Southwest Airlines Ramp Agent Interview Questions

Updated 18 Jul, 2015

2.5

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Nashville, TN (US)) in July-2015.

Interview

Applied on line for Ramp Agent in Nashville, TN.. Received an email asking for me to complete an in depth application with 10-year work, education and address history. After completing the application, I then completed my phone interview about 30-45 mins later. Was informed that there are over 100 applicants for the few positions. So I should look forward to an email or phone to see if I'll be moving forward to the face to face in 2 weeks located in Nashville, TN.

Interview Questions

• Why Southwest? Why did I leave certain jobs?What was my most phsically challenging job?Where do I see myself in 2-5 yrs? Am I capable of fulfilling the duties the job entitles?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May-2015.

Interview

I have a strong work ethic, I work well with others, I'm responsible and respectful, I'm reliable and trustworthy I can lift up to 70 pounds, I'm consistent and I take pride in my work

Interview Questions

• The interview went well they asked me why would I want to work for southwest   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bwi Airport, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Bwi Airport, MD (US)) in May-2015.

Interview

I applied about a month or two ago and I had the telephone interview and it went well but unfortunately I received an email saying they already made the decision and it wasn't in my favor. Needless to say I didn't give up, I applied two more times and I received an email asking me to fill out my employment history and I did that immediately and then some lady emailed me asking me if I would be interested in a interview and of course I was. So today I went for the interview and I had a ok time it was just a normal interview and I answered all the questions as profoundly as possible lol. So me and the interviewer hit it off had some fun she told me she would let me know after 2weeks when they do my background check. I believe I got th job! It was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Am I willing to work any shift? Shifts are based on seniority so you do not get to make your own schedule but you are required to show up for all shifts.   5 Answers

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in May-2015.

Interview

Applied online and had a lady call me a week later for a phone interview , did a phone interview, then waited for a while and got a phone call 3 weeks later, very nice person and I am going in week for a face to face interview in a week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with southwest airlines?   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in April-2015.

Interview

I received a call for a phone interview from a recruiter roughly a week after submitting an online application. I did however receive an email a few days before from a different recruiter asking me to fill out an online application for the Ramp Agent position. When I received the call, the recruiter started interviewing me for the wrong position. The interview was supposed to be for the Ramp Agent position, but I was being asked questions regarding a Customer Service Agent position. I informed the recruiter that I never applied for the Customer Service Agent position and he said, "Oops, give me a minute to get the correct job description". -.- How unprofessional are these recruiters? I clearly mentioned at the beginning of the interview I was surprised I heard so soon after applying for the Ramp Agent position, but apparently the recruiter wasn't listening. Another situation I noticed is that the recruiter had not read my resume at all before hand; he was going through the provided application I submitted online while I was explaining my background. The interview consisted of questions such as, "Why Southwest?", "What is your previous work experience?", "Can you tell me what you know about the Ramp Agent position?", and "Are you okay with working in various weather conditions, carrying 70 pounds, and being payed $10.28 per hour for the first six months?" I was not asked any behavioral questions. The online application does not fit a lot of information, I had no room to fill in all of my college adduction, high school education, previous jobs, and my current job. I do currently work for Delta as a Ramp Agent, and I don't think the recruiter liked hearing that. The tone of his voice changed from a somewhat preppy sound to a more annoyed sound after I mentioned my current work with Delta. The recruiter did say that he has a few more days of phone interviews and he will call me back in a few days. The key note for this interview compared to other phone interviews I have had with Southwest is that the recruiter specifically said, "I will call you back". Unfortunately, it has been about 5 days and so far no call back. The recruiter also specifically said, "Call me if you have any further questions regarding the Ramp Agent position". I did try calling him so I could ask a question but he did not pick up. I left a voicemail and so far I have heard no response. Overall, this was once again a negative phone interview experience with Southwest Airlines. It seems many of the recruiters lack organization and do not return calls. Besides for my experience in working for a competitor airline, I'm not sure why I would not be chosen for a F2F. I was not given a chance to talk very much, the recruiter spent most of the time talking about the position and reading my application out loud. Any questions I were asked I could not give a somewhat long response answer because the recruiter kept interrupting to either ask a new question or to describe the job more in detail. At the end of the phone interview when he asked if I had any other questions was the only other opportunity I was given to talk more about me and to better answer his questions. However, to no surprise the recruiter interrupted and said if I have no other questions then that's all he has.

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in April-2015.

Interview

I applied 3 times for the same position (Ramp Agent Part Time) at MSY. 4/30/15- 6/8/15 & 7/14/15. I had a phone interview for the first 2 applications but then had to follow up after weeks of not hearing anything only to get a reply email saying that I wasn't getting the position. For the last application I haven't heard anything yet. Disappointed to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Do you know some of the job duties of the ramp agent.   2 Answers

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in January-2015.

Interview

I filled out an online application. A couple days later I got an email to fill out a more detailed online application. I was called for a phone interview the next week. I was scheduled for a face to face interview the following week. I went to the face to face interview and was interviewed by an HR person and a ramp agent supervisor. They asked me about my work history, the duties of the position, three qualities a ramp agent should have, my willingness to do mandatory OT and shift work, my past experience with OT and shift work, how I handled a disagreement with a coworker, what I thought the most difficult part of the position was, and more. They said they had more interviews to do this week and would get back to me next week regardless if I was hired or not They were very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 qualities important to a ramp agent?   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL (US)) in March-2015.

Interview

I received a call about a week after applying online. At the end of the short phone screening I was asked to come in for a face to face interview. The interviewer asked what I did at my previous jobs and why I left. At the end of the interview, was told that I would hear back after the completion of my drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Southwest Airlines ?   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in March-2015.

Interview

I was emailed to do a phone interview, once I did the interview they said I would hear from within a week. The next day I was called to schedule a F2F. Had my F2F also did my drug test and background. Just waiting on start date

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL (US)) in March-2015.

Interview

Signed up online, received phone call day later. Then was requested for F2F. The F2F was planed 2 weeks later. Interview consisted with HR person and other employee.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation dealing with a problem in a group.   Answer Question