Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Summer Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2014.

Applied online- Received an E-mail for a phone interview in about one week time in which i was given different time slots based on my availability to choose from. The Interview went smoothly lasted for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mainly behavioral based i.e. In a given situation who did you handled the problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2014.

Applied through University website. Was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. I was then invited to do an in-store visit where I had to ask questions that were given to me to answer. After that you contact the recruiter to go over the visit and go onto the next step. Recruiter sets up interview with the District Manager who has the final say if you are hired

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a sale you were proud of   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

phone interview that is one hour with recruiter
    than one hour interview in person at heaf office

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had a difficult customer and how you turned the situation ino a psitive outcome   Answer Question
    there was no negotiatin for the entry level

Anonymous Employee  in  Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

You Apply online, schedule a phone interview, followed by a visit to local near store to meat store manager and see operations inside the store to get an idea and then meet for a third interview with regional director.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult, usual questions set which you can find online and behavioral questions (tell me about a time...) One hint: They want people who will stay long-term, so if they feel for one second that you are not intending to stay with them for many years to come then they will eliminate you as a candidate.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2013.

I applied during campus recruitment. The interview was very standard, straight to the point, and informal.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you've had a bad experience with a customer. How did you react and managed the situation?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Phone interview, followed by a store visit.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, mostly behavioral type questions   Answer Question

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Start with phone interview, then store visit. Lastly meet with district manager. Pretty informal interview with the district manager, asked to bring in resume. Will start discussion with general questions about your resume then will start with usual interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • How did you turn a negative customer experience into a positive? What was one of the biggest mistakes that you've made? Why do you want to work for Sherwin?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Pretty straight forward interview. From the beginning it seemed the interviewer didn't like me and had the feeling that I wouldn't get an offer. He seemed disinterested and asked some off the wall questions.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

I was contacted by a recruiter about their Management Trainee Program. First interview was with an HR rep where I was asked the basic first interview questions. Second step was an in-store visit to two stores in my area where they provided me a list of questions to ask both the Manager and the Assistant Manager to get a feel for what they do. Third step was an interview in person with the District Manager. There were questions asking what I thought I could bring to the company, how I have handled a difficult situation with the "co-worker" of some sort, and what are your future goals.

Great company, awesome pay and the best people co-workers but be ready to pick up your life to move where they want you. Also you will most likely work every weekend as an Assistant Manager.

Interview Questions
    • I had done a lot of research on interviewing so there was no question that was particularly difficult.   Answer Question
    There wasn't one.

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

The interview processes that I have been involved in have been fairly casual and straight forward. It always looks good to dress professionally. You will usually do one o two interviews, one with the store manager, and if they consider you, one with the DM. It also looks good if you show interest in continuing your career with Sherwin-Williams, or if you are a woman or a minority. Because SW is mostly white males, they are eager to hire women and minorities who are interested in the field.

Interview Questions
    • What are your biggest strengths/ weaknesses in regards to working in the store?   Answer Question

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!