Starbucks Interview Questions

1,352 Interview Reviews

2.4

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Applied a week ago. Got a call and met 2 days later
    Manager told me to order a drink. On the house
    Manager was very formal. Followed a script. Asking many "negative" style questions and asking for examples.

Operations Project Manager Interview

Initial contact by email acknowledging receipt of application, Initial contact from Human resources by email, second contact from human resources by phone to set up interview. Initial interview by phone with Human resources - generic on experience and interest in company. 2nd interview by human resources on the same, a little more extended. 3rd interview by phone by manager to whom you would report - more in depth on experiences, strengths, weaknesses etc. 4th interview in person group interview by manager and team member.

Barista Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Filled out an in-house application form. Resume and cover letter were not required. Did two interviews - one with an assistant manager, and one with the store manager before getting the job

Interview Questions
    • What is your best friend like? Why would I hire you over your best friend?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. It's starbucks

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks in October 2014.

Applied online, was called 5 days later.
    One on one interview in store

Behavioral questions- when is a time where you had a coworker who wasn't pulling their weight, when did you have to solve a problem without the needed resources, why starbucks?, tell me about yourself

Interview Questions
    • What is something you didn't know last year that you know now that would help in the work place   Answer Question

Digital Imaging Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Was referred by a friend that worked at another location. Received call one week after applying. Smooth and comforting interview with 3-4 others in line before and after. I was lucky enough to already have knowledge about cameras because it was a side hobby.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you more qualified for this position than the average person?   View Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in September 2014.

Applied online, got a phone call from the manager later that day and went in for the interview the next day. Everything happened very fast so be prepared. The manager was very friendly and i had a good time chatting with the lady. The questions were straight forward, no trick questions.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: descried one occasion that you have failed to provide decent customer service and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Family emergency

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in September 2014.

Applied for the job online. Had 2 interviews. First interview was with the manager of the location I applied to, 2nd was with the manager at another nearby location. Very straightforward interview with mostly behavioural questions (describe a time when....). The first interview focused more on presenting the various benefits the company has to offer and going over the various dress code requirements as well as availability. The second interview was more focused on questions relating to work experience and customer service situations. Overall the experience was pleasant, as long as you have a good presentation and look serious, customer service experience and good availability. Coffee knowledge or experience is not required but is surely appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you weren't able to fully satisfy a customer. What did you do to make the situation better.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Minimum wage with benefits.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

I applied online and the process took a month and a half - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2014.

I applied in person, I gave my resume to the assistant manager who asked me questions about previous work history and my availability. I received a phone call two weeks later asking if I could come in for a group interview that was to take place another two weeks later. On the day of the interview, it was a group of four including myself. The assistant manager interviewed us using a booklet of behavioural/situation questions and we all just took turns answering the questions. After that, she gave us the job description/benefits/perks/any other info she thought was important for us to know. The interview lasted around an hour and a half. At the end, she collected our references and thanked us for coming out. She also let us know that they'd be calling everyone next week to tell them whether they had gotten the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • They were all behavioural questions, nothing hard. Just use examples from previous work experience.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

I applied and got called back two days later for a 1:1 interview after two days. The interview process was easy. I walked in, got offered a drink, and was asked to sit down. I met with the manager and she asked some basic questions. These included:

- why starbucks?
    - tell me about a situation where the customer wasn't completely satisfied
    - tell me about a time where you didn't know what to do
    - how do you get to know co-workers?
    - how would you handle a situation where you have multiple tasks?

After that, we just spoke about my availability and although my availability wasn't ideal (shifts are at least 4 hours and i could only work 3-hour shifts sometimes) and It took me 40 minutes to commute to this specific location, she really sounded like she wanted to make it work. She told me that she'd contact my references and will contact me. Little did I know, 45 minutes after the end of my interview, I got a call and got offered a job. Was told that she really liked me and would be a great fit for the store.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Barista position is a minimum wage position.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interviewed at starbucks after completing online assessment. Assessment was easy and quick. The interview was very relaxed and casual but I came in a dress since I always dress formal for interviews. It was an easy interview and the manager was nice, I didn't have to do a second interview even though I know some people do.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were typical, tell me about yourself, greatest weakness ect   Answer Question

I got an offer at another company