State Farm

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Norfolk, VA (US)

I interviewed at State Farm in July 2012.

Interview Details Brief interview with the agent of the office. Go over the quota they expect in sales. Very laid back. You just have to show that you are motivated and are willing to work for money. They show you a few generic slides State Farm gives them about income and different products State Farm offers.

Interview Question – Why is this job right for you?   View Answer

Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details I received email asking if I could come in for 1:1 interview. The interviewee asked a lot of general, "personal" & " unusual" questions.

Interview Question – what is your favorite color? what animal you would be?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State Farm in September 2011.

Interview Details The interview and hiring process is pretty straight forward, you will take assessements to gauge your apptitude to sell. One is timed and mostly math and verbal question and the second is untimed and focuses on personality traits. Overall not too challanging but definietly makes a difference on how well you score.

Interview Question – If you were hired, how would you go about generating new leads?   Answer Question

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details Quick interview with agent

Interview Question – Just ask for basic interests and previous experience   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details Sent in an online application. E-mailed me back for a phone interview. Had a hour long phone interview and was asked to do an online assessment. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – Biggest difficulty you have faced.   Answer Question

Lansing, MI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in December 2009.

Interview Details The interview process was very detailed and time consuming. The agent wants to be sure you are the right fit for his business and did not want to have an associate that would not fit well with the agency.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation you ever had to deal with professionally.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details I was recruited by my current employer but we still had a series of interviews. I also met the area and district managers and was able to make sure that my future wish to become a sales only, commission based employee would happen. I love working from home and controlling my own hours/income.

Interview Question – I don't really remember and difficult questions.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at State Farm in January 2012.

Interview Details Filled out online application. Got a call to come in for an in person interview. Had several more interviews. Personality test and background check.

Interview Question – Sell this water bottle.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Cranberry Twp, PA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State Farm in June 2012.

Interview Details I had a phone interview with the agent and then I had a face-to-face personal interview with the agent. We reviewed the job description. I was introduced to the office environment that day and also invited back to see the daily processes for an afternoon.

Very Easy Interview

Gastonia, NC (US)

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details applied online received a call for an interview and then once I got the interview he called me and I was offered the job

Interview Question – How would I get someone to buy a life insurance policy   View Answer

Negotiation Details – it was easy

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!