Société Générale

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.9

Product Control Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in March 2014.

Contacted by the recruiter, and went thru 3 round interviews. But the position at the final round seemed different from what I was told at the beginning. Mainly technical VBA questions, plus some basic questions about the financial market and derivatives. The final round is mostly behavioral, like what is your interest, what is your favorite position if you can choose.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult in the technical part, but as a foreigner, the behavioral questions are all difficult for me.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee, Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Société Générale in August 2014.

Originally applied as legal trainee for corporate & investment banking and I was turned down but a recruiter called me a month later in relation to a different trainee position that they felt better suited my skills and experience. The phone call was just a general chat about the position and then they emailed me the specification, I replied detailing my interest and an interview date was set. The interviewer was very pleasant, one of the lawyers that the successful applicant would be working under. Note, HR people did not interview me so I suspect they are just looking for someone that is keen and that they could work well with. The interviewer didn't ask any trick questions and most of the time was spent explaining the role and how the role plays within SocGen as a whole. Further, the interviewer emphasised that people normally only stay within this role for a year - it is to be viewed as an experience/stepping stone and realistically not as the start of a continued career within SG.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Société Générale in September 2013.

Phone interview after online application. Met the team in one day, back to back interviews at the company's office. Mostly fit questions, technicals only from one team member, but all in kind spirit.

Fixed term contract.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Société Générale in August 2013.

Got a call through a consultant Triple'A Plus product in SG. I had 2 Face to Face technical rounds in Bangalore, 1 from Geneva (for Triple'A Plus product) and one HR round. The questions were specifically from Triple'A Plus as I worked for more than 2 yrs in that Product. The senior interviewer didn't know that much about the product where as being from the Triple'A Plus R&D team, I knew more than them. I got selected..

Interview Questions
    • To customize Triple'A Plus, we used to use Design Studio (a licensed version from Temenos & SG was not buying the license) hence I was asked manual customization process.   Answer Question

Not much technical work that I was expecting from them.

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Société Générale in July 2012.

communication is a must, interview process is simple. if the person meets the budget limit, offers get releases immediately. intial scrutinizing will be done by telephonic interview, then f2f , then manager or one more technical interview and then hr round

i asked 30%, got more than i expected.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in March 2012.

College Interview
    Written Test and GD round-Just need to speak,that's enough
    Basic Aptitude -No technical Depends on the interviewer
    HR -Why SG basic questions just had to convince him that being from bombay I wont leave within a year

Interview Questions
    • Just depends on weather you are interviewed by a Manager or a Developer Should have some Business knowledge   Answer Question

Credit Research Analyst () Interview

I applied for few internship roles, was not successfull but CV was stored and HR called me back 3 months later to offer me another role, closer to my previous work experiences and skills set. Took a writing test with 10 questions on calculating basic ratios and metrics (FCF, EBITDA, etc). Then met with two senior analysts via videoconference (was in Paris, job based in London). 10 days later, got a job offer

Interview Questions
    • give a brief financial analysis of this specific company/sector   Answer Question
    no room for negotiation

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in July 2013.

The interview was a quick session from morning to noon one day. There were 3 rounds in all, 2 with the hiring management and 1 with the HR. Not very tough or inquisitive interview as such. Most of the interviewing managers/staff tend to be developers turned into managers.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult as most of the questions were basic and standard.   View Answer
    They offered a decent hike in the initial offer. I countered with my counter offer. 1 day later, they accepted my counter-offer. HR wasn't very strong in negotiating.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Société Générale.

Back to back 3 interviews
    - First for business knowledge 1/2 an hour
    - Second technical interview 1 hour
    - Third with the manager mostly behavioral interview, questions about handling pressure, communication with the clients, troubleshooting techniques.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, straight forward questions regarding .NET framework development.   Answer Question
    If they need you they will hire you

Financial Engineer Pricing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Société Générale in May 2014.

Applied via campus recruiting system, got Interviewed 5 times, and 1 on-site interview at SG's trading floor. All technical questions on options, exotics, hybrids, some vba programmings, probability brain teaser, interest rate models, correlation related questions, stochastic models...

Interview Questions
    • All are difficult. But if well prepared, it won't be too crazy.   Answer Question

Worked for Société Générale? Contribute to the Community!