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Interviewed at State Street

Interview Details This was a super long drawn out process. I was interviewed on the phone and waited over 2 months until my face to face interview. I then waited 6 weeks for my job offer. I then waited 30 days from offer until I could start. Seemed very unorganized during the process

Negotiation Details – N/A

Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at State Street in July 2013.

Interview Details Called back several weeks after applying online. Did a 30 minute phone interview with some basic questions about me and my back ground. Got called in for a live interview. came to the building and they took me in and double teamed me. Then when it was all over and we all felt great, I got my parking validated. WINNING.

Interview Question – Would you care for a bottle of water?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or GTFO

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street in October 2012.

Interview Details very easy going. just like a chat. asked for knowledge on state street. and some easy competenciy questions .

Interview Question – descrbe a time where you showed attention to detail?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street in October 2012.

Interview Details Initial phone interview followed by an in-person interview. The person with whom I was interviewing never showed up. After waiting 40 minutes two kids from the department came and told me a little about the job but didn't ask any questions. I was then called to schedule another interview with a different department and was interviewed by some clown who read a list of questions off a sheet. HR called the next day to schedule a third interview but I declined after finding out that the non-negotiable salary was 32,000 a year and was not eligible for any bonuses or incentives.

Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied online - interviewed at State Street in December 2010.

Interview Details Go to State Street website and apply for the position online. All of the interview questions were behavioral related. You will be giving a phone interview if you do not live the area. A face to face interview comes next. After that, it takes about a week.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question or unexpected question.   View Answer

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!