Southwest Airlines

Updated 26 Nov, 2014
Updated 26 Nov, 2014

2.8

Customer Service Agent Interview

3 different interviews.. 1 phone then if you passed that, then a group interview, then 1 on 1.. Then if hired 3 weeks in Dallas for training and don't see family till you come back

no negotiation...you are union and start at bottom and have no life

Internship Interview

Applied to as many internships as were relevant. Got a phone call about 1 month later which led to another phone call and then they flew me to HQ in Dallas for an in person interview.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Two group interviews. Just say you like customers. The first is in the morning at one of the local HR departments. We call this the people department. After Lunch they explain how difficult and demanding the job really is. Many will leave and those left they will pick between eight and ten to interview.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do different as a Southwest Flight Attendant?   View Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2014.

Applied online and received a call about a week later for a phone interview and then a week later was invited to Denver for a F2F. It was short probably only 15 minutes or so. There is a manager in the room as well but she didn't ask any questions she was just observing. Then a week later was called back to do fingerprinting and drug testing. Yes its a casual airline but I saw people at the interview who were not looking professional, so dress nice.

Interview Questions
    • What is one policy or procedure at your current job that you disagree with?   Answer Question
    None.

Crew Tracker Interview

The hiring process was not good the job had already been filled when I interviewed for it. The interview was just given to me so that they could cover and say that they interviewed people.

Auditor II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by someone from HR for a 30 minute phone interview which consisted of traditional interview questions. Afterwards I was invited to Southwest's headquarters in Dallas for a group interview with four people (a senior manager and 2 project managers from the department for which I was interviewing and the same HR representative who had interviewed me over the phone). Everyone in the group asked me a few questions ranging from traditional ("Why Southwest?") to behavioral ("Tell me about a time when..."). Everyone was extremely friendly and polite throughout the whole process. About a week after my group interview I received an offer pending my passing a background check and drug test.

Technical Operations Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Had a phone interview. Asked about what my major was, why i chose southwest, what my favorite, hard and easy classes were. Asked me to explain why I enjoyed or found difficulty with those classes. He also asked to describe one of my jobs from my resume.

Ramp Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

I applied in July 2014 and received an phone call about a week in a half later. I was told the rate of pay and about the medical and dental coverage. I was asked if I was still interested and I told the recruiter about my previous job experiences. I have over 6 years of ramp experience and I previously applied before and was turned down.... This says a lot about this company if they won't hire anyone With previous airline experience. They lied to me and said the would call me back for a f2f interview and my overall experience was bad.

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

After applying online I was sent an email to set up a phone interview. After speaking with a recruiter I was asked to come in for a face to face interview. This whole process took just a few weeks. I was contacted a week after my face to face interview and was told that I was selected to continue on with the application process. It was then that I told them I did not wish to continue because of the low pay.

Interview Questions
    • They gave a scenario of an unhappy customer and asked to pretend she was the customer and how we would respond to them.   Answer Question

Pay was too low and there were too many union dues associated with the job.

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Process started with a phone call from recruiter with invitation the very next day with an panel consisting of the operations supervisor, station manager and the recruiter. Interview went well, the panel were very professional and you can feel the enthusiasm that they had working for Southwest. There were no real difficult or unexpected questions during the interview. After the interview the recruiter informed me that if I received a phone call the position would be offered and if I received an email no offer. I asked the recruiter for interview feedback.