Southwest Airlines

Updated 25 Jan, 2015
Updated 25 Jan, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Agent Interview

3 different interviews.. 1 phone then if you passed that, then a group interview, then 1 on 1.. Then if hired 3 weeks in Dallas for training and don't see family till you come back

no negotiation...you are union and start at bottom and have no life

Ramp Agent Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in September 2014.

Horrible. I was the 15th or 16th potential applicant that day. The interviewer was curt and rude towards me. She clearly wasn't having a good day. She spent more time talking at me than to me. The ramp representative that sat in on the interview fell asleep while I was talking. He didn't wake up until his cell phone rang.

They'll take your background info (social security number, address, etc.) knowing they don't plan on hiring you. You have to just trust that they'll destroy your background documentation if you're not offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • I was told, "I'm the one asking the questions. Please keep quiet until after the initial interview." Despite having airline experience, I knew after that comment, I didn't want the job. I'll remain a loyal customer and let someone else fight over the $10/hr job. It's not worth it.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Two group interviews. Just say you like customers. The first is in the morning at one of the local HR departments. We call this the people department. After Lunch they explain how difficult and demanding the job really is. Many will leave and those left they will pick between eight and ten to interview.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do different as a Southwest Flight Attendant?   View Answer

Internship Interview

Applied to as many internships as were relevant. Got a phone call about 1 month later which led to another phone call and then they flew me to HQ in Dallas for an in person interview.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2014.

Applied online and received a call about a week later for a phone interview and then a week later was invited to Denver for a F2F. It was short probably only 15 minutes or so. There is a manager in the room as well but she didn't ask any questions she was just observing. Then a week later was called back to do fingerprinting and drug testing. Yes its a casual airline but I saw people at the interview who were not looking professional, so dress nice.

Interview Questions
    • What is one policy or procedure at your current job that you disagree with?   Answer Question
    None.

Crew Tracker Interview

The hiring process was not good the job had already been filled when I interviewed for it. The interview was just given to me so that they could cover and say that they interviewed people.

Auditor II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by someone from HR for a 30 minute phone interview which consisted of traditional interview questions. Afterwards I was invited to Southwest's headquarters in Dallas for a group interview with four people (a senior manager and 2 project managers from the department for which I was interviewing and the same HR representative who had interviewed me over the phone). Everyone in the group asked me a few questions ranging from traditional ("Why Southwest?") to behavioral ("Tell me about a time when..."). Everyone was extremely friendly and polite throughout the whole process. About a week after my group interview I received an offer pending my passing a background check and drug test.

Technical Operations Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Had a phone interview. Asked about what my major was, why i chose southwest, what my favorite, hard and easy classes were. Asked me to explain why I enjoyed or found difficulty with those classes. He also asked to describe one of my jobs from my resume.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Received a letter to come for an interview....I had one interview and was hired that day. Went for drug screening and was called for a class date a month later.

Take whatever they offer if you want the job.

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Process started with a phone call from recruiter with invitation the very next day with an panel consisting of the operations supervisor, station manager and the recruiter. Interview went well, the panel were very professional and you can feel the enthusiasm that they had working for Southwest. There were no real difficult or unexpected questions during the interview. After the interview the recruiter informed me that if I received a phone call the position would be offered and if I received an email no offer. I asked the recruiter for interview feedback.