State Farm

Getting the Interview

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State Farm in September 2011.

Interview Details The interview and hiring process is pretty straight forward, you will take assessements to gauge your apptitude to sell. One is timed and mostly math and verbal question and the second is untimed and focuses on personality traits. Overall not too challanging but definietly makes a difference on how well you score.

Interview Question – If you were hired, how would you go about generating new leads?   Answer Question

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details Quick interview with agent

Interview Question – Just ask for basic interests and previous experience   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details Sent in an online application. E-mailed me back for a phone interview. Had a hour long phone interview and was asked to do an online assessment. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – Biggest difficulty you have faced.   Answer Question

Lansing, MI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in December 2009.

Interview Details The interview process was very detailed and time consuming. The agent wants to be sure you are the right fit for his business and did not want to have an associate that would not fit well with the agency.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation you ever had to deal with professionally.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details I was recruited by my current employer but we still had a series of interviews. I also met the area and district managers and was able to make sure that my future wish to become a sales only, commission based employee would happen. I love working from home and controlling my own hours/income.

Interview Question – I don't really remember and difficult questions.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at State Farm in January 2012.

Interview Details Filled out online application. Got a call to come in for an in person interview. Had several more interviews. Personality test and background check.

Interview Question – Sell this water bottle.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Cranberry Twp, PA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State Farm in June 2012.

Interview Details I had a phone interview with the agent and then I had a face-to-face personal interview with the agent. We reviewed the job description. I was introduced to the office environment that day and also invited back to see the daily processes for an afternoon.

Very Easy Interview

Gastonia, NC (US)

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details applied online received a call for an interview and then once I got the interview he called me and I was offered the job

Interview Question – How would I get someone to buy a life insurance policy   View Answer

Negotiation Details – it was easy

Very Easy Interview

Palm Springs, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in December 2012.

Interview Details Hiring was one on one interview with the State Farm Agent of the local branch. Asked how I reacted to confrontational situations, if I liked to work with a team and sales experience.

Interview Question – If there is an individual who came into the office talking on the phone and the phone rang what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. I just accepted the offer.

Malta, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in May 2012.

Interview Details Overall was a great experience, took longer than I had anticipated, but everyone was very nice and got back to you in a timely manner. Still work there today

Interview Question – describe a difficult situation and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Farm

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees and interview candidates.