Starbucks Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr, 2015
1,579 Interview Reviews

2.4

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR rep, In person interview with DM. Basic questions. 5 year plan, strengths and weaknesses. Quick process. Hired within 3 days. Very informative and kind. Head office parking sucks, best to take transit

Interview Questions

• Where you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks in March 2015.

Interview

They called me a day after I had applied online. Since this was my first job interview, I was terribly nervous and unfortunately didn't get the job. The interviewer was polite and I was asked why I had chosen the specific available times... I didn't know how to answer. So they told me after that their location wasn't looking to hire seasonal job employees. But overall, I thought it was a good, although short, interview that gave me more experience in job searching.

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks in March 2015.

Interview

Applied on line, got a call the next day to set up a phone interview the following week. They called right on time. Spoke to a recruiter for about 30 minutes. Got invited to do the Virtual Job Try Out, and was scheduled a follow up interview for the Friday morning. Friday was a series of Behavioural questions, where they asked about specific situations and how you handled them. They are looking for Situation, Action, Result. At that interview I was advised that my next step was a meeting with a District Manager. They emailed all the information promptly. Very professional. I went to the interview, which was successful. I'm now just waiting for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation with an employee   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a manager over the phone two days afterwards. I had an interview with a nice manager. The interview took about 20-25 minutes. The first one was successful. The second one was scheduled in a week. During the second interview similar questions were asked. The atmosphere was really friendly. And yes, it was successful as well.

Interview Questions

Be positive, open, smile. During the interview treat a manager if she / he were your best friend and you'll be a success! Good luck!

Starbucks-Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks (North Vancouver, BC) in March 2015.

Interview

I went into the store, asked if they hire 16 year olds (I'm 16), he said yes you can apply online and then give me a call so I can take a look at it. I applied that day and called him two days later. He asked me to come in for an interview on the following Monday. I went in for an interview and was offered the job on the spot. He asked mostly situational questions. He was very easy to talk to and relate too.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you received unexpected criticsm.   1 Answer

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks (Regina, SK).

Interview

I applied for the position one month ago, so I thought enough time had passed that I would not be hearing back. Lo and behold, I have been moved to the second step of the process - the online questions. We will see how it goes. So far, I have applied to the online posting and have been invited to complete the online questionnaire.

Interview Questions

• I am at the beginning states of the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I have only advanced to the next stage. I will have to update after that stage is complete.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I walked in and asked to speak to the manager and was told she would be with me shortly, once she came out we sat at a table in the cafe and started the interview, she asked to tell my why I wanted to work at Starbucks, why do I think I would be a good fit etc, then went on to ask a list of questions that starbucks provides for her. She was very ne and the interview was comfortable and quick. She asked me to go home and fill out the online application then let her know when I had completed it, shortly after that she phoned me and offered the job! My tip for the interview is try to be yourself and not be nervous! Try to relax a bit and show them your personality! Good luck!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who wasn't happy with their order? What would you do to make it better?   1 Answer

Negotiation

She offered me the job over the phone and asked if I accepted, I said yes.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Apply online and they will call you. You could go in to introduce yourself also because they receive a ton of resumes and you want to stand out in the stack of resumes. Once you get the interview, it's pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Have lots of examples of different previous work experiences. The questions asked are situational and really have to do with how you handle yourself in specific situations.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Applied through online, took about a month to receive a call for the first interview with one HR rep.
    3 face-to-face interviews in total. Didn't receive an offer in the end.

Interview Questions

• Prepare situational questions based on STAR format.
      What would you do if... based questions. Focused on customer relationships and with your coworkers.

Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks (Vancouver, BC) in January 2015.

Interview

Overall, a very positive process. Significantly shorter than what many others said on here. Phone interview, one in person, and then offer that day. General behavioural interview, with focus on sales and profitability.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have taken a risk which has increased profitability.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation ability, but offer was still competitive.