State Farm Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2014

2.5

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Champaign, IL (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in May 2014.

all behavior questions. Not hard to answer. People are quite nice.It is a great place to do internship, you learn real experience and get real skills. It is a friendly working environment and people helps each other. Analyst are quite kind and helpful.

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Intern Interview

I had one interview with HR and covered some of my history. It was all pretty standard. Follow up was an interview onsite. They were also all standard interview questions, mostly behavioral. They didn't not ask any weird trivia questions and there were no skills tests. Whole process took less than 2 months.

Intern Interview

Relaxed interviewing style. Mainly behavioral or resume based questions. They mostly just want to know if you can work in a team environment but also work independently. A lot of positions require basic to advanced knowledge of programming languages.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in January 2013.

Simple interview with two - three people at the facility. Questions about my projects, previous work experience, why I chose to work here, and also when I would be ready to start if I were offered. The most important thing I would say is be ready to support what you've worked on and how you were able to solve the problems that you did

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult thing you've had to make in recent years?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

An agent visited my university seeking interns. Interviews were held on campus. Very informal in my case.

Email, HR round, Technical round

I just accepted offer.

Intern Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at State Farm.

Received an interview by cold emailing. Process was very laid back. I simply visited the office and spoke to a few employees for about an hour. Mostly behaviorial questions and asked about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond in a situation in which a client was visibly and audibly upset?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Met the recruiter at the career fair. Applied online and got an e-mail invitation for an on-site interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincoln, NE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

I was called after applying through my University's career services. Had an initial interview that had 2 personality type tests taken on the computer on location followed by a meeting with an HR representative. Very basic interview, mostly about past work history and behavioral questions (tell me about a time when...). The second interview was with three people, more of the same questions but it was more focused on customer service and communication.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to go out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in January 2012.

Applied for the position and received email that I had a phone interview. I did one phone interview with 3 people on the other end. The questions started with a run down of my resume and what classes I had taken. Then they asked simple behavioral questions to see how I would be working in a team.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was a simple economics question. I was asked what does elasticity mean.   View Answer
    I had no reason to negotiation and was more than happy with the hourly wage.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!