Staples

Updated 14 Nov, 2014
Updated 14 Nov, 2014

2.3

Tech Aassociate Part Time Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Staples in August 2014.

I applied in person had to fill out a application in the store. I received a call back the next day under 24 hours looking for an interview. Once completed I was called the same day to schedule a second interview. Which took place the following day. The first interview asked normal questions that any employer will ask. The second was pretty much the same thing it was a different person who interviewed me and asked very few questions. That same day I got a call back saying I got the job. Overall it was a great experience I really like how staples was quick at the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • What are you interests?
      Why do you want to work at staples?
        Answer Question
    I was looking for part time so I was looking for minimum wage.

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Staples in January 2014.

Total process took 2 months. Phone screen, interview with sales manager, second interview with sales manager and director, then a ride along.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

Had 2 rounds, the interview was well over an hour. They went in-depth to my past, discussed my schooling and all my previous jobs. It was a very positive interview.

Limited, they offered me more than I was currently making but did have me train an hour from my house, which was inconvenient.

Copy Center Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Staples in March 2013.

I applied online.... had my interview about a week later. It was a very typical Interview. The majority of the questions were all ones I've heard before. This was just last week and was my first interview, I was told that I would get a call in a week -9 days if I am going to go on to the second interview

Interview Questions
    • The question I always find the most difficult it : Why should we hire you over other?   Answer Question

Copy Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied in-person – interviewed at Staples.

I applied in-store and got a call about three weeks later when they started hiring for back-to-school. The first interview was pretty basic. It was with one of the managers and he asked about my availability, previous work experience (especially in retail), behavioural questions, why I wanted to work there, whether I had any add-on selling experience (they're big on that there), etc. I got offered a second interview for the next day and it was with the copy and print center manager. This interview lasted quite a bit longer and he asked more situational type questions, why I would be a good fit for staples, good and bad experiences shopping in other stores, and how I have handled difficult customers before.
    I didn't feel overly confident about the second interview, but they called me a few hours later and offered me the job, so I guess it went quite well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a good shopping experience you have had and what you liked about it / tell me about a bad shopping experience you have had and how you think that experience could have been improved.   View Answer
    You start out at minimum wage.

Easy Tech Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples in February 2012.

one interview that went through:
    Ques 1. why I wanted to work for staples? I answered because my previous company would always buy office supplies from them so they were a reliable source
    Ques 2. How would I deal with bad customer experience? I said I didn't care much
    Then he went through what their focus was and that there is no commission and only the top sales person in each region gets a gift card or whatever incentive based on what extended service plans to sell for that period.
    Ques 3. What can I sell to customers if they buy a computer? I said mice, keyboard, mousepad, printer, game controller, software and I forgot to mention: ESPs!! (extended service plans) so the extended warranties.
    That was pretty much it and didn't ask about what my hourly rate should be.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any unexpected questions or most difficult ones asked, it was pretty simple   Answer Question

I had found a better offer at Best Buy despite also no commission

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leamington, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leamington, ON

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Staples in September 2011.

Applied in-person at the store and was immediately called to set up an interview. I was nervous when I got there, and I think the Interviewer could tell and really that was my major downfall. He asked me a lot of questions regarding how i would act in certain situations and basically just tried to get to know me as a potential employee. Got a call back a few weeks later saying that they were not going to continue with my application at this time. My sister applied and made it through three separate interviews before being declined as well.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a experience where you had to take control of a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Senior Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strathcona, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strathcona, AB

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Staples in September 2010.

Well there interview process is huge they ask the right questions. The questions are very easy to answere. I will highly recomend staples. More is always needed i was hired almost right away. i was super happy that this has happened

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see your self in 10 years from today?   View Answer

Area Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Staples in August 2009.

face interview for 10min

Interview Questions
    negotiation was a take it or leave it

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Staples in May 2009.

Applied on very user friendly website.
    Followed up with email to LinkedIn connection at Staples.
    Received name of HR contact from LinkedIn contact and called them.
    Received call for and arranged interview.
    Had very positive and relaxed interview.
    Met Hiring Manager at end of interview and sat with him a short chat.
    Followed up with HR contact - they were rethinking a couple of roles.
    Got the call they were going another way.
    Left a positive thought with HR contact in case of future opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • Why haven't we heard of you before? (Position had been previously advertised)   View Answer