Starbucks

Getting the Interview

1,066 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, received a call back for an interview within 2 business days. Had the interview at a Starbucks hiring fair during the weekend when the store was closed. Lots of other applicants, many managers interviewing at once. Completed the first interview and was immediately set up for a second interview on the spot with another manager. At the end of the interview, I asked if when I would hear back and they said within the next week. Received a job offer within the next 2 business days, albeit at a new store location rather than the one I applied for. Very efficient process.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details If you know anyone who works at Starbucks, make sure you put there name on the application and talk about them because they love to hire friends. If you apply, call in a couple days and ask if they have made any decisions about hiring too. The first interview will be with one of the supervisors to see if they like you. If you pass that round, then you will interview with the manager of that location and they will test you on some basic behavioural questions.

Interview Question – They asked me a lot about situational stuff. Eg. A lot of people are in the store and they all have these different needs, who are you going to help first and what are you going to do.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Interviewed at Starbucks

Interview Details Multiple rounds of phone screenings and in person interviews.

Interview Question – Behavioural questions, ie describe a time you disappointed a customer.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Mississauga, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2010.

Interview Details You apply online and you never hear a phone call back. I got lucky i had a friend already working for starbucks and she got me an interview with the store manager. And then I did a second interview with another store manager before being hired. they ask you about 10 questions. all about customer service be as loyal as possible about your answers LOVE your customers. Sympathize on your answers. DO not come off with anger or something negative stay positive about all your answers. oh and you also get a drink of your choice off the menu during the interview.

Interview Question – none it was a very short interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none

Barista Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details Went into Starbucks asked if they were hiring. Manager asked me when I was free for an interview and asked me to apply online. Applied online then met with her a day later, brought my resume. Got the job on the spot.

Interview Question – What is your favourite coffee? What is your favourite drink?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Barista Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details hired within a week

Interview Question – it was very casual and disorganized, focused on customer service   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Montreal, QC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details They sent me an email to define a time for the interview; no phone call. Nevertheless it got me still excited about it and I had the interview the following week. It was in their headquarter, early morning. I prepared my coffee tasting in their kitchen, brought it in the meeting room. The interviewer was a district manager I had never met and there was another district manager which I knew (But wasn't supposed to be him). This way, they can tell better if the partner deserves the promotion.

Interview Question – It was ALL "STAR" oriented questions. "Tell me about a situation you had a problem with a teamate" "Tell me about a situation when a customer was unhappy"
At the end, they asked me three words to describe what a perfect manager should be or skills they should have.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negociation needed; it was a bit above my expectations. :)

Very Easy Interview

Barista

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2013.

Interview Details Applied online. Went to store for interview. Interviewed by local manager. Asked only a few simple questions and asked if I could start tomorrow.

Interview Question – Are you a team player?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in December 2013.

Interview Details First I had a screening interview on the phone with the store assistant manager. After I passed, I was invited to the store for an in-person interview with the assistant manager as well as the store manager. After a serious of random questions that involved how you deal with criticism, working in teamwork, etc,, I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – How do you deal with criticism?   Answer Question

Barista

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details Online application, initial interview with store manager, then final interview with regional manager.

Interview Question – "How did you respond at your last job to situations where there was a belligerent customer?"   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Starbucks

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starbucks interview questions and advice. All 1,066 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Starbucks employees and interview candidates.