Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

2.8

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

After a few phone interviews I was invited to a face-to-face interview. They were busy and I had to wait about 30 minutes after my scheduled interview time. There were 5 people in the interview room: 1 person in charge of hiring, 2 supervisors, and 2 people taking notes. It was friendly and I enjoyed the interview.

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Best to apply online. Just be yourself and once you get in the company you can move around both position wise and location. There is also a 6 month probation time. Huge background check.

Interview Questions

• There is a lot of overtime to work and they have what they call "mandatory overtime" so be ready to work the holidays at first.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Oakland, CA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Long! I filled out my application December 2013 and did not receive an email until Thanksgiving 2014. I responded to the email by giving work history and current and previous addresses. Got a phone interview about 2-3 weeks later and immediately got a face to face interview in oakland . My phone interview was On a Thursday and my face to face in Oakland was that next Wednesday . I was so nervous, but upon arrival the atmosphere at the people department was great! Everyone was so friendly ! I did wait a while prior to my interview but was hired on the spot!
    While there I had to do a few simple tests , and gave my drivers license , college degree and social security card. Did my fingerprints and went for a drug screening the next day. Make sure there are no gaps and your app is filled out in its entirety. Background check took approximately two to three weeks. Now I'm off to training and cannot wait to start my career with southwest !

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you solve the situation   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online. The entire process took a little over 3 months. I uploaded my resume, then I heard back from them a month later asking me to write a "Why Southwest" essay. I later had a phone interview, and if you pass that then they will fly you to their headquarters in Dallas.

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical interview questions. Why are you a good fit for Southwest? What is your biggest weakness? They also asked about my previous internship a lot.   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Southwest FA hiring process is more interested in getting to know you. It's very relaxed. It's a panel of 3 that includes FA, FA Supervisor, and Recruiter. Pretty much ask questions based on the Star Format

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult, interview was more like a conversation. I was asked why I wanted to be a Flight Attendant.   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2014.

Interview

got a call from one of the recruiters and he was rushing the call. asked me about my previous jobs and asked me simple questions of how i would handle different scenarios then he said he would let me know the next week for a face to face so im waiting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

s low pay and no negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, basic questions on my resume and coursework. Then asked some basic HR questions. Then was followed up with another phone interview going into position details. Was called back a month later and invited for a in person interview in Dallas.

Ramp Agent - HOU Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I revevied a call from a recruiter in PHX, he like what I said about SWA and why I want to work for SWA. Later, recevied an email to attend a face to face interview at HOU. Interview went well, with two people. One with an HR Rep. and another with a Ramp Supervisor. Interview went well, both shocked on what I know about aviation. Before leaving, she did say it is a long process, this Friday will be two weeks. Hopfully I will recevie some good news and move forward with the SWA process. Anyone has info on the hiring process...

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard and simple. Applied and got a call about a week later and did a 10 minute phone screen which ended with scheduling a face to face a couple days later. After my face to face got the offer 2 days later and began my background and drug screen

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions. Nothing out of the normal set of interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. Standard starting rate for everyone and I am new to the industry so didn't expect anything else.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online by submitting my resume. About a week later I was invited to complete an online application if I was still interested providing my ten year work history. Two days later I got a call for a phone interview. I declined to move forward has the recruiter mentioned I would have to travel to Dallas for five weeks to complete training. I was unaware training would be out of state.