Southwest Airlines

Updated 9 Nov, 2014
Updated 9 Nov, 2014

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The entire process took a little over 3 months. I uploaded my resume, then I heard back from them a month later asking me to write a "Why Southwest" essay. I later had a phone interview, and if you pass that then they will fly you to their headquarters in Dallas.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were typical interview questions. Why are you a good fit for Southwest? What is your biggest weakness? They also asked about my previous internship a lot.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Started with a phone interview, basic questions on my resume and coursework. Then asked some basic HR questions. Then was followed up with another phone interview going into position details. Was called back a month later and invited for a in person interview in Dallas.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in October 2014.

Schedule a time and one week later take a Phone interview with an HR person. Ask many questions about your resume, projects, classes, internship experiences, leadership experience. Questions are not so hard. No behavior questions, only regular interview questions. It is about 20 min. Then wait for the next process, on site interview.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Several phone interviews, then face-to-face interview in Dallas. I had a very positive experience meeting a panel of employees from the market planning department in person. Recruiters were very friendly, both on the phone and in person.

Interview Questions
    • Interesting question about the intersection of Southwest and the arts.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Phone interviews followed by in person interviews in Dallas with recruiter and members of department you will be working in.

Interview Questions
    • Asked for specific examples of hard skills I mentioned   Answer Question

Intern Interview

First Phone Interview, and one on one interview in HDQ, Dallas TX.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

phone Interview: general behavioral questions like why southwest? why this position? why your major? past experience (from your resume)

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Online Application, Phone Interview then Person to Person Interview in Dallas.

Interview Questions
    • Both the phone interview was general behavioral interview questions and then the person to person interview was basically me thoroughly explaining my experiences that I had on my resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Apply online, several months ahead of internship time. Phone interview followed up. Flying to Dallas on-site interview. Great atmosphere. Lovely people. Be prepared to talk about your resume and be yourself for unexpected questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2012.

Submitted online application, submitted updated resume and "Why Southwest" Essay. Phone interview, then you were flown down for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • It was very much a conversation, nothing out of the expected questions. Make sure when they ask your "weakness" you have one that does not infer with the jobs functions.   Answer Question