Sports Authority

127 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Visual/Merchandising Associate Interview

Visual/Merchandising Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details Began by talking about my previous work history. The manager was very rude and told me my previous jobs weren't real jobs...? Not sure how but whatever. Asked simple questions such as what do i know about sports authority, why should they hire me over previous people they interviewed

Interview Question – If someone who knew you very well was interviewing with us what would they say you need to work on   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Got offered a higher paying job

Very Easy Interview

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority in February 2012.

Interview Details Honestly just sound somewhat competent and called back a few times to make yourself sound very interested. I can't give too much advice due to the fact that the sales manager that gave me my interview just bragged about how great he was at being a salesman. They didn't seem to have the highest standards when hiring. Just show up and seem pretty well put together and able to hold a conversation and you should be fine.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Pretty self explanatory.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, they offered $8 an hour and you could take it or leave it.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details The Interview was very professional and pretty quick as well. They asked standard interview questions that weren't difficult to answer at all. The company is very detail oriented and they wanted the best sales person for the job.

Interview Question – What was your best customer service experience?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details I applied online and received a call within 2 weeks. The most difficult part of the interview was picking any item in the store and try to "sell" it to another person participating in the group interview. I picked a sports bra because I know which ones are best for running. The managers loved that I was different and made it funny when I was "selling" it to a male interviewee.

Interview Question – Describe the item and features of it and sell it to your "customer" (the interviewee).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my hours but not pay. Pay was minimum wage with commission.

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Denver, CO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details asked about technical skills and approach towards a problem, organizational skill questions
some stupid psycho questions, meant more like wasting time, irrelevant to the job
felt like there was conflict b/w managers and the other person trying to build a team

Woburn, MA (US)

Interviewed at Sports Authority

Interview Details It was very fast. I applied on the weekend, interviewed the following week and was offered a position on the spot, for a drug test the next day. The manager was great.

Interview Questions

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details The hiring process was a bit annoying since they mostly only hire previous employees or if you get referred by a current employee like I did. I had to keep calling to ask for an interview which their reply would be within 3 days. Then I would call on the third day just to hear the same response. Had to walk in to talk to them personally to finally get an interview which was very simple. Basic questions like why work here, past experience

Interview Question – What is more important to you, making a customer smile or say thank you?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

Interviewed at Sports Authority

Interview Details It was quick and painless. looking for friendly people, I was asked more about my own aspirations and How I could help change the culture of a store to be friendly and welcoming to customers.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details First you need to fill out an online application. Once I completed that I went in and spoke to a manager who told me the hiring manager was out and he would make sure to let him know I came in and was interested. I received a call about two days later from the hiring manager asking me to come in for an interview.

Interview Question – I wouldn't say there was any question that I hadn't heard before. Standard interview questions; why do you want to work for us, why would you be a great fit, when was there a time when you went above and beyond for a customer, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was initially offered $8.00 but I expressed my customer service experience and was able to raise him up to $8.25

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate
Gainesville, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. Call came approximately a week later with an interview the next day. Seemed like a typical retail interview. Arrived 10 minutes early and waited for the operations manager to be ready to take me back for the interview. Nice lady, just had simple questions for me. Said I would receive a call back in the next week once the store manager decided what he wanted to do. Received a call a week and a half after the interview extending the job offer to me.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Worked for Sports Authority? Contribute to the Community!