Sheetz Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

2.4

Salesperson Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sheetz.

Interview

I actually applied online a few months back and I walked in the store and met the store manager and was hired on the spot! He took me to the back in the office looked at my application, asked me a couple questions regarding me last job and that was it. I didn't go through the full interview process it took all of 10 mins to be honest. After I took my drug test and they sent it off I hadn't received a call so when I called the store they confirmed that I passed the test and gave me a date to start my orientation.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions about my previous job   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sheetz (Akron, OH (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was easy. They wanted part time and people who needed and wanted to work. They said i fit the bill for what they wanted with the exception of my availability. I needed and wanted the job but I didnt get it because my part time hours wasn't what they wanted. Why is it they want part time but refuse to work with your availability. They say flexible scheduling and family oriented but they are not flexible nor family friendly when it comes to working with people with school aged children. Jobs need to quit saying part time and flexible when they are not willing to work with you on availability. Maybe they didnt like the fact that i interviewed them as well. It was an easy interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at sheetz?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sheetz.

Interview

Sent in resume, very qualified to do the work with over 10 years management experience, and they send me a email within couple days saying based upon my resume that i qualify for a salesperson position. One not a salesperson you are a cashier!

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sheetz (Harrisburg, PA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was very quickly called in for the interview. I was hired as a salesperson and had to go through rigorous training in a group setting with other salespersons from several stores. I was also trained in my store by other shift dupervisors and within a month was promoted to shift supervisor.

Interview Questions

• How would your co-workers know if you are in a bad mood? What eould you say to sn employee who is s itting in the cooler drinking a drink?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sheetz.

Interview

Applied online - received a call a few days later to schedule an interview. Came in, was offered a free drink while I waited, manager came out shortly to see me. Interviewed one on one in the office, was very friendly and smooth. I was nervous since I was new to this, but she was nice and noticed as I relaxed. Conversation touched on some casual topics as well before the interview was over and I was told I'd get a call in a week if I had it. Just two days later I got my call back asking to schedule my drug test and other things to get me officially hired.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are based on your work ethic, i.e. can you do overtime, how flexible is your schedule, what makes you want to work for us, what drives you, etc   Answer Question

Salesperson Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sheetz.

Interview

I applied online and got offered to have an interview about a week or two after applying. When you apply, your name kind of goes into a pool where you may get hired at another Sheetz besides the one you've applied to. It's just where the openings happen to lie. I have been told by several people that it's a great advantage if you know someone who works with Sheetz or has some kind of connection with the company. The interview itself took about 30-45 minutes, but as long as you are comfortable and relaxed, it's not like it will be unbearable. With this interview, it seemed like the only possible way that the interview would come off as uncomfortable was if I made it that way.

Interview Questions

• Which part of the job might you find to be the most difficult to get a grasp on/pick up?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sheetz.

Interview

Typical questions from the store manager. Confirmed that they will not hire someone outside of company without food experience for assistant manager position. Even if you meet all the other qualifications. The DM likes to promote from within.

Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunmore, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sheetz (Dunmore, PA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

I put in an application online on Wednesday and got a phone call the same day at 3 pm for and interview. The interview was scheduled for the next day Friday. The interview lasted an hour and a half with a tour of the kitchen and the freezers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Salesperson Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sheetz.

Interview

I applied for a job on the Sheetz website. The job I applied for was actually at another store than the one I got the interview, so I guess all Sheetz have access to applications submitted in an area. It was a week or two after I applied until I received a phone call to set up an interview. When I got to the interview I was offered a beverage before we started, but I declined. The interview was held in the backroom of the store. The interview itself was pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were average, but the question I tripped up on was "Who do you look up to?". In retrospect, it was an easy question. I didn't have an an answer at the time, so I had a long pause before I answered. In the future, I will have a better thought out answer to use.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Online application with personality test, Interview with assistant managers and then drug testing. The interview really depends on the manager interviewing. I have known people who were turned away because they smiled too much while people who obviously didn't care the minute they walked in the door got the job. It just depends.

Interview Questions

• The only unexpected thing was that I had to take a math test.   Answer Question