State Farm

Updated 25 Feb, 2015

2.7

Data Analyst (Marketing) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

applied online, then they sent me an email to set up an phone interview, no online test was done. The interview took around 8 mins and they said it'g gonna take 4 weeks for me to get the result of th e interview. The interviewer is really in a rush, seems that she has a pile of people to interview...

Interview Questions
    • described one experience of not being able to satisfy a customer's need.. COME ON I was interviewing for data analyst position!!!!!   Answer Question

PA Communications Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

I was contacted to participate in a phone interview, which I was told could last as long as an hour. (It lasted 30 minutes). The recruiter conducting the interview was pleasant; she explained she would first do the interview, then offer information about the position and company. It was very obvious that the questions were being read from a script. They were very long questions, with many parts, about challenges/experiences, which meant it was difficult to ensure the entire question was being answered. There was no acknowledgement or follow-up question after an answer -- it was straight onto the next question.

The information shared about the company and position was helpful, however having this at the beginning of the interview would have been great as it was clear this role was not a great match for my experience. I would have thought that my application and resume (which I sent before the interview) would have been an indicator that this was the case, but perhaps it was not.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to make a decision or experience; describe how you came to this decision and how it impacted others.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time a customer was not happy. What did you do, and what was the customer's response?   Answer Question

Claim Processor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

I applied online and received an email within a couple of days to complete the skills assessment test. After a couple of days, I received an email from a recruiter to set up a telephone interview. I completed the telephone interview and was offered a position on the spot. Offer is contingent on a background check. There were a lot of questions pertaining to teamwork and customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was describe a time when you were able to calm down an angry customer or client.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

applied online, exchanged an email to setup some tests, after getting a competitive result, got a phone interview after that.

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm in November 2013.

Applied online
    Took test (competitive score=pass)
    Telephone interview
    Still waiting to hear back

The whole process was very smooth

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in October 2013.

Applied online in October 2013, within a week got an email to fill out applicant disclosure form. Filled it out and sent it in, did test and passed it. Got a call within another week to book a phone interview. Did interview 2 weeks ago and still waiting to hear back.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, ON

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm in October 2013.

Applied sometime in Sept 2013, 1 week later was contacted to finish online assessment (typing test, IQ test & personality test). another week after was contacted to come in for a Hr interview. interview was in beginning of Oct 2013. Received conditional offer in the beginning of Nov 2013. Went through BG check.. waited 1 week for results. Received offer end of Nov 2013.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Mostly generic interview questions. For example: What are your career aspirations? Explain a time where you've dealt with a difficult customer? Why do you want to work for Statefarm? etc   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm.

The hiring process consisted of the usual elements (online test, phone interview and in-person interview). When I arrived for the interview I found the office personnel cordial and professional. The interview went smoothly with the usual questions and I was forewarned about how long the hiring process would take. It was more than 3 months before I received the results of the interview but since I was told what to expect it made the wait a lot less frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • What position would you like to have in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Auto Claim Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Questions about company, about your previous employment, why you want to work with State Farm, how you heard about the company, situational questions, how would you react in certain scenarios

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you encountered a problem an how did you solve this problem,   Answer Question

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Aurora, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in June 2013.

I applied online, then I got an email for a personality test online. After that, I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview. All questions are standard behaviour questions with specific situations.