Sprint

Sprint Technical Support Specialist Interview Questions

2.4

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sprint in September 2012.

I felt that it was relaxing. The person that interviewed me was very relaxed and it made me feel relaxed. While he still asked all the important questions about my experience and my expectations, he was also establishing a relationship, which is important in the role I was interviewing for.

I was offered a position as an advanced technical support specialist, but I interviewed for a technical support specialist. There was not much of a negotiation when they offered me more than I originally expected.

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sprint in August 2012.

Apply online via sprint.com, you are then contacted via email to be scheduled for a written/computer test. Once you have completed the test and depending on results your will be then scheduled for face-to-face interview. Interview consists of technical questions regarding PC, tablets, and cell phones. Then you are required to provided examples of when you have had to work with a difficult customer. Other questions consist of any previous experience dealing with co-workers and in a call center environment.

Interview Questions
    None. Starting pay was more than what I was expecting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sprint in July 2012.

The interview went okay, but when I asked a question about how performance was measured, the interviewer gave four measurements of how success was measured, I began to get concerned if this company was all about metrics and not about customer service. I had not worked in a call center ,but I felt I could do it since I learned basic no no's about customer service in the field you did not do in the call center. If you can handle customers, go for it. I'm not convinced Sprint has your back in the event you deal with an angry customer and you try your best to resolve the situation for them if they wish to speak with a supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Sprint in May 2012.

It's just a phone interview and if you do well on that you get a 1:1 and if you succeed there you go pee in a cup.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sprint in October 2011.

Unable to access all the testing online. Contacted by recruiter half way thru testing process. Went in to finish testing and interview. Offered 2nd interview tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you offered technical assistance and what were your steps   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprint in February 2011.

Interview is very easy. Can you read? Can you speak? GREAT! YOU'RE HIRED!

Interview Questions
    • The me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    no room for negotiation.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sprint in February 2011.

Was called Friday and came in Monday and met with initial interviewer (1:1). I was asked about previous call center history, handling irate callers and comfort with diversity questions. I was called back that afternoon for 2nd interview with manager. Office was very relaxed; manager who interviewed me was in jeans. Similar questions about call center history ... especially focused on service skills. Tech background was nice, but larger focus was on the stuff that's harder to teach.

Interview Questions
    I gave what I would like to make; they made a offer close and I took the offer..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sprint in August 2010.

I first received a phone call from the recruiter. She advised me who she was and what position they were looking for. She asked if I was interested and I said that I was. She then told me to fill out an online application which she sent a link for and scheduled me to come in to take their assessment.

When I arrived, I had to show security my drivers license and she then informed me to have a seat. A person from Human Resources came out and led me to a computer terminal to start their assessment. The assessment consisted of 195 questions all multiple choice, but contained word problems, math problems (did not have a calculator) and agree/disagree/problems. After the 195 questions, you were then presented with another 40 question of mostly a personal nature agree/disagree type.

After that, you were then presented with an animated training video where you represented "Pat--a customer service agent" and it led you through this training. You were then presented with several calls where you had to choose the correct responses and the correct button on the "call center" screen to get the information. Once that was done, it was back to the animated training lab where you learned to type notes and record your voice into this system. So now you were presented with several more calls, choosing the correct response..recording the response, choosing the proper "notes" to type in to the screen..typing the notes into screen, then saving and categorizing the call. This whole thing took about 3 hours.

After this, I spoke with Human Resources who described the position which lasted about 20 minutes and then I spoke with the hiring manager which lased about another 20 minutes. After all this was completed, Human Resources gave me some paperwork (light) to fill out and then gave me a slip to go and take a drug test. So far no offer.

Interview Questions
    • In your past job, what procedure did you have the most difficult time with either understanding or following?   Answer Question
    • Give me a step by step description of any type of technical support that you fixed. It could be anything from installing or removing a program, connecting to the internet etc   Answer Question