Sherwin-Williams

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Training MTP Interview

Manager Training MTP
Fort Myers, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2014.

Interview Details A good friend of mine that works for Sherwin had referred me to this position as I had just graduated with my Bachelors. (A requirement for this position) After applying online, it took over a month and a half for them to respond to me. It was near impossible to follow up on the application as it is all handled through their office in Atlanta. I reached out to their district office in order to find out how to do so and was eventually given a phone number for a hiring director. I called and got no response so I left a message. I was eventually notified that I was scheduled for a phone interview. I had felt the majority of it went quite well and was sure that I would be offered the opportunity for the in-person interview with the District Manager. After another week of waiting, I was notified via e-mail with a stock message saying that they had decided to pick another candidate that was more qualified.

Interview Question – Name a time where you weighed the pros and cons of a situation and then decided NOT to take action.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through another source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details If you are looking for an assistant manager position within SW, this is a great place to start if you are just out of college. Typically there are about three interviews, the first starts with a recruiter, the second with the district manager, and the third is usually a store visit or another with the district manager.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself going within this company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They give you a set offer plus bonus.

College Intern Interview

College Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2014.

Interview Details Three-part interview process which began with a telephone interview, then moved on to a store visit, and finally an interview with the district manager. The initial recruiter who gave you the phone interview stayed with you during the whole process and helped with any questions and always followed up to help schedule the next step. Everyone was very friendly, very obviously loved the company, and it was a great experience. The questions were pretty typical and included things like, "where do you see yourself in _ years?" or "describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer," "why do you want to work for Sherwin-Williams?" etc. The recruiter was the only one who had actually really looked at your resume and would ask questions over that, the store visit was more for you to ask questions and see if you wanted to work there, and the district manager asked a lot of the same questions as the telephone interview, but it was just more serious and in a professional setting.

Interview Questions

• Give a specific example of when you had to deal with a customer in a difficult situation.   Answer Question
  • Give an example of times where you have been a leader and talk about your leadership style   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, salary was set already.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Management Training Program (MTP)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2014.

Interview Question – The questions were normal questions. There was some situational questions on the last interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, negotiation.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Management Training Program (MTP)

I applied online - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview is pretty straight forward 20 minutes of situational questions about past leadership, customer service, etc. Be quick on responses and just tell the truth, if you don't fully answer the question and ramble, the interviewer will question your response

Interview Question – Explain a time you brought an idea to a group of people the pros and cons of the idea and how people reacted to it and how you convinced the group go with your idea   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in December 2013.

Interview Details Easy as long as you prepare well

Interview Question – What can you contribute more to the company that you are not doing right now.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Part Time Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2014.

Interview Details The managers are highly professional and respectful. I walked in looking for employment and walked out two hours later employed. I felt welcomed the moment I walked in. I did not get ugly looks when I told them I was here for a job. I was asked if i wanted to interview that same day or come back another day. If this is offered to you I recommend interviewing right then and there. I believe this shows confidence and that goes a long way.

Interview Question – The question I felt was difficult to answer was why do you want to work for Sherwin Williams since i have never had any contact with this company before.   Answer Question

Intern, MTP Interview

Intern, MTP
Saratoga Springs, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details Received an e-mail through my college's career development center of an HR rep from SW coming to hire for internships at school. Sent in a resume and cover letter and went in for a face-to-face interview. Was notified by HR within a week that I got it. Next step was to visit my training store in Saratoga Springs and ask the managers questions. After that, I had to meet with the district manager for placement.

Interview Question – Just asked very basic questions to see how interested and dedicated you'd be to get involved with their internship. Asked about grades, schooling, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i didn't negotiate anything, I just wanted an internship for some business experience.

Very Easy Interview

Store Intern Interview

Store Intern
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2013.

Interview Details Meet some employees at a Career Fair, Applied Online, Phone Interview, One on One interview.

Process between Career Fair and One on One interview is about One month. Might be less for some people.

Offered me the job on the spot.

Interview was very easy. Basic interview questions, no curve balls.

Interview Question – No hard questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details I randomly walked into the store , asked if they were hiring and applied . I spoke directly to the store manager every time .Relaxed envoirment but still very professional . Had my interview with the store manager, the next day interview i also interview with district manager. Most stores have a small staff so be prepared to work mornings and weekend. Customer service is important for this position so try to highlight your skill in this area.

Interview Question – Behavioral question : Tell me about a time where you had a angry customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – He me ask how much I want t