Sherwin-Williams

Updated 13 Nov, 2014

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2014.

Applied through University website. Was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. I was then invited to do an in-store visit where I had to ask questions that were given to me to answer. After that you contact the recruiter to go over the visit and go onto the next step. Recruiter sets up interview with the District Manager who has the final say if you are hired

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a sale you were proud of   Answer Question

Summer Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2014.

Applied online- Received an E-mail for a phone interview in about one week time in which i was given different time slots based on my availability to choose from. The Interview went smoothly lasted for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mainly behavioral based i.e. In a given situation who did you handled the problem   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

phone interview that is one hour with recruiter
    than one hour interview in person at heaf office

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had a difficult customer and how you turned the situation ino a psitive outcome   Answer Question
    there was no negotiatin for the entry level

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

You Apply online, schedule a phone interview, followed by a visit to local near store to meat store manager and see operations inside the store to get an idea and then meet for a third interview with regional director.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult, usual questions set which you can find online and behavioral questions (tell me about a time...) One hint: They want people who will stay long-term, so if they feel for one second that you are not intending to stay with them for many years to come then they will eliminate you as a candidate.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Phone interview, followed by a store visit.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, mostly behavioral type questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2013.

I applied during campus recruitment. The interview was very standard, straight to the point, and informal.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you've had a bad experience with a customer. How did you react and managed the situation?   Answer Question

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Start with phone interview, then store visit. Lastly meet with district manager. Pretty informal interview with the district manager, asked to bring in resume. Will start discussion with general questions about your resume then will start with usual interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • How did you turn a negative customer experience into a positive? What was one of the biggest mistakes that you've made? Why do you want to work for Sherwin?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Manager Training Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

First interview was great. I'm now waiting to go visit the store for my second interview. I know that I will get hired and claiming it. This company seems to have a great work life balance and that is great. The benefits and pay are great as well.

Interview Questions
    • How do you stay safe and what steps do you go about to remain safe?   Answer Question
    N/a

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Standard phone interview, I was asked to tell the interviewer about myself and then they asked that I go over my resume from my oldest job to my most recent job. They described the position in more detail and asked how I felt about it and about moving from my current city.

Interview Questions
    • I did not think they would have me go over my resume from oldest to most recent job in such detail, I was asked to go over every line.   Answer Question

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in November 2014.

Applied online contacted by recruiter that afternoon.He was pleasant we set up a phone interview for 3 days later. Phone interview typical questions mostly about customer service and my current job as a restaurant manager.Was asked how far I could travel I said an hour. Was setup with a store visit the following week. Store visit was great, Store manager very informative about expectations. She told me she thought I would be an excellent fit. Recruiter contacted me again the next day, I was set up with a 3rd interview two weeks later. When I got to third interview they informed me that I was the last of six interviews that day and that four people would be interviewing me. I was the last interview of the day. Went through City manager first was a great interview he really liked me I could tell. Next interview with two people one was a Store manager who was training to do interviews. that also went well. Third in interviewed with District Manager, I felt like I talked too much with him, I also said something negative about current employer and regretted it as soon as I said it. At the end of interview he asked me how far I would travel, I said and hour. He said that someone would get back to me by Friday either way(This was Wednesday). No one called me by Friday, I figured they were busy and that they would call Monday. No call Monday. I got a letter in the mail on Monday postmarked Friday that I did not get job. I was Bummed I was very excited about Sherwin-Williams and they seemed excited about me. I assumed it was because of my interview with District Manager.I was unhappy that no one called. The reason I am still upset about this experience is that the next day the recruiter called to follow up he asked how the Interview went I told him obviously not well since they mailed me the generic reject letter. He told me that he was told that my interviews were fine but that I was not willing to relocate so they could not hire me since they had no openings in my area. I was never asked once throughout this whole process if I would relocate.I would not have gone to interview if that was the case. As for traveling I feel that an hour of travel to work is a generous offer to go sell paint. There are 25 locations within an hour of my home. I think there are other reasons I did not get hired. It was awful for them to call me after sending me that letter, just to tell me a lie. They still have a posting up that they are hiring for my area.