Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr, 2015

2.6

Sales and Business Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Toronto, ON) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with the HR department, store managers, district managers and finally the city manager all of whom spend about an hour getting to know you and your background. Even though they are interested in what you have to offer, they want to see that you want to grow within the company for a longer period of time since the turnover is high.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sales profession do you want to get in to in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Mississauga, ON) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through University website. Was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. I was then invited to do an in-store visit where I had to ask questions that were given to me to answer. After that you contact the recruiter to go over the visit and go onto the next step. Recruiter sets up interview with the District Manager who has the final say if you are hired

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a sale you were proud of   Answer Question

Summer Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Toronto, ON) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online- Received an E-mail for a phone interview in about one week time in which i was given different time slots based on my availability to choose from. The Interview went smoothly lasted for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly behavioral based i.e. In a given situation who did you handled the problem   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

phone interview that is one hour with recruiter
    than one hour interview in person at heaf office

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had a difficult customer and how you turned the situation ino a psitive outcome   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiatin for the entry level

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Calgary, AB).

Interview

You Apply online, schedule a phone interview, followed by a visit to local near store to meat store manager and see operations inside the store to get an idea and then meet for a third interview with regional director.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult, usual questions set which you can find online and behavioral questions (tell me about a time...) One hint: They want people who will stay long-term, so if they feel for one second that you are not intending to stay with them for many years to come then they will eliminate you as a candidate.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by a store visit.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, mostly behavioral type questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Edmonton, AB) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied during campus recruitment. The interview was very standard, straight to the point, and informal.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you've had a bad experience with a customer. How did you react and managed the situation?   Answer Question

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Start with phone interview, then store visit. Lastly meet with district manager. Pretty informal interview with the district manager, asked to bring in resume. Will start discussion with general questions about your resume then will start with usual interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you turn a negative customer experience into a positive? What was one of the biggest mistakes that you've made? Why do you want to work for Sherwin?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Sales Associate/Color Mixer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

The interview process was a breeze when I actually had one the very first time back in 2007. I can't remember what exactly the store manager asked me but it was simple and got the job. The only thing you can really do is just be confident and relax and answer each interview question as truthfully as you can. Don't go in there nervous because then you might not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Can't Recall the questions, but don't in there being nervous just be relaxed and confident.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

I met with some Sherwin-Williams reps at a career fair at my university. I left a good impression and was contacted two weeks later to arrange a Skype Interview. A week and a half later was an interview with two managers at the district office followed by a brief exchange with the district manager, who offered me a position on the spot.