Southern California Edison Engineer I Interview Questions

Updated 1 Jul, 2014

4.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer I Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison in June 2014.

It took about a month and a half after the initial phone interview to get the final in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of a panel of engineers, (3-4), asking various behavioral questions, like "Give an example of a time that you were wrong in an engineering calculation, and how you went about to correct it", "Give an example of when you had a disagreement with a colleague and what you did to resolve it". After several of these types of questions, there were some position-specific questions to evaluate the interviewee's competency and understanding of the skills and knowledge required. After the interview, it took exactly 1 week to hear back with the offer.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation when you were unable to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Southern California Edison

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rosemead, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Southern California Edison in July 2010.

The panel consisted of the engineering hiring manager and two engineers from the specific department. Asked behavioral question and technical question. How would you do this and that if given a situation. Draw the power system from transmission to distribution with your protective elements!! The detailed the better. Put in some relays to your breakers, know what type of relays.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the elements in a power system?   View Answer

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pomona, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison in May 2010.

It was 1 interview, about an hour long. 4 or 5 Engineering managers present. Dress professionally, most interviewers are in suit/tie. Study HR type questions for interview. Know an example of when you worked on a team, when you had a conflict and how you resolved it, why do you want to work at Edison.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Ana, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Southern California Edison in October 2009.

H.R. contacted me via email asking if I would be available for an interview within the week. Since I had not formally applied to a position, I was a little surprised. It turned out my resume was pulled from recruitment fair. Since this was a fair recruitment, a job description was not provided. Edison interviews you once at a job location, and that is usually it.

The interview consist of two parts, first the STAR interview, and then a technical interview. The technical interview relates to technical information about the job. Edison’s STAR approach is a little different than most, they do not ask you to call upon your previous experience, instead they provide a situation with numerous detail, and ask to solve the problem. In many incidences the interviewers will expand and adlib to the original question, turning the interview into a role-play situation.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Edison?   Answer Question
    • Given situation A, B, C, D and E what would you do to perform all five tasks, and in which order.   Answer Question

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!