Sogeti Interview Questions

Updated 2 Sep, 2014
Updated 2 Sep, 2014

2.6

Enovia Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sogeti.

Quick response after application through job site however paying entry level salary for 8 year experience professional. HR interviewed and started salary negotiation before technical interview. Sogeti is nothing like earlier consulting company, they are competing with other services company and loosing charm.

Interview Questions
    • Stopped at HR and dragged decision for many weeks   View Answer

Very less salary

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sogeti.

The people that interviewed me are no longer with the company. However, the interview was informal and relaxed. I needed to follow up often to get the first interview. They like people who want to be involved with the company and not just the client.

Interview Questions
    • I was hired for the boot camp, they asked me technical questions which I couldn't answer since I hadn't been trained. They also asked me what my grades were in school, which was over 10 years ago.   View Answer
    I tried to negotiate but boot campers come in at a fixed rate.

Senior Consultant Interview

interviewed by several members of the dallas leadership team. during my interview, they presented a consistent message. it was a very smooth interview process. well communicated regarding expectations for each phase of the interview process

Interview Questions
    • mostly behavioral questions until i reached the technical portion of the interview process   Answer Question
    straightforward

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sogeti.

3 interviews to gauge personality, technical ability and interests. The interviews were spread out over 3 weeks. Call backs were within 24 hours. Final interview was with the geographic vp.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding the advice former employers would give the interviewer about my weaknesses and strengths.   Answer Question
    I negotiated through HR. I think I undershot on the base salary.

Senior Consultant Interview

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Sogeti.

It was a three round process and the whole process took almost 2 months. One technical round and two hr rounds. Technical interview was not that hard. Just be yourself and know what you do.

Consultant Interview

Career Fair, then interview or just referral typically an offer will occur about 3 weeks after the initial process is started. Interview was long about 4 hours with a decent amount of technical questions.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sogeti.

Basically did high level overview for you and wanting to know what you can offer.
    They have an hiring manager that you will first interview with.
    Then you will probably meet up with employees similar to you.

Simple

IT Tech Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sogeti in May 2014.

I met an on-campus recruiter and had a very positive interaction. Over a month later I was contacted to schedule an on-campus interview, which took place some three weeks later. It was short- about 20 minutes and covered my background and entry-level questions about consulting- what is consulting? what is the process like and what does it entail? etc

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when improper requirements discovery resulted in scope creep of a project   Answer Question
    Very easy- they offer the same starting deal to all new hires which is very reasonable.

Manager Consultant Interview

My hiring process came as a referral of another Sogeti employee, so it was short and direct.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle communicating with a C-level project stakeholder in a meeting when tensions become raised?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sogeti in April 2014.

I applied online as a new graduate looking for a full-time positioin around March 26 and got a call from a Corporate Recruiter on April 1. We discussed the role and expectations of a Sogeti Consultant. He was mostly interested in my interests and whether I would like to interview as an Applications Development role or a Testing Services role. After chatting for about 15 minutes, he emailed me a date and time for the next phone interview with a different Recruiter. The very same day he also emailed me a Skills Test where you have to code in C#.

I had the phone interview with a different Recruiter the very next day. He was also interested in my interests and the skills I had for the position. This interview focused more on the candidate where I was asked hypothetical questions pertaining to situations QA/Testing analysts would encounter on a daily basis. There weren't any behavioral questions. After speaking for about 45 minutes, he also explained to me the benefits of the company. I was then asked what day I would be free for an in office interview. I chose to interview a few days later. After the conservation ended, he emailed the details of the in-office interview a day after our phone conversation.

The in-office interview consisted of speaking with HR and the Unit Manager in the Houston office. I spoke with HR for about 30 minutes. She asked me the typical behavior questions:
    1. Tell me about yourself.
    2. What are your strengths?
    3. Explain and give more details on some points on your resume.
    After the questions, she explained the benefits of Sogeti and what the process was for new graduates. This interview was more set as a conversation between the two of us. She didn't ask many questions, but I believe we were expected to ask them questions. We had a nice conversation about our experiences and background so prepare questions that you would like to ask, especially about Sogeti!

She then took me the Unit Manager. He again asked me to "Tell me about yourself" which I gladly did as he did not have the chance to look at my resume yet. He then asked me about my interests and what class I enjoyed the most in school. The only question he asked after that was giving me a scenario of about 5 tables ( Product, Order, Salesperson, etc.) and gave me the question, What product does Tim sell the most?, and asked me how I would figure the SQL statement that would produce the answer. He proposed this question to me after I told him that I was interested in SQL. I believe I sopke to him for about an hour and it was mostly me asking questions to him after he asked those 4 questions which went rather quickly. So again, have intelligent questions prepared!

After about 2 weeks, I was told that the Houston candidate cap had been filled. I was then asked if I was willing to work in other cities which I agreed too. I gave her the cities I was open too and she explained to me that she would pass this information on to the other recruiters and that they will contact me if there is an open position.

I was contacted the next day via phone with a full-time offer from HR. I had a few days to think about it.

Interview Questions
    • The Unit Manager gave a scenario with imaginary tables and asked me how would I go about solving this SQL problem.   Answer Question
    I actually didn't have to negotiate. After I spoke with HR on the phone, he raised my salary slightly when he sent me an email of my offer. I was quite surprised but happy.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!