Starbucks Interview Questions

1,281 Interview Reviews

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2014.

I applied online in August, and within days I got a call for an interview.
    At the interview they asked if I wanted a drink, and we proceeded to talk. We had a long, nice conversation after which the manager decided to hire me.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

I applied online and the process took a month and a half - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2014.

I applied in person, I gave my resume to the assistant manager who asked me questions about previous work history and my availability. I received a phone call two weeks later asking if I could come in for a group interview that was to take place another two weeks later. On the day of the interview, it was a group of four including myself. The assistant manager interviewed us using a booklet of behavioural/situation questions and we all just took turns answering the questions. After that, she gave us the job description/benefits/perks/any other info she thought was important for us to know. The interview lasted around an hour and a half. At the end, she collected our references and thanked us for coming out. She also let us know that they'd be calling everyone next week to tell them whether they had gotten the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • They were all behavioural questions, nothing hard. Just use examples from previous work experience.   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2013.

The initial communication was the phone call, a short interview regarding availability and commitments to school, also a face to face interview was scheduled. I was not interviewed by the manager of the store of which I was interviewing for the job, but a interview specialist. They have a generic template of interview questions which are straightforward. I believe the interview lasted for 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question may of been when asked about a time I provided great customer service.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2014.

I applied online and got a call back about 2 days later, asking me to come in for an interview, scheduled 3 days later. On the day of the interview, I was offered a drink from the manager of the store where I was interviewing. I was interviewed by a manager from a different store (they were hiring for several stores in my area). The interview went smoothly, felt more like a conversation than an interrogation (mostly common behavioural interview questions). My interviewer was very enthusiastic about the work culture, the training process, and working at Starbucks in general. However, I was disappointed to find out I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your previous work experience.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were in disagreement with a colleague/co-worker. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • How do you make a decision when you don't have all the necessary information and your supervisor is not present?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interviewed at starbucks after completing online assessment. Assessment was easy and quick. The interview was very relaxed and casual but I came in a dress since I always dress formal for interviews. It was an easy interview and the manager was nice, I didn't have to do a second interview even though I know some people do.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were typical, tell me about yourself, greatest weakness ect   Answer Question

I got an offer at another company

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Catharines, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Catharines, ON

I applied online - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2014.

Applied online and received a call within two business days. Had an interview two days later. The interviewer was very nice to me and made me feel very welcome. A lot of the interview questions were loaded and wanted me to talk about negative experiences. Avoid talking badly about your employer or coworkers at all costs!!!
    Received a call with a job offer one week after the interview. :)

Interview Questions
    • What is the thing you dislike most about your current job?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Starbucks.

I applied and got called back two days later for a 1:1 interview after two days. The interview process was easy. I walked in, got offered a drink, and was asked to sit down. I met with the manager and she asked some basic questions. These included:

- why starbucks?
    - tell me about a situation where the customer wasn't completely satisfied
    - tell me about a time where you didn't know what to do
    - how do you get to know co-workers?
    - how would you handle a situation where you have multiple tasks?

After that, we just spoke about my availability and although my availability wasn't ideal (shifts are at least 4 hours and i could only work 3-hour shifts sometimes) and It took me 40 minutes to commute to this specific location, she really sounded like she wanted to make it work. She told me that she'd contact my references and will contact me. Little did I know, 45 minutes after the end of my interview, I got a call and got offered a job. Was told that she really liked me and would be a great fit for the store.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Barista position is a minimum wage position.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in May 2014.

Online application and in person interview
    I got two in person interviews. The first went around 40 mins and the second one was only 10 mins. But two days later after the second interview, they said they wanted to recruit a fulltime person. However, I was applying part job.

Interview Questions
    • all questions are normal. such as team building, how to deal with difficult customers, why starbucks,   View Answer

Barista Interview

I walked in with my resume and cover letter and was told to apply only first. The manager didnt take my resume but took my name and number. 3 days after I applied online I received a call for an interview. The interview was long but the questions weren't so bad.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. I started with minimum wage.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2014.

Applied online and got a call the next day, went in for an interview a few days later. I got a call exactly a week from the day I first applied saying I got the job. Manager was friendly and easy to talk with. He asked me a few questions on the phone before setting up my interview. Most questions were about customer service, accomplishments, and my experience with working with others. Environment was friendly, had coffee when I went in.

Interview Questions

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!