Sherwin-Williams

252 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details Filled out an application. Had an in-person interview.

College Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2014.

Interview Details Sent in application, received a phone interview invite. Phone interview was about 45 minutes. Phone interview is an initial screening and within 1-2 weeks will either deny you or invite you to an in-store interview with a training manager. Finally, you meet with the district manager and a decision is given.

Interview Question – How do you incorporate safety into your every day life?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2012.

Interview Details Was recommended to apply by a friend. Contacted by HR within a few weeks of applying for an over the phone interview. Invited in a week after the phone interview for a two day interview process with a variety of team members. Was asked to take accept the position a few days later. All interviewers were friendly and willing to answer any questions.

Interview Question – Did not find any questions to be especially difficult. You will do well if you are prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Already had travel plans prior to accepting the internship and was granted the time off.

Management Training Program (MTP)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details I was initially contacted by a recruiter via email through my college campus. I responded for further information and was scheduled for a phone interview. Once the phone interview was completed I was then scheduled for a Store Visit at a local store. During your store visit you are being evaluated by the store manager, but you are there to ask questions to see if the job is something you'd be interested in and to see what store life is like. After this process was completed I contacted my recruiter to let him know how the process went and was then scheduled for a final interview with the District Manager (DM). The DM asked general interview questions and contacted me the same day to let me know I had the job offer. The entire hiring process was very quick and only took about 4 weeks total.

Interview Question – Most of the interview questions were very standard and expected. "Explain a time when you dealt with a difficult customer."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was a non-negotiable over of $39,000 made.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Sherwin-Williams

Interview Details I had a wonderful interviewing experience. I went into the Corporate Headquarters and everyone was very professional, but also laid back. I was asked all behavioral questions and I had a feeling that they wanted to really get to know me more as a person than about my skill set. I did not attempt to negotiate my pay.

Interview Question – Nothing too out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Management Training Program (MTP)

I applied online - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in January 2014.

Interview Details I apply for the job in the beginning of January and was emailed for a phone interview invited. I was schedule for a phone interview a week later. Ask a lot about leadership and management roles and situational events. The interview went very well and I was asked to do a store visit next week.

Interview Question – Tell me about a leadership role that you provided to your employees.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in October 2013.

Interview Details I did my intital talk to a recruiter at a job fair and was then invited to a store visit where a reversal interview was conducted. I got to ask the assistant manager and manger about their roles, time, and responsibilities in the store. Shortly after the store visit I went for final interview and was formally offered a position. The whole process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Question – Most questions where on leadership   View Answer

Office Coordinator Interview

Portland, OR (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details This was the most thorough interview process i've experienced, in a good way. they conducted an initial get-to-know-you meeting with one of the 4 managers. I was brought back for another round that included competencies, then I made the final two and met with the district manager. Very thorough.

Interview Question – There were a few that were good.   Answer Question

Manager Training MTP Interview

Manager Training MTP

Interviewed at Sherwin-Williams

Interview Details Went through my career website and submitter my resume to my career coach. He passed on my resume and then I received an email detailing my interview date and time.
I got thru to the 2nd step of the process and went in for a store visit about 2 weeks later. After the store visit I interviewed with the city and diatrict manager and they offered me the position that same day.

Interview Question – Basic questions about past job experiences and scenarios.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Chicopee, MA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in January 2009.

Interview Details Simple in store application, took about a week to contact me, had one interview but I have never seen more than three, process from application till working in store was roughly a week and a half, they like to build up an employees knowledge so lack of experience isn't always a bad thing as long as you are willing to learn.

Interview Question – Learning about paint is a slow and detailed process so there was a lot of difficult and unexpected question but they have test you take to keep you well informed (simple 4-6 question test that are copied out of a simple 3-5 page bullet point study guide.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As a 18 year kid I didn't have much negotiation but once you become a asset they will work with you on salary, as for hours and days off it depends on your particular store, but it's 3-5 employees per store so it felt like a family.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sherwin-Williams