Société Générale Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2014
126 interviews

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Société Générale in August 2013.

Got a call through a consultant Triple'A Plus product in SG. I had 2 Face to Face technical rounds in Bangalore, 1 from Geneva (for Triple'A Plus product) and one HR round. The questions were specifically from Triple'A Plus as I worked for more than 2 yrs in that Product. The senior interviewer didn't know that much about the product where as being from the Triple'A Plus R&D team, I knew more than them. I got selected..

Interview Questions
    • To customize Triple'A Plus, we used to use Design Studio (a licensed version from Temenos & SG was not buying the license) hence I was asked manual customization process.   Answer Question

Not much technical work that I was expecting from them.

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Société Générale in July 2012.

communication is a must, interview process is simple. if the person meets the budget limit, offers get releases immediately. intial scrutinizing will be done by telephonic interview, then f2f , then manager or one more technical interview and then hr round

i asked 30%, got more than i expected.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in March 2012.

College Interview
    Written Test and GD round-Just need to speak,that's enough
    Basic Aptitude -No technical Depends on the interviewer
    HR -Why SG basic questions just had to convince him that being from bombay I wont leave within a year

Interview Questions
    • Just depends on weather you are interviewed by a Manager or a Developer Should have some Business knowledge   Answer Question

Credit Research Analyst () Interview

I applied for few internship roles, was not successfull but CV was stored and HR called me back 3 months later to offer me another role, closer to my previous work experiences and skills set. Took a writing test with 10 questions on calculating basic ratios and metrics (FCF, EBITDA, etc). Then met with two senior analysts via videoconference (was in Paris, job based in London). 10 days later, got a job offer

Interview Questions
    • give a brief financial analysis of this specific company/sector   Answer Question
    no room for negotiation

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Société Générale.

Back to back 3 interviews
    - First for business knowledge 1/2 an hour
    - Second technical interview 1 hour
    - Third with the manager mostly behavioral interview, questions about handling pressure, communication with the clients, troubleshooting techniques.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, straight forward questions regarding .NET framework development.   Answer Question
    If they need you they will hire you

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in July 2013.

The interview was a quick session from morning to noon one day. There were 3 rounds in all, 2 with the hiring management and 1 with the HR. Not very tough or inquisitive interview as such. Most of the interviewing managers/staff tend to be developers turned into managers.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult as most of the questions were basic and standard.   View Answer
    They offered a decent hike in the initial offer. I countered with my counter offer. 1 day later, they accepted my counter-offer. HR wasn't very strong in negotiating.

Financial Engineer Pricing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Société Générale in May 2014.

Applied via campus recruiting system, got Interviewed 5 times, and 1 on-site interview at SG's trading floor. All technical questions on options, exotics, hybrids, some vba programmings, probability brain teaser, interest rate models, correlation related questions, stochastic models...

Interview Questions
    • All are difficult. But if well prepared, it won't be too crazy.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Société Générale in April 2013.

Got interview from college alumnus referral. First one phone about 30 mins. Then two onsite interviews. The first one was pure technical which lasted 2 hours. The last on side interview was only about half an hour meeting only one person. A lot of VBA and options questions.

non negotiable

Middleware Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Jersey City, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in April 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn, I completely forgot my experiences. I decided to take a look at the job. I agreed to the phone interview which i agreed. The decided to bring me in for a face to face. I fly from Florida to Jersey City. Once I got there and found out that I was black, it was like I should not be there. The most racist interview in my life. I was told that I was not Jewish.

Middle Office Analyst Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Société Générale in March 2010.

A highly professional attitude.

Interview Questions
    Negociation was according to the level of seniority implied by the job.

Worked for Société Générale? Contribute to the Community!