Société Générale

Updated 28 Jan, 2015
Updated 28 Jan, 2015

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale.

Position was for .net project
    2 technical round
    As the project for which they were hiring was windows projects so most of the questions were on C# concepts like primitive data types, delegates events, garabage collection, value type ref type...some problem solving programming questions like fibonacci series etc.
    Some basic questions on DB ...queries, sp, function etc

i didn't negotiate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Société Générale.

Two rounds of technical interviews followed by one managerial.It took whole day to complete all 3 interview,
    after that HR asked for my document and other details over mail.With constant follow up with the HR and recruiter
    on 6th Jan 2015 the told that they do not have any position to map my profile.

Junior Trader Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Société Générale.

The interview process was rather unexpected since I had an appointment with the desk manager, but had three interviews in a row with 4 different people from this desk. So that even if it was quite unexpected, was rather efficient. The only remaining interview that I could not do on this day was the psychological test. The desk manager was nice but seemed a little overwhelmed. The interviews with the traders were precise and quite complete with technical questions as well as questions about me. Since the work hours are very long, they emphasize the fact that thepeople at the desk should get on well with each other.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers, who was not the one I had an appointement with, asked me at the end of the interview what his name was.   Answer Question

Legal Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Société Générale.

I was selected to interview after submitting my resume through a school-sponsored database. I attended their super day over the phone because I couldn't fly out at the time (Snowpocalypse '14). I only had two interviews that lasted about 20 minutes each. The first was more of a judge of fit (why do I want to work here, what do I think I'd be doing for them, etc.) and the second picked at my qualifications to be a good legal intern (how do I think I'm qualified for this position). They got back to me in about a week with their decision.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you're qualified for the job?   View Answer
    No negotiation involved

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in October 2014.

HR people did not look me in the eyes nor read my resume prior to the interview.
    made me wait 4hour for next interview for nothing as the person from the next interview told me she just receive a negative feedback from HR

Interview Questions
    • Not a question but a logic test similar to those found in IQ tests   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale in September 2014.

Two rounds of technical interviews followed by one managerial and one hr rounds. They generally conduct interviews as drives so, expect a lot of candidates to be present with similar skill set as yours.

Interview Questions
    • sql join questions for a front end developer position   View Answer

Vice President - Sourcing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Société Générale in September 2014.

At all levels SG is an unprofessional company. The recruiter was most reprehensible, demonstrating pure contempt towards organization and potential candidates. Each American Sourcing and HR Manager that I met expressed blatant disdain for the French parent arm. I received verbal and email confirmation that the package offer would be delivered within xx hours/days. All of this was than retracted and next the recruiter became abusive when I requested clarification. This is a sorry excuse for a business - I have never met such a collective group of miserable people.

Graduate Trainee, Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Société Générale in August 2014.

Originally applied as legal trainee for corporate & investment banking and I was turned down but a recruiter called me a month later in relation to a different trainee position that they felt better suited my skills and experience. The phone call was just a general chat about the position and then they emailed me the specification, I replied detailing my interest and an interview date was set. The interviewer was very pleasant, one of the lawyers that the successful applicant would be working under. Note, HR people did not interview me so I suspect they are just looking for someone that is keen and that they could work well with. The interviewer didn't ask any trick questions and most of the time was spent explaining the role and how the role plays within SocGen as a whole. Further, the interviewer emphasised that people normally only stay within this role for a year - it is to be viewed as an experience/stepping stone and realistically not as the start of a continued career within SG.

Credit Research Analyst () Interview

I applied for few internship roles, was not successfull but CV was stored and HR called me back 3 months later to offer me another role, closer to my previous work experiences and skills set. Took a writing test with 10 questions on calculating basic ratios and metrics (FCF, EBITDA, etc). Then met with two senior analysts via videoconference (was in Paris, job based in London). 10 days later, got a job offer

Interview Questions
    • give a brief financial analysis of this specific company/sector   Answer Question
    no room for negotiation

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale.

Back to back 3 interviews
    - First for business knowledge 1/2 an hour
    - Second technical interview 1 hour
    - Third with the manager mostly behavioral interview, questions about handling pressure, communication with the clients, troubleshooting techniques.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, straight forward questions regarding .NET framework development.   Answer Question
    If they need you they will hire you