Sherwin-Williams

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Management Intern Interview

Summer Management Intern
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied online- Received an E-mail for a phone interview in about one week time in which i was given different time slots based on my availability to choose from. The Interview went smoothly lasted for about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Questions were mainly behavioral based i.e. In a given situation who did you handled the problem   Answer Question

Mississauga, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied through University website. Was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. I was then invited to do an in-store visit where I had to ask questions that were given to me to answer. After that you contact the recruiter to go over the visit and go onto the next step. Recruiter sets up interview with the District Manager who has the final say if you are hired

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a sale you were proud of   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details phone interview that is one hour with recruiter
than one hour interview in person at heaf office

Interview Question – Explain a time you had a difficult customer and how you turned the situation ino a psitive outcome   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiatin for the entry level

Calgary, AB

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details You Apply online, schedule a phone interview, followed by a visit to local near store to meat store manager and see operations inside the store to get an idea and then meet for a third interview with regional director.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult, usual questions set which you can find online and behavioral questions (tell me about a time...) One hint: They want people who will stay long-term, so if they feel for one second that you are not intending to stay with them for many years to come then they will eliminate you as a candidate.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Edmonton, AB

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2013.

Interview Details I applied during campus recruitment. The interview was very standard, straight to the point, and informal.

Interview Question – Give me an example of when you've had a bad experience with a customer. How did you react and managed the situation?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details Phone interview, followed by a store visit.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, mostly behavioral type questions   Answer Question

Management Training Program (MTP)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details Start with phone interview, then store visit. Lastly meet with district manager. Pretty informal interview with the district manager, asked to bring in resume. Will start discussion with general questions about your resume then will start with usual interview questions.

Interview Question – How did you turn a negative customer experience into a positive? What was one of the biggest mistakes that you've made? Why do you want to work for Sherwin?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details Very straight-forward and friendly process! Three interviews: 1.) phone interview w/ recruiter 2.) Store interview with store manager and assistant manager 3.) Face-to-face interview with City Manager and District Manager

The phone interview was about 30 minutes, questions were STAR format that had a lot to do with customer-service. Just prepare several "stories" about how you've done well in a sales/customer-service/management environment and be able to tell them in a way that makes you seem warm and professional. Recruiter also emphasizes whether you're open to relocation - so be open with them about your expectations.

The store interview is when you go in an learn more about the position. They go over the different responsibilities, from warehouse safety, sales, operations, and inventory management. Recruiter will email a worksheet with questions to ask the Store Manager - mostly about the different responsibilities and expectations. From my experience, the Store Manager didn't ask me anything about my past work-experience (they were busy!). I felt he was mostly gauging my interest in the job and whether it would be something I would want to do.

Final interview is at the District Office with the City Manager and District Manager. They went through my resume and asked me about my work experience. They also spent a good amount of time going over the opportunities and culture. They didn't ask any STAR questions (I was kinda bummed, I had prepared a lot!), but they mostly were gauging my personality and whether it would be a fit.

From my experience, everyone was overwhelmingly friendly. You can tell this is a good company to work for.

Interview Question – Name an instance when you've turned a negative customer-service experience into a good one.

Name a time when you've been part of a group where someone wasn't pulling their weight and what you did about it.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Set salary

Senior Web Developer Interview

Senior Web Developer
Cleveland, OH (US)

I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied online using their web based system. It did not work very well and I did not hear from them for at least three weeks. I had a brief phone interview and seemed as if I was unqualified.

Interview Question – There were some technical questions I was unable to answer.   Answer Question

Warner Robins, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2014.

Interview Details The interviewing process was as easy as can be. There is a 3 step process. The first step is the phone interview there is a recruiter who calls you and the call is about 30-45 minutes. After the phone interview, the recruiter will set you up for the second step which is the in-store interview. The in-store interview is usually about an hour to two hours long. I was told the store that I would be visiting and given the number to call the store manager to set up a time and date that was convenient for the both of us. I also asked what he recommended I wear which he told me khakis and collar shirt would be fine. It includes a tour of the store and a interview with the store manager and the assistant manager. Before you arrive, the recruiter will send you a questionnaire to print out and take with you for the in-store interview and it basically has questions that you should ask which gives you further details about the store and the business. The store manager asks his/her questions then you turn around and ask the questions listed on the sheet. Same goes for the assistant manager. If you make it to the 3rd step, you will be contacted by the District Manager to set up the final interview. Be sure to dress your best because this will be more of a professional interview than the first two were. After speaking with the District Manager you will then be contacted by the recruiter later in the week to offer or not offer you the job.

Interview Question – The questions weren't so bad. The phone and the District Manager interview asked similar questions such as "Why do you want to work for the Sherwin- Williams Company?, What is good customer service? How would you handle an angry customer? "Based on the store visit, what would you change about the store?" Are you willing to relocate?" I realized that Glassdoor was the best source to prepare for the job interview with this company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was hired by the District Manager and was offered the job where I gladly accepted. The recruiter sent the offer letter to my email address and I had a couple of days to accept or decline. The offer letter consist of the store location as well as the benefits and salary.

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!