Shoppers Drug Mart Interview Questions

Updated 21 Oct, 2014
Updated 21 Oct, 2014

2.4

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

applied online and called me just two day after to have an interview for next week. During the interview, filled out an infomation form first and got interviewed by two people. Nothing unique, "why shoppers?" " what is your motivation?""how do you think of customer service?" "weakness and strengths" etc. And they also ask me when can i start and what is my preferred time.

COSMETICS Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Very little professional questions. More of when can you start and I like you, lets put you on the schedule. It was a 15 minute chat and the next day I was called with the date I was to start. The Manager was young and not versed on questions or answering skills.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Easy as could be. 15 minute chat and your hired.   View Answer
    We want you to start Tuesday.

Front Store Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

The Interview:
    Stage 1: Meeting with the previous FSP
    ( waiting period of 2 months )
    Stage 2: After waiting 2 months, finally heard back from them via email, asking me to come back in for a secondary interview, which I had agreed.
    ( waiting period AGAIN 2 weeks )
    Stage 3: After another long wait got an email again, asking me to come in for the 3rd interview
    I went to my 3rd interview, oh wait the owner wasn't available to make it so, I can to re-schuele for the following morning, so I can came back the next day and the owner couldn't give me any proper attention, NEVER made eye contact not once with me.
    ( IT'S TYPICALLY LIKE THE OWNER NEVER CARRIED )
    Stage 5: Awaited to hear back, so I sent a Thank you letter to the employer, and the Store manager said that she told me the day after that I never got the job!!!! That they gave it to someone else inside the company. But they wanted to offer a floaters job of working all departments, ha ha NO!!

Seriously A WHOLE WAITING TIME OF ALMOST 3 MONTHS TO HEAR YOU GAVE IT TO SOMEONE ELSE, TOTAL WASTE OF MY TIME... I was looking forward to hearing from them and getting into what I believed was a good company, but dealing with employees over email and discussing a career with the company isn't how to properly conduct business.
    Was very much let down, Shoppers Drug Mart ( Oakville )

Cosmetician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Quick chat. Not a formal interview. They do most of the talking about salary and duties. Very few questions really asked other than why do you want to work here, what is your availability.

Interview Questions
    Pay is less than expected. I said what I wanted and they came back $2.00 less with no wiggle room.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in August 2014.

I applied online. 2 weeks later they called me for a job interview. It was easy. The environment is so friendly. I prepared for the interview, took my resume, and reference letter, dressed professional.

Cashier/Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in August 2014.

Basically to drop off resume in person would be get an interview soon than online apply for , then the interview questions are difficulty !!! My hiring manager asked me about 6 questions when I was in interviewed !!
    To be honest , I felt no confidence at the moment when I saw over 200 resumes in front of my hiring manger , but I still tried my best to show how my passion to this job position

Interview Questions
    • Cause I was lacking of local work experiences before I work shoppers , but I told my manager I am really interred to work here ... After 2 days , I got hired :)   Answer Question

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in July 2014.

Got and email reply to
    meet for an interview. Took about a week process . Met the manager and talked about what I know about shoppers system"healthwatch", what was learned in the internship

Interview Questions
    Manager asked if I am working anywhere else . My current Rate salary expectation. If I want Full time or part-time work and IF There is ang work restrictions (time of shift)

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

I applied online and got a phone call from their HR department a few hours later. The next morning I had a phone interview. I was told that I would know if I am short listed the next day and if I am successful I will be called for an in person interview by the end of the week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work as a pharmacy assistant?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Bay, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Bay, ON

I applied in-person – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Replied to Ad for a cashier on local Job Bank, brought my resume in personally and got a call the next day for an interview. Went into the interview with Manager. Found the manager condescending. The questions were mostly behavioural and common sense and she wrote down my answers. I didn't get a call back.

P/T Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kamloops, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kamloops, BC

I applied in-person – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Very simple interview, basically hired on the spot. Just wanted to know what hours I could work, and what I expected for a wage, and how soon I could start.

none