Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

2.6

Summer Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2014.

Applied online- Received an E-mail for a phone interview in about one week time in which i was given different time slots based on my availability to choose from. The Interview went smoothly lasted for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mainly behavioral based i.e. In a given situation who did you handled the problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2014.

Applied through University website. Was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. I was then invited to do an in-store visit where I had to ask questions that were given to me to answer. After that you contact the recruiter to go over the visit and go onto the next step. Recruiter sets up interview with the District Manager who has the final say if you are hired

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a sale you were proud of   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

phone interview that is one hour with recruiter
    than one hour interview in person at heaf office

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had a difficult customer and how you turned the situation ino a psitive outcome   Answer Question
    there was no negotiatin for the entry level

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

You Apply online, schedule a phone interview, followed by a visit to local near store to meat store manager and see operations inside the store to get an idea and then meet for a third interview with regional director.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult, usual questions set which you can find online and behavioral questions (tell me about a time...) One hint: They want people who will stay long-term, so if they feel for one second that you are not intending to stay with them for many years to come then they will eliminate you as a candidate.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2013.

I applied during campus recruitment. The interview was very standard, straight to the point, and informal.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you've had a bad experience with a customer. How did you react and managed the situation?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Phone interview, followed by a store visit.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, mostly behavioral type questions   Answer Question

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Start with phone interview, then store visit. Lastly meet with district manager. Pretty informal interview with the district manager, asked to bring in resume. Will start discussion with general questions about your resume then will start with usual interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • How did you turn a negative customer experience into a positive? What was one of the biggest mistakes that you've made? Why do you want to work for Sherwin?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

I found out about the job by a sign in the window of the store. I walked in and asked for an application. easy enough. I got a call a few days later and met with the store manager the same day. Basic interview questions were asked but it genuinely seemed like the manager cared about my personal life and not just what I was on paper. got the job and spent 2 years with the company. would work for them again.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if someone wanted a product that you had committed to another customer but that customer had not come to pick it up yet?   Answer Question
    I did negotiate and started $1 more an hour. They were quite reasonable.

Summer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

All questions were fairly simple and project related. Good part was that they allowed me to ask them some questions about the kind of work I will get to do.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2010.

SLOW. Started in April and ended in June with little feedback. Also was interviewed by the manager that would eventually report to me. She was not prepped and had no idea of where I came from and why I was there. A little strange.

Tough

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!