Société Générale

Updated 1 Mar, 2015
Updated 1 Mar, 2015

2.9

Market Risk Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Société Générale.

I applied online via SocGen website and got a phone call after 3 weeks where we scheduled phone interview 1 week later. The interview was with the team leader and apart from my profile the questions were rather technical. I was supposed to get feedback in couple of days, this was postponed twice though (I think they were waiting was someone better despite claiming it is an urgent hire). After the decision, they did not give any feedback. The interview was carried in both English and French (although the position did not require any French and it is not my native language either).

Interview Questions
    • Q: What is the formula for equity forward?
      Q: What are parameters of Black-Scholes formula?
      Q: What are the ways to calculate volatility? Describe in detail.
      Q: VBA: What is Option explicit? What is collection?

Answer Question

Structured Products and Derivatives Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Société Générale.

I applied via email and got an invitation for a personal interview the next morning for a few days later. The interview lasted about 1.5 hours and three people interviewed me. They were all very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • How does a Twin win look like? How do you replicate the payoff of a Barrier Wof RC? What are the pros/ cons of a barrier wof rc.   Answer Question

Process Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale.

Aptitude was hardcore Tech and general aptitude followed by GD.
    Tech topics like c, oops, data structures, operating systems and others.
    Aptitude round will be same for MBA and BE,Btec. Be prepared with your engineering subjects and your projects

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer asked detail about the project, few logical question and general knowledge questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in February 2015.

It was 30 mins first round. The nature of the round was behavioral and resume based. 20 mins interviewer interviewed n later told about the company. Later after the first round one round was telephonic round. Second round came after 3 weeks after the first round but the round is easy to crack.

Interview Questions
    • General Behavioral questions like tell about yourself past experience   View Answer
    no negotiation

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale.

Position was for .net project
    2 technical round
    As the project for which they were hiring was windows projects so most of the questions were on C# concepts like primitive data types, delegates events, garabage collection, value type ref type...some problem solving programming questions like fibonacci series etc.
    Some basic questions on DB ...queries, sp, function etc

i didn't negotiate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Société Générale.

Two rounds of technical interviews followed by one managerial.It took whole day to complete all 3 interview,
    after that HR asked for my document and other details over mail.With constant follow up with the HR and recruiter
    on 6th Jan 2015 the told that they do not have any position to map my profile.

Junior Trader Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Société Générale.

The interview process was rather unexpected since I had an appointment with the desk manager, but had three interviews in a row with 4 different people from this desk. So that even if it was quite unexpected, was rather efficient. The only remaining interview that I could not do on this day was the psychological test. The desk manager was nice but seemed a little overwhelmed. The interviews with the traders were precise and quite complete with technical questions as well as questions about me. Since the work hours are very long, they emphasize the fact that thepeople at the desk should get on well with each other.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers, who was not the one I had an appointement with, asked me at the end of the interview what his name was.   Answer Question

Legal Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Société Générale.

I was selected to interview after submitting my resume through a school-sponsored database. I attended their super day over the phone because I couldn't fly out at the time (Snowpocalypse '14). I only had two interviews that lasted about 20 minutes each. The first was more of a judge of fit (why do I want to work here, what do I think I'd be doing for them, etc.) and the second picked at my qualifications to be a good legal intern (how do I think I'm qualified for this position). They got back to me in about a week with their decision.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you're qualified for the job?   View Answer
    No negotiation involved

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in October 2014.

HR people did not look me in the eyes nor read my resume prior to the interview.
    made me wait 4hour for next interview for nothing as the person from the next interview told me she just receive a negative feedback from HR

Interview Questions
    • Not a question but a logic test similar to those found in IQ tests   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale in September 2014.

Two rounds of technical interviews followed by one managerial and one hr rounds. They generally conduct interviews as drives so, expect a lot of candidates to be present with similar skill set as yours.

Interview Questions
    • sql join questions for a front end developer position   View Answer