Société Générale

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Middleware Administrative Interview

Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in April 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn, I completely forgot my experiences. I decided to take a look at the job. I agreed to the phone interview which i agreed. The decided to bring me in for a face to face. I fly from Florida to Jersey City. Once I got there and found out that I was black, it was like I should not be there. The most racist interview in my life. I was told that I was not Jewish.

Middle Office Analyst Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Société Générale in March 2010.

Interview Details A highly professional attitude.

Interview Question – Difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negociation was according to the level of seniority implied by the job.

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Société Générale

Interview Details Interview was fairly reasonable. Nothing too bad, generally the expected questions.

Interview Question – Nothing too terrible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't negotiate a summer internship, dummy

Commodities Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in June 2013.

Interview Details Applied via LinkedIn and got an invite to interview over the phone. I was asked several typical behavioral questions, such as: walk me through your resume, tell us how your skills from college coursework can be applied to this position, why do you want to move to NYC, what are your hobbies, and so on. Then the interviewer asked some more finance-specific questions, such as: what are options, tell me about the current trends in the marketplace, why commodities, etc. Most of the interview was very informal and conversational, and I was clicking very well with the interviewer throughout the discussion. At the end, some other woman chimes in to say thanks for the call, so they sneakily had me on speaker phone, and it was ultimately the woman who only spoke to say "bye" that gave me the rejection email.

Interview Question – What are options?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in February 2014.

Interview Details Behavioral questions and easy technical questions, not very hard. But final did not get the offer.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in July 2013.

Interview Details 1 technical, 1 managerial , 1 HR that's it. Went to company early in the morning before my time of slot and got my slot early. Went through one technical one Managerial and one HR round. They said they will release the offer letter same but they didn't. they take hell lot of time.

Interview Question – All common questions. Nothing new or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for good pay. They will give you as per your expectation.

Compliance Intern Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in January 2014.

Interview Details Received an email from a recruiter who asked me to interview at the office. I sat down with two directors for about 30mins (the office floor looks great by the way). It was a pretty easy-going interview and I was asked very standard questions. I was told the specifics of the position and its day-to-day operations.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview Details Online procedure plus numerical test

Interview Question – Situations about your personal experiences   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in October 2013.

Interview Details Short telephone interview based on the values of the company and asked for examples to show that I was a good fit. The interviewer was very friendly and emailed afterwards to answer a question I had asked during the interview. Overall not that much preparation is needed and I think I didn't show enough motivation and the interviewer was aware that I had applied to a different division.

Interview Question – What do you want to do in the long term? As I had not applied for this position I wasn't sure what I wanted to do in the long term.   Answer Question

Head of Marketing Interview

Paris (France)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Société Générale in February 2013.

Interview Details Most of the interviews are focused on behavioral questions: list instances when you had to do xyz, or can you list examples that proves your qualification in area xyz. There is virtually no problem solving during the interviewing process

Interview Question – Compared to the consulting type of interviews, there are no difficult questions during the process. Really.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fairly efficient but it was driven by senior people.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Société Générale

Worked for Société Générale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Société Générale interview questions and advice. All 118 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Société Générale employees and interview candidates.