State Farm

Updated 9 Dec, 2014
Updated 9 Dec, 2014

2.7

Claim Processor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

I applied online and received an email within a couple of days to complete the skills assessment test. After a couple of days, I received an email from a recruiter to set up a telephone interview. I completed the telephone interview and was offered a position on the spot. Offer is contingent on a background check. There were a lot of questions pertaining to teamwork and customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was describe a time when you were able to calm down an angry customer or client.   Answer Question

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm in November 2013.

Applied online
    Took test (competitive score=pass)
    Telephone interview
    Still waiting to hear back

The whole process was very smooth

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in October 2013.

Applied online in October 2013, within a week got an email to fill out applicant disclosure form. Filled it out and sent it in, did test and passed it. Got a call within another week to book a phone interview. Did interview 2 weeks ago and still waiting to hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, ON

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm in October 2013.

Applied sometime in Sept 2013, 1 week later was contacted to finish online assessment (typing test, IQ test & personality test). another week after was contacted to come in for a Hr interview. interview was in beginning of Oct 2013. Received conditional offer in the beginning of Nov 2013. Went through BG check.. waited 1 week for results. Received offer end of Nov 2013.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Mostly generic interview questions. For example: What are your career aspirations? Explain a time where you've dealt with a difficult customer? Why do you want to work for Statefarm? etc   Answer Question

Auto Claim Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Questions about company, about your previous employment, why you want to work with State Farm, how you heard about the company, situational questions, how would you react in certain scenarios

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you encountered a problem an how did you solve this problem,   Answer Question

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in June 2013.

I applied online, then I got an email for a personality test online. After that, I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview. All questions are standard behaviour questions with specific situations.

Fire Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in September 2012.

Online application, telephone interview, in person interview with HR recruiter. Process took about two weeks from application to interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most were situational questions about how you would deal with a particular client or situation.   Answer Question

Found better job offer elsewhere

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, ON

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State Farm in September 2011.

Started out with a skills test. The test was pretty basic. it consisted of listening & data entry,as well as, keyboarding (typing test). A few days later I received a phone call. They asked a few basic questions and gave the results of my skills test. They then arranged for me to go for 1:1 interview.

The Interview itself asked all your standard question re: dealing with customers, leadership, and problem solving. Overall, it was not to intimidating. You also have to consent to a background/criminal record check.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a example of how you have dealt with a difficult customer in the past.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in January 2010.

I apply the position on line ,then get first telephone interview for around 15 mintues and then I got second interview by HR manager ,the interview took around 1.5 hr that day ,and they first do the background check ,ask me intruduce the previous job that i did and job description .after i finished that they ask me why i want apply this position and then ask me service question base on servreral part ,professional part , personality part .finanlly ,they ask me give the referance and then let me go

Interview Questions
    • tell me how can you handle the sitiation when customer very angry or asking something that is unreasonable ?   View Answer
    if the job has target to meet ,i always say i have self confident that i am the grate one ,but i also know that there have many difficults when you doing you job ,so i will try my best ,and i will better than other candidate

Insurance Accounts Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Farm in June 2009.

very causal interview

ask about my previous job performance. I just basically told him the truth.(which is not too good)

my salary is kinda low but my boss is very good in terms of sales.

So i accept his offer.

There are only four people in our office. Usually very quiet in the morning.

My boss concentrate on life insurance rather than auto and home.

He always told to provide financial service/planning rather than just being a order taker.