Social Security Administration

Updated 19 Jul, 2014

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Case Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Social Security Administration in July 2012.

1. Apply through usajobs.gov

2. If you are the best qualified candidate, then they will contact you by e-mail or phone

3. Attend the interview

4. Go through background check and reference check

5. Lastly, hiring decision is made and they will contact you if you are selected for the position.

Interview Questions
  • What is your long-term goal in 10years?   View Answer
  • you have to analyze the cases sometimes, tell me what your experiences relate to this specific function.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Social Security Administration

Senior Case Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Social Security Administration in April 2012.

Applied for the position around the first of March. Didn't hear anything from them until they called to set the interview this week (fourth week of April). Met with the office director and one supervisor. The director asked all the questions. The supervisor took notes. The interview lasted 30 minutes. Was asked approximately 10 questions with most being situational type of questions. The director advised the interviews would be completed this week and depending on how quickly the background checks came back, would make a decision within two weeks. All people interviewing for the position are requried to submit fingerprint cards (I had mine done at the local sheriff's department) and a three page form with background information questions - criminal, service record, etc. They provided a pre-adddressed/pre-paid FedEX mailing envelope to return the completed fingerprint cards and background form.

The questions asked included:

1) Name a goal you attempted but did not achieve;
    2) How would you deal with someone who is upset because benefits are denied;
    3) How you would handle a decision made by your boss or supervisor that you don't agree with;
    4) How do you handle/juggle multiple files when all are high priority;
    5) How do you deal with policies, rules and procedures you don't agree with.

After the questions, the director asked if I had any questions. I asked for a description of the day to day work, the caseload, travel, training and benefits. They made a note of every item I asked about.

Both the office director and supervisor were pleasant and easy to talk with. The office director was hard to read, so I'm not sure what to think as far as my chances of being offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Name a goal you attempted but did not achieve   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with someone who is upset because benefits are denied   Answer Question
    • How you would handle a decision made by your boss or supervisor that you don't agree with   Answer Question
    • How do you handle/juggle multiple files when all are high priority   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with policies, rules and procedures you don't agree with   Answer Question

Senior Case Technician Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Social Security Administration in June 2010.

My interview lasted about an hour. The questions were mainly related to the customer service. However, the first question was: tell me something about yourself. The last question was: why should I hire you?

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall any difficult questions during this interview.   Answer Question