Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated 25 Oct, 2014

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2014.

Applied through University website. Was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. I was then invited to do an in-store visit where I had to ask questions that were given to me to answer. After that you contact the recruiter to go over the visit and go onto the next step. Recruiter sets up interview with the District Manager who has the final say if you are hired

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a sale you were proud of   Answer Question

Summer Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2014.

Applied online- Received an E-mail for a phone interview in about one week time in which i was given different time slots based on my availability to choose from. The Interview went smoothly lasted for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mainly behavioral based i.e. In a given situation who did you handled the problem   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

phone interview that is one hour with recruiter
    than one hour interview in person at heaf office

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had a difficult customer and how you turned the situation ino a psitive outcome   Answer Question
    there was no negotiatin for the entry level

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

You Apply online, schedule a phone interview, followed by a visit to local near store to meat store manager and see operations inside the store to get an idea and then meet for a third interview with regional director.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult, usual questions set which you can find online and behavioral questions (tell me about a time...) One hint: They want people who will stay long-term, so if they feel for one second that you are not intending to stay with them for many years to come then they will eliminate you as a candidate.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Phone interview, followed by a store visit.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, mostly behavioral type questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2013.

I applied during campus recruitment. The interview was very standard, straight to the point, and informal.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you've had a bad experience with a customer. How did you react and managed the situation?   Answer Question

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Start with phone interview, then store visit. Lastly meet with district manager. Pretty informal interview with the district manager, asked to bring in resume. Will start discussion with general questions about your resume then will start with usual interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • How did you turn a negative customer experience into a positive? What was one of the biggest mistakes that you've made? Why do you want to work for Sherwin?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

I applied online with Sherwin Williams for the Management Training Program and by the next morning I had received an email from a recruiter who wanted to set up a phone interview. The recruiter was very nice and the interview was not very hard. The interview was mostly her trying to get a feel for who I was and whether or not this job would be something that I would like to do. After the interview, I received an email with contact information for a local manager of a Sherwin Williams store that I am to set up a store visit with. I am currently waiting to hear back from the Manager but so far my experience has been great and the recruiter as been very helpful. The next steps in the process are to meet with the local manager, report back to my recruiter and then if all goes well, interview with a district manager.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to speak with your current manager what would they say are some things that you could work on as an employee?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Met recruiters at campus career fair. It was pretty easy to get an interview, she just had me sign up on a sheet. She was very nice, but seemed to be grabbing any student that was interested no matter how they were.

Interview Questions
    • What has been the worst negative feedback you have received from a current employer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

There was 2 rounds, the first was a phone interview. Pretty basic questions - tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, etc. Second round was in the office, again pretty easy interview, just a little more in depth about yourself. Half of the interview is spent with the guy telling you about Sherwin and what he does/what you'll be doing.