Starbucks

1,237 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Barista - Starbucks

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2013.

Interview Details The initial communication was the phone call, a short interview regarding availability and commitments to school, also a face to face interview was scheduled. I was not interviewed by the manager of the store of which I was interviewing for the job, but a interview specialist. They have a generic template of interview questions which are straightforward. I believe the interview lasted for 20 minutes.

Interview Question – The most difficult question may of been when asked about a time I provided great customer service.   Answer Question

Barista

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and got a call back about 2 days later, asking me to come in for an interview, scheduled 3 days later. On the day of the interview, I was offered a drink from the manager of the store where I was interviewing. I was interviewed by a manager from a different store (they were hiring for several stores in my area). The interview went smoothly, felt more like a conversation than an interrogation (mostly common behavioural interview questions). My interviewer was very enthusiastic about the work culture, the training process, and working at Starbucks in general. However, I was disappointed to find out I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous work experience.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you were in disagreement with a colleague/co-worker. What did you do?   Answer Question
  • How do you make a decision when you don't have all the necessary information and your supervisor is not present?   Answer Question

Barista

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details Interviewed at starbucks after completing online assessment. Assessment was easy and quick. The interview was very relaxed and casual but I came in a dress since I always dress formal for interviews. It was an easy interview and the manager was nice, I didn't have to do a second interview even though I know some people do.

Interview Question – Most questions were typical, tell me about yourself, greatest weakness ect   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got an offer at another company

Saint Catharines, ON

I applied online - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and received a call within two business days. Had an interview two days later. The interviewer was very nice to me and made me feel very welcome. A lot of the interview questions were loaded and wanted me to talk about negative experiences. Avoid talking badly about your employer or coworkers at all costs!!!
Received a call with a job offer one week after the interview. :)

Interview Question – What is the thing you dislike most about your current job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Barista

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details I applied and got called back two days later for a 1:1 interview after two days. The interview process was easy. I walked in, got offered a drink, and was asked to sit down. I met with the manager and she asked some basic questions. These included:

- why starbucks?
- tell me about a situation where the customer wasn't completely satisfied
- tell me about a time where you didn't know what to do
- how do you get to know co-workers?
- how would you handle a situation where you have multiple tasks?

After that, we just spoke about my availability and although my availability wasn't ideal (shifts are at least 4 hours and i could only work 3-hour shifts sometimes) and It took me 40 minutes to commute to this specific location, she really sounded like she wanted to make it work. She told me that she'd contact my references and will contact me. Little did I know, 45 minutes after the end of my interview, I got a call and got offered a job. Was told that she really liked me and would be a great fit for the store.

Interview Question – None are difficult if you prepare   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Barista position is a minimum wage position.

Barista

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in May 2014.

Interview Details Online application and in person interview
I got two in person interviews. The first went around 40 mins and the second one was only 10 mins. But two days later after the second interview, they said they wanted to recruit a fulltime person. However, I was applying part job.

Interview Question – all questions are normal. such as team building, how to deal with difficult customers, why starbucks,   View Answer

Interviewed at Starbucks

Interview Details I walked in with my resume and cover letter and was told to apply only first. The manager didnt take my resume but took my name and number. 3 days after I applied online I received a call for an interview. The interview was long but the questions weren't so bad.

Interview Question – What should a manager do or not do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I started with minimum wage.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Barista - Starbucks
Calgary, AB

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and got a call the next day, went in for an interview a few days later. I got a call exactly a week from the day I first applied saying I got the job. Manager was friendly and easy to talk with. He asked me a few questions on the phone before setting up my interview. Most questions were about customer service, accomplishments, and my experience with working with others. Environment was friendly, had coffee when I went in.

Interview Question – If you were an inanimate object, what would you be?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Starbucks

Interview Details basic interview process . I also need to write thiry words for this process. The interview was easy and you do not need alot of expierence, this is my first job

Fredericton, NB

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and I was emailed a few days later to set up a time to interview. I met with the manager in an office, although I have seen her interview other people at tables depending on how busy it is. She read questions off a sheet and wrote down answers, and said I would hear back in a week or so about whether or not I got the job.

Interview Question – Questions are based off of situations and how you have handled / or would handle them and the outcome.   Answer Question

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!