Southern California Edison

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pomona, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison in May 2010.

Interview Details It was 1 interview, about an hour long. 4 or 5 Engineering managers present. Dress professionally, most interviewers are in suit/tie. Study HR type questions for interview. Know an example of when you worked on a team, when you had a conflict and how you resolved it, why do you want to work at Edison.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No.

Very Difficult Interview

Engineer I
Rosemead, CA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Southern California Edison in July 2010.

Interview Details The panel consisted of the engineering hiring manager and two engineers from the specific department. Asked behavioral question and technical question. How would you do this and that if given a situation. Draw the power system from transmission to distribution with your protective elements!! The detailed the better. Put in some relays to your breakers, know what type of relays.

Interview Question – What are some of the elements in a power system?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Santa Ana, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Southern California Edison in October 2009.

Interview Details H.R. contacted me via email asking if I would be available for an interview within the week. Since I had not formally applied to a position, I was a little surprised. It turned out my resume was pulled from recruitment fair. Since this was a fair recruitment, a job description was not provided. Edison interviews you once at a job location, and that is usually it.

The interview consist of two parts, first the STAR interview, and then a technical interview. The technical interview relates to technical information about the job. Edison’s STAR approach is a little different than most, they do not ask you to call upon your previous experience, instead they provide a situation with numerous detail, and ask to solve the problem. In many incidences the interviewers will expand and adlib to the original question, turning the interview into a role-play situation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Edison?   Answer Question
  • Given situation A, B, C, D and E what would you do to perform all five tasks, and in which order.   Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at Southern California Edison

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southern California Edison Engineer I interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Southern California Edison employees and interview candidates.