Staples Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

Interview

I submitted my resume on hand. I was called two days later to attend my first interview. I was asked mostly situational questions and some questions about tech and new gadgets. I was again called for second interview again I was asked situational questions. Then I was asked for third one (yeah, I know, very long one -_-). Waiting for the result.

Interview Questions

• All I can remember these questions:
      1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. Your previous job experience.
      3. Most difficult condition in your job
      4. Have you even was against your supervisor?
      5. tell me about your best and worst customer experience.
      6. Why should I hire you?
      7. What is the most important thing you have learnt from your job.

And lots of other questions cant remember now. :( . I will update later if I can remember. Have confidence and good luck!!

Answer Question

Tech Aassociate Part Time Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Staples in August 2014.

Interview

I applied in person had to fill out a application in the store. I received a call back the next day under 24 hours looking for an interview. Once completed I was called the same day to schedule a second interview. Which took place the following day. The first interview asked normal questions that any employer will ask. The second was pretty much the same thing it was a different person who interviewed me and asked very few questions. That same day I got a call back saying I got the job. Overall it was a great experience I really like how staples was quick at the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What are you interests?
      Why do you want to work at staples?

Answer Question

Negotiation

I was looking for part time so I was looking for minimum wage.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Staples in January 2014.

Interview

Total process took 2 months. Phone screen, interview with sales manager, second interview with sales manager and director, then a ride along.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples in January 2014.

Interview

4 steps:

1) 1 hour phone interview
    2) 30 min face to face interview with sales manager
    3) 40 min face to face interview with sales manager and regional director
    4) A ride along with manager

Promised me a follow up the following week after ride along... received no reply or call... maybe at least a courtesy email would be nice.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples (Oakville, ON).

Interview

Had 2 rounds, the interview was well over an hour. They went in-depth to my past, discussed my schooling and all my previous jobs. It was a very positive interview.

Negotiation

Limited, they offered me more than I was currently making but did have me train an hour from my house, which was inconvenient.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Staples in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online.... had my interview about a week later. It was a very typical Interview. The majority of the questions were all ones I've heard before. This was just last week and was my first interview, I was told that I would get a call in a week -9 days if I am going to go on to the second interview

Interview Questions

• The question I always find the most difficult it : Why should we hire you over other?   Answer Question

Copy Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Staples (Waterloo, ON).

Interview

I applied in-store and got a call about three weeks later when they started hiring for back-to-school. The first interview was pretty basic. It was with one of the managers and he asked about my availability, previous work experience (especially in retail), behavioural questions, why I wanted to work there, whether I had any add-on selling experience (they're big on that there), etc. I got offered a second interview for the next day and it was with the copy and print center manager. This interview lasted quite a bit longer and he asked more situational type questions, why I would be a good fit for staples, good and bad experiences shopping in other stores, and how I have handled difficult customers before.
    I didn't feel overly confident about the second interview, but they called me a few hours later and offered me the job, so I guess it went quite well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a good shopping experience you have had and what you liked about it / tell me about a bad shopping experience you have had and how you think that experience could have been improved.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You start out at minimum wage.

Easy Tech Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples (Edmonton, AB) in February 2012.

Interview

one interview that went through:
    Ques 1. why I wanted to work for staples? I answered because my previous company would always buy office supplies from them so they were a reliable source
    Ques 2. How would I deal with bad customer experience? I said I didn't care much
    Then he went through what their focus was and that there is no commission and only the top sales person in each region gets a gift card or whatever incentive based on what extended service plans to sell for that period.
    Ques 3. What can I sell to customers if they buy a computer? I said mice, keyboard, mousepad, printer, game controller, software and I forgot to mention: ESPs!! (extended service plans) so the extended warranties.
    That was pretty much it and didn't ask about what my hourly rate should be.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any unexpected questions or most difficult ones asked, it was pretty simple   Answer Question

I had found a better offer at Best Buy despite also no commission

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leamington, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Staples (Leamington, ON) in September 2011.

Interview

Applied in-person at the store and was immediately called to set up an interview. I was nervous when I got there, and I think the Interviewer could tell and really that was my major downfall. He asked me a lot of questions regarding how i would act in certain situations and basically just tried to get to know me as a potential employee. Got a call back a few weeks later saying that they were not going to continue with my application at this time. My sister applied and made it through three separate interviews before being declined as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a experience where you had to take control of a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Senior Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strathcona, AB

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Staples (Strathcona, AB) in September 2010.

Interview

Well there interview process is huge they ask the right questions. The questions are very easy to answere. I will highly recomend staples. More is always needed i was hired almost right away. i was super happy that this has happened

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 10 years from today?   1 Answer