Sports Authority

Getting the Interview

111 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Authority Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details The hiring process begins with a group interview setting starting with everybody introducing themselves. Questions were not too hard, more or less things aspects relating to your work ethic and how your skills will contribute to the company. After that, two or three out of the interviewees get into a second interview with the Store Manager and he/she will hire you.

Interview Question – What are some values that you believe in that will help you succeed in this company?   View Answer

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority in June 2013.

Interview Details Since I had already worked in retail, my interview was basically to describe my experiences with customer service. They look for things like leadership, competitive nature, self-set goals, resilience, etc. They also want you to ask MANY questions

Interview Question – There wasn't any.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Interviewed at Sports Authority

Interview Details a set of words that is complete in itself, typically containing a subject and predicate, conveying a statement, question, exclamation, or command, and consisting of a main clause and sometimes one or more subordinate clauses.

Training Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details Applied on line. Had a response and interview set up within 10 days. Agreed to a background Check. After approval, Interview at local store with District Manager consisted of mainly of DM reviewing my experience briefly and then talking at length about the company.

Interview Question – Only asked questions related to my experience, all of which were answered on my resume.   Answer Question

Store Management Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details very easy answered basic retail questions. if you worked as a member of a retail store management team in the past its a piece of cake. first call from field hr for a simple phone interview. then a half hour in person with hr and district manager. about 2 days later recieved offer.

Cashier Interview

Denver, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied online, a week later the store manager called and asked if I could interview. Went in the next day, seemed like a normal interview (nothing you wouldn't expect). Then two weeks later I was offered the position over the phone.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you over the guy I'm interviewing directly after ypu .   Answer Question

Co Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details Talked with an SM at a location. He asked what position I was interested in. He asked why I wanted to work for the company, if I was currently working and why I left my last position. He then asked if I had questions. I asked alot of questions about the responsiblities of the position and related it to my background to give assurance. He then said that if they were interested that I would get a call in a month and that they were just seeing what was out there. He was professional.Two days later, I received a call from another MGR and went to a second interview. The SM spoke on and on about her personal life ( past injuries and family medical issues) for about an hour. I felt like a counselor. I then come to find out that she was interviewing for hourly team lead positions where I would need to relocate since the new store was extremely far away from where I live. I drove 49 miles one way for this interview where I thought I was interviewing for a salary position.She asked me: would I socialize outside of work with coworkers, about why I left a job where I had worked 10 years ago, and about what the 1st screener spoke about. Most of my time was listening to her rattle off her to do list for the new store that she was taking over and personal issues that were inappropriate for an interview.She came across as extremely anxious, overwhelmed with her work and apologized for having OCD.

Interview Question – Would I socialize with coworkers outside of work? She mentioned that people at her store play some sports together but they don't invite everyone   Answer Question

Interviewed at Sports Authority

Interview Details Saw an ad online and applied. Within the week, got a call and set up an interview. Interview pretty basic, didn't ask anything too difficult, or anything at all really besides: "Do you have any questions for me?" Was told I'd hear from them. Got an offer a few days later.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority in March 2012.

Interview Details Submitted application online to three different stores. Got a call from one of them to come in for an interview. Came in, met with the store manager. Interviewed with him, received a tour of the store, and was told I seemed like a good fit and would receive a call in a few days.

Interview Question – Interviewer describes a situation such as a disagreement with a customer.   View Answer

Sales Team Leader Interview

Sales Team Leader
Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Sports Authority in February 2014.

Interview Details Did phone interview and was asked to come in for a 1 on 1 interview......Spent about 35 minutes discussing past work experiences and sale objectives.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not enough Money

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sports Authority

Worked for Sports Authority? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sports Authority interview questions and advice. All 111 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Sports Authority employees and interview candidates.