Starbucks

Updated 27 Jan, 2015
1,470 Interview Reviews

2.4

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Apply online and they will call you. You could go in to introduce yourself also because they receive a ton of resumes and you want to stand out in the stack of resumes. Once you get the interview, it's pretty easy.

Interview Questions
    • Have lots of examples of different previous work experiences. The questions asked are situational and really have to do with how you handle yourself in specific situations.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Applied through online, took about a month to receive a call for the first interview with one HR rep.
    3 face-to-face interviews in total. Didn't receive an offer in the end.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare situational questions based on STAR format.
      What would you do if... based questions. Focused on customer relationships and with your coworkers.

Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

I applied online and got a call in a few days. When I went in they made me feel rushed and not very welcome. They just asked me about my previous job and it lasted for about 10 minutes. Did not get a call back.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in November 2014.

I applied online, which was an easy process which allowed me to apply to many Starbucks at the same time, so quite convenient, too. I got a call two weeks after submitting my application and set up an interview for the next day. I brought in a copy of me resume just in case, I went in early, waited in line to tell the cashier I was there for an interview and got offered a free drink, which was nice. I had to wait at a table until the manager was ready. She came and I stood up to shake her hand, all smiles of course. Then the interview began. It was quite relaxed and easy, she was extremely nice. The interview questions were not too intimidating, either.

She first asked "Why Starbucks" and I told her about how I know Starbucks as being an ethical company supporting fair trade, which has always been important to me, and how Starbucks has branded itself on being employee friendly and diverse. I also mentioned how I like the atmosphere of the store. The other questions were more personal and about past experience: why I wanted a job as a barista in particular, to describe a time I managed to influence a customer to buy something they weren't planning on buying, in the past, how have I gotten to know my coworkers, and name something I have done in the past year to better myself (answer volunteer, exercise, politically involved). She wrote down all my answers on a paper she had with her. She also went over my resume with me, asking some questions specific to what I had written. Then she set me up for a second interview and took down my availability to ensure what she had online was accurate.

The second interview was the next day at a different Starbucks with a different person. This interviewer was also so nice and funny, she asked the same questions, so no surprises. She was real fun, I would answer a question and she would go on about how good my answer was. I got a call the four days later with a job offer. They pay $11/ hr with great benefits.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time I managed to influence a customer to buy something they weren't originally planning on buying.   View Answer
    No negotiation, it was slightly above minimum wage so I was happy.

Applied a week ago. Got a call and met 2 days later
    Manager told me to order a drink. On the house
    Manager was very formal. Followed a script. Asking many "negative" style questions and asking for examples.

Operations Project Manager Interview

Initial contact by email acknowledging receipt of application, Initial contact from Human resources by email, second contact from human resources by phone to set up interview. Initial interview by phone with Human resources - generic on experience and interest in company. 2nd interview by human resources on the same, a little more extended. 3rd interview by phone by manager to whom you would report - more in depth on experiences, strengths, weaknesses etc. 4th interview in person group interview by manager and team member.

Barista Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Filled out an in-house application form. Resume and cover letter were not required. Did two interviews - one with an assistant manager, and one with the store manager before getting the job

Interview Questions
    • What is your best friend like? Why would I hire you over your best friend?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. It's starbucks

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks in October 2014.

Applied online, was called 5 days later.
    One on one interview in store

Behavioral questions- when is a time where you had a coworker who wasn't pulling their weight, when did you have to solve a problem without the needed resources, why starbucks?, tell me about yourself

Interview Questions
    • What is something you didn't know last year that you know now that would help in the work place   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in October 2014.

I applied to Starbucks online (as you are supposed to) and got a call a couple days later to schedule an interview. The interview happened a couple days later, I dressed casual. The manager who interviewed me seems to be a very nice cheerful foreign lady, seems very likeable, but you can immediately tell she is down to business. She asked me almost around 10 questions, just typical questions that you would expect at an interview such as tell me about yourself, why starbucks?, tell me a time you went out of your way and exceeded a customer's expectations, etc.
    She was the best interviewer I ever had! made me feel super relaxed and we also shared many laughs and it was more of a conversation that an interview. There was one time when she asked what i like to do on my spare time and i replied with "drawing" but she thought i said "drinking" (because it was so loud in the room) and we shared a laugh after that as she seemed so shocked at first by my answer.

I would have loved to stay around and chat longer but the interview ended after 15 minutes and i was told that she was going to contact my previous employer to get a better understanding of me, which is the first time an interviewer has told me they would do so.

About 3 days later (in the afternoon) I get a call back and after heavy anticipation i got hired!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you did do well in customer service and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Digital Imaging Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Was referred by a friend that worked at another location. Received call one week after applying. Smooth and comforting interview with 3-4 others in line before and after. I was lucky enough to already have knowledge about cameras because it was a side hobby.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you more qualified for this position than the average person?   View Answer