State Farm

Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Processor Interview

Claims Processor
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in November 2013.

Interview Details Applied online
Took test (competitive score=pass)
Telephone interview
Still waiting to hear back

The whole process was very smooth

Interview Question – All questions asked were standard interview questions   Answer Question

Aurora, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State Farm in October 2013.

Interview Details Applied sometime in Sept 2013, 1 week later was contacted to finish online assessment (typing test, IQ test & personality test). another week after was contacted to come in for a Hr interview. interview was in beginning of Oct 2013. Received conditional offer in the beginning of Nov 2013. Went through BG check.. waited 1 week for results. Received offer end of Nov 2013.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Mostly generic interview questions. For example: What are your career aspirations? Explain a time where you've dealt with a difficult customer? Why do you want to work for Statefarm? etc   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in October 2013.

Interview Details Applied online in October 2013, within a week got an email to fill out applicant disclosure form. Filled it out and sent it in, did test and passed it. Got a call within another week to book a phone interview. Did interview 2 weeks ago and still waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – Why state farm?   Answer Question

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Auto Claim Representative

I applied online and interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details Questions about company, about your previous employment, why you want to work with State Farm, how you heard about the company, situational questions, how would you react in certain scenarios

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you encountered a problem an how did you solve this problem,   Answer Question

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Auto Claim Representative
Aurora, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in June 2013.

Interview Details I applied online, then I got an email for a personality test online. After that, I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview. All questions are standard behaviour questions with specific situations.

Interview Question – Difficult clients, Leadership, Teamwork   Answer Question

Fire Claims Representative Interview

Fire Claims Representative
Aurora, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in September 2012.

Interview Details Online application, telephone interview, in person interview with HR recruiter. Process took about two weeks from application to interview.

Interview Question – Most were situational questions about how you would deal with a particular client or situation.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Found better job offer elsewhere

Aurora, ON

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Farm in September 2011.

Interview Details Started out with a skills test. The test was pretty basic. it consisted of listening & data entry,as well as, keyboarding (typing test). A few days later I received a phone call. They asked a few basic questions and gave the results of my skills test. They then arranged for me to go for 1:1 interview.

The Interview itself asked all your standard question re: dealing with customers, leadership, and problem solving. Overall, it was not to intimidating. You also have to consent to a background/criminal record check.

Interview Question – Give me a example of how you have dealt with a difficult customer in the past.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in January 2010.

Interview Details I apply the position on line ,then get first telephone interview for around 15 mintues and then I got second interview by HR manager ,the interview took around 1.5 hr that day ,and they first do the background check ,ask me intruduce the previous job that i did and job description .after i finished that they ask me why i want apply this position and then ask me service question base on servreral part ,professional part , personality part .finanlly ,they ask me give the referance and then let me go

Interview Question – tell me how can you handle the sitiation when customer very angry or asking something that is unreasonable ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – if the job has target to meet ,i always say i have self confident that i am the grate one ,but i also know that there have many difficults when you doing you job ,so i will try my best ,and i will better than other candidate

Insurance Accounts Representative Interview

Insurance Accounts Representative
Scarborough, ON

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at State Farm in June 2009.

Interview Details very causal interview

ask about my previous job performance. I just basically told him the truth.(which is not too good)

my salary is kinda low but my boss is very good in terms of sales.

So i accept his offer.

There are only four people in our office. Usually very quiet in the morning.

My boss concentrate on life insurance rather than auto and home.

He always told to provide financial service/planning rather than just being a order taker.

Interview Question – How are you looking for from this job?   Answer Question

Richardson, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in June 2014.

Interview Details 5.29.14: Applied for position. I took the pre-employment tests April 2014.

6.11.14: Interviewed via phone with recruiter. Lasted 30 minutes.
Asked, 1) Tell me about yourself. 2) Why State Farm? 3) Situation where you needed to obtain info. 4) Disgruntled customer. 5) Quality of report compromised. 6) Handling a lot of data. 7) Demanding customer.
Questions asked starting with, "Tell me about a time...". Responded using STAR format; Situation, Task, Action, Result.Brief description of job was given. Days and work hours were given. Two opportunities to get licensed. Told it would be 2-3 weeks before a response was received due to reviewing internal applicants.
(E-mail and call received 6.6.14)

6.30.14: Interviewed with a panel of 3. They were all very personable. Lasted 35 minutes. They explained that the interview was structured and they would be taking notes, so there may be little eye contact. I asked if I could also take notes.
Asked 1) Tell us about yourself. 2) Time given critical feedback, what did you do, outcome? 3) Major change, how did you prepare? 4) Difficult idea, how did you communicate, approach taken, how did you check for understanding? 5) Steps to solve problem, best way, why, why not? 6) Excellent customer service given.
Responded using STAR format.
Key words/phrases they used when explaining job:
Licensing, Litigation Claims, Providers against State Farm, Case Law, Deposed.
They asked if I had any final words. No mention was made of when I would be contacted.
(E-mail and call received 6.24.14)

7.8.14: Received 2 E-mails stating selected for Claim Representative position in Claim Central at State Farm! Offer subject to acceptable background check and drug screen.
Drug screen instructions also received from HireRight.

7.9.14: Received a call from the recruiter explaining and offering the job. She stated that the call should have been before the e-mail.

7.17.14: Received call from recruiter that background check and drug screen were acceptable and would receive E-mail to complete I-9.

7.18.14: I-9 e-mail received.

8.11.14: Start date!

Word of Advice: Tailor your 'tell me about yourself' to the duties, responsibilities, knowledge and skills needed that are listed on the job description.

Good luck~

Interview Question – The 'quality of report compromised' question from the recruiter was awkward. I triple check things and keep copies to avoid issues with my work/assignments. I made this clear in my answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!