Southern California Edison

Updated 6 Nov, 2014
Updated 6 Nov, 2014

3.2

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Initial communication from HR to validate experience, followed by a scheduled in person interview with hiring manager. 1hr interview asking standard interview questions. A week later HR called with an offer.

Interview Questions

Offer was less than expected.

Management Disability Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in September 2014.

Consists of initial panel nterview once you pass the initial interview you move on to a performance interview. Both interviews were specific to the position. Not a STAR general format. Great Experience!

Planner Trainee Interview

Very difficult and time consuming. From job post to interview took over 4 months!, still waiting for response. I was very excited to interview but my interview panel was very lethargic, and unprepared to answer my questions. It sort of felt like a joke its held at the Pomona Sheraton motel. Didn't feel like you think a Edison interview should. I'm very let down, and disappointed

Interview Questions
    • In short, Tell us about your problems.   View Answer

Control Systems Administrator Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Southern California Edison.

I met one of the University and Campus Relations Personnel and after some discussion I was able to hand my resume to the person. My resume was then forwarded off to one of their offices where they selected me to interview for Control System Administrator's position. I went through the phone screening process however there were other more qualified candidates and I was not selected for a face to face interview.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

I was contacted by an internal recruiter, who had discovered my resume on one of the employment websites. The interview process took about an hour and I was approached with an offer fairly quickly after that.

The HR person that called me discouraged me from asking for more money so I only asked for $2500 more than the original offer when I really wanted to ask for more. My counter-offer was excepted

Engineer I Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in June 2014.

It took about a month and a half after the initial phone interview to get the final in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of a panel of engineers, (3-4), asking various behavioral questions, like "Give an example of a time that you were wrong in an engineering calculation, and how you went about to correct it", "Give an example of when you had a disagreement with a colleague and what you did to resolve it". After several of these types of questions, there were some position-specific questions to evaluate the interviewee's competency and understanding of the skills and knowledge required. After the interview, it took exactly 1 week to hear back with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you were unable to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Nuclear Security Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

Turned in application, six month wait before I received a phone call for interview. Interview was basically what would you do if? questions. Just remember to always tell your supervisor and follow all company policies and procedures. After interview did a treadmill test for heart stress test. After medical you go to the shooting range to qualify. After the range you get hired over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you made a terrible mistake and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    No negotiations

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

I was told to apply online after career fair in winter, waited 2+ months for a preliminary call, and waited 1 month for call back indicating candidacy. Interview occurred 1 week later with SCE managers on second week of May 2014.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavior questions, followed by technical questions. What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable.

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alhambra, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alhambra, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison in May 2014.

Hiring process took exactly 35 days, from when I applied for the position, all the way to my start date. The background check took one day. Interview process is exactly what other people have advised. It follows a STAR method (Situation, Task, Action, Result), behavioral-based interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very challenging compared to what I am normally used to when it comes to interview questions. However, knowing what others here have advised, I gathered all possible behavioral-based questions on the internet and tailored it to my career experience. Everything I prepared for in advance got asked in the interview, therefore, no surprises (again, depends how determined you are during the preparation process so that you do not encounter any unexpected questions). I do not recall the exact questions but if not most, all of their questions will determine how you approach every situation, what the tasks were, actions you took and the outcome/results.   Answer Question
    Negotiation phase is like any other company.

Project Manager (MPP1) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

I applied online and didn't get a call until about one month later. The recruiter set everything up and I came in for a panel interview. I was asked to tell them about myself and then they asked approximately 8 very long questions from a notebook. They explained that they will be taking notes throughout the entire interview. The questions had about 3 -4 parts to them. They suggested I take notes and then they would keep the notes. This really helped. I was able to answer and look at my notes at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • A question that they asked was "tell me about a time when you were not able to deliver a project on time. Talk about the process you followed, what caused the delay, who was impacted, and how you resolved it."   Answer Question
    I didn't think to negotiate. The offer was very good, but later I learned that I should have asked for $5k more because others in my group negotiated and got better pay.