Starbucks

Updated 4 Mar, 2015
1,513 Interview Reviews

2.4

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a manager over the phone two days afterwards. I had an interview with a nice manager. The interview took about 20-25 minutes. The first one was successful. The second one was scheduled in a week. During the second interview similar questions were asked. The atmosphere was really friendly. And yes, it was successful as well.

Interview Questions

Be positive, open, smile. During the interview treat a manager if she / he were your best friend and you'll be a success! Good luck!

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

I applied for the position one month ago, so I thought enough time had passed that I would not be hearing back. Lo and behold, I have been moved to the second step of the process - the online questions. We will see how it goes. So far, I have applied to the online posting and have been invited to complete the online questionnaire.

Interview Questions
    • I am at the beginning states of the interview process.   Answer Question
    I have only advanced to the next stage. I will have to update after that stage is complete.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks.

I walked in and asked to speak to the manager and was told she would be with me shortly, once she came out we sat at a table in the cafe and started the interview, she asked to tell my why I wanted to work at Starbucks, why do I think I would be a good fit etc, then went on to ask a list of questions that starbucks provides for her. She was very ne and the interview was comfortable and quick. She asked me to go home and fill out the online application then let her know when I had completed it, shortly after that she phoned me and offered the job! My tip for the interview is try to be yourself and not be nervous! Try to relax a bit and show them your personality! Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer who wasn't happy with their order? What would you do to make it better?   Answer Question
    She offered me the job over the phone and asked if I accepted, I said yes.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Apply online and they will call you. You could go in to introduce yourself also because they receive a ton of resumes and you want to stand out in the stack of resumes. Once you get the interview, it's pretty easy.

Interview Questions
    • Have lots of examples of different previous work experiences. The questions asked are situational and really have to do with how you handle yourself in specific situations.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Applied through online, took about a month to receive a call for the first interview with one HR rep.
    3 face-to-face interviews in total. Didn't receive an offer in the end.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare situational questions based on STAR format.
      What would you do if... based questions. Focused on customer relationships and with your coworkers.

Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks in January 2015.

Overall, a very positive process. Significantly shorter than what many others said on here. Phone interview, one in person, and then offer that day. General behavioural interview, with focus on sales and profitability.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you have taken a risk which has increased profitability.   Answer Question
    No negotiation ability, but offer was still competitive.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

I applied online and got a call in a few days. When I went in they made me feel rushed and not very welcome. They just asked me about my previous job and it lasted for about 10 minutes. Did not get a call back.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in December 2014.

She kept me waiting and then asked me the behavioural questions like tell me how you respond to unsolicited criticism, how do you get to know your coworkers etc. I was unsettled because it wasn't my first choice of location and for some reason I didn't like the manager. I was distracted by the thought that I didn't like her and found I was not focused. That was completely my fault. I probably should have declined the interview but thought it would be good practice.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in November 2014.

I applied online, which was an easy process which allowed me to apply to many Starbucks at the same time, so quite convenient, too. I got a call two weeks after submitting my application and set up an interview for the next day. I brought in a copy of me resume just in case, I went in early, waited in line to tell the cashier I was there for an interview and got offered a free drink, which was nice. I had to wait at a table until the manager was ready. She came and I stood up to shake her hand, all smiles of course. Then the interview began. It was quite relaxed and easy, she was extremely nice. The interview questions were not too intimidating, either.

She first asked "Why Starbucks" and I told her about how I know Starbucks as being an ethical company supporting fair trade, which has always been important to me, and how Starbucks has branded itself on being employee friendly and diverse. I also mentioned how I like the atmosphere of the store. The other questions were more personal and about past experience: why I wanted a job as a barista in particular, to describe a time I managed to influence a customer to buy something they weren't planning on buying, in the past, how have I gotten to know my coworkers, and name something I have done in the past year to better myself (answer volunteer, exercise, politically involved). She wrote down all my answers on a paper she had with her. She also went over my resume with me, asking some questions specific to what I had written. Then she set me up for a second interview and took down my availability to ensure what she had online was accurate.

The second interview was the next day at a different Starbucks with a different person. This interviewer was also so nice and funny, she asked the same questions, so no surprises. She was real fun, I would answer a question and she would go on about how good my answer was. I got a call the four days later with a job offer. They pay $11/ hr with great benefits.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time I managed to influence a customer to buy something they weren't originally planning on buying.   View Answer
    No negotiation, it was slightly above minimum wage so I was happy.

Applied a week ago. Got a call and met 2 days later
    Manager told me to order a drink. On the house
    Manager was very formal. Followed a script. Asking many "negative" style questions and asking for examples.