Sephora Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

Skin Care Specialist Sephora Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in August 2014.

I was called and asked to come in right away for an interview. I went in and the store director interviewed me, and it was such a pleasant interview! She was so nice and just wanted me to be myself. It was just like having a conversation with someone, so nice. She seemed excited to meet me and wanted to next round of interviews done fast to get the process going. I came back a few days later to have another interview with her and another manager, which were around the same type of questions, and which was also very nice! We laughed and had a great convo. Try wanted me in the very next day to do the final interview which was the 'demo' interview. It was easy, pretty much just showed me how they approach and talk to customers, and then an example of how they don't. Then I had to pretend to approach them. It was no pressure, they didn't make me feel nervous about it. Very casual. They then checked my references, but told me based on my three interviews they want to hire me. I got a call the day they said they'd call me offering me a position!

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

The hiring and interview process was pleasant and hassle free! I went in to apply and completed an application and handed it to a manager with my cover letter and resume. Then I had an on the spot interview where one of the managers asked why I wanted to work at Sephora, what my goals were, and where I saw myself in two years at Sephora. I was then told that I would be called and invited to a group interview, the first part of the interview process. Sure enough, later that evening I was invited to come in a few days later for a group interview.

The group interview included two members of management, myself, and five other individuals applying for the job. The managers rotated who would answer first and last, so everyone would have a fair chance at answering, and asked questions such as:
    -Tell us about yourself and why you want to work at Sephora.
    - Explain your last job to us and how the skills you applied would make you the ideal Sephora employee.
    - Where do you see yourself in two years at Sephora?
    - Give an example of a time you went above and beyond in customer service.
    - Do you have experience working in an energetic and fast-paced environment?
    After the questions she collected our references and ensured us that if they thought we were a good fit, we would be called in for a second interview that would include a demo. Overall the group interview was thorough and easy going.

The very next day I received a call inviting me to come in for a second one on one interview and demo. When I got to Sephora, I was informed that I would be doing my demo first. I met with a very welcoming lady who was the Educational Expert at Sephora. She explained to me that the demo was to see how I would naturally interact with clients as a cashier. She also told me to not worry about not knowing anything about the products. She gave me a few tips about what to mention while cashing a client out and then we began. We started off doing the first demonstration where she pretended she was a client and I was the cashier and we were performing a simple and to the point transaction. Then we did a second demonstration where she was an angry client, so she could see how I handled conflict. After the demo she gave me some constructive feedback, told me I did really well, and that another manager would be in shortly to finish off the interview process.

Shortly after, another manager came in and asked the following questions:
    - Tell me about yourself and why you want to work at Sephora?
    - What skills do you have that would be suited to the position?
    That part of the interview was actually a lot of fun! The manager was so relaxed and showed great excitement for her job and Sephora as a whole. When the interview was over, I asked a few of my questions and she informed me that I would be contacted as soon as my references were checked.

Overall, my experience interviewing at Sephora was one of the most pleasant interview experiences I've ever had. The employees are incredibly helpful and friendly and you can tell they really care about their employees.

Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. You just have to know yourself, your skills, and your passion for Sephora.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sephora.

I went into sephora just to hand in my application and resume and ran into the manager and had an interview on the spot unexpectedly. I was just running errands that day so had no makeup on... bummer.. So be prepared! It was "too" informal and casual, though.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions e.g. Why sephora? What's your goal in your life? How would you deal with a certain situation? ect.   Answer Question

Cashier/BA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in April 2014.

Sephora is like my dream company, so I applied in store and filled out an application form. Several weeks later I got a phone call. The manager asked me some brief questions: "Why Sephora?" "Five year plan?" "Availability", and she invited me for an onsite interview the next week. I brought a cover letter and a reference letter as well. The interview was very pleasant, two interviewers, very nice people. The questions focused on customer service, e.g. tough customer, team work experience. After that the managers told me that they will get back to me either way. I was expecting a second interview, but they offered me the position directly after one week!!! I am so excited.

Interview Questions
    The manager asked me what my expectiontion was, and she gave a little higher than that.

Recovery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in February 2014.

I went through 3 interviews. The first one was a quick phone interview, very simple questions asked, the second one was a group interview with 6 of us. They ask a question then you just raise your hand to answer and everyone answers, super easy questions and very basic, then the third interview was a one on one with a color lead and the operations specialist and they asked a little bit of tougher questions and went into more detail about your past retail experience and what you are best at and what you need to work on. Talked about what position and hours your available for etc. Still pretty easy. Then after that I passed the one on one and had to do a "demo" on being a cashier and visual merchandising, super easy and fun, no pressure at all they just wanted to see how I would be with customers and how much I knew about visual merchandising.

Interview Questions
    • There wasnt any questions that were difficult, it was all pretty easy to answer and if you didnt know how to answer it they helped you out. It was just a regular retail interview   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sephora.

Had first phone interview. And was scheduled for group interview where i along with four other girls was asked the same questions mentioned here

Sephora Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sephora.

It was really basic asking what your goals are in the near future and best customer service experience.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

filled out an application form and got a call for an interview about a week after. the interview was about 20minutes long and they scheduled me for a second interview on the spot. my second interview was 20minutes long as well. However I was going away right after the interview so i never got a call back. I called them when I got back but they weren't hiring anymore.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you achieved something beyond your expectation?   Answer Question

Overnight Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Sephora in November 2012.

I applied online and heard back within a few days. The interview was at night in the stockroom at the store. The room would not have met code - no emergency exits - stuff everyone - I was actually frightened to be down there. The girl who interviewed me was unprepared and inexperienced. She told me at the end of the interview that she wanted the store manager to interview me and wanted to know which days would be good. I emailed her my availability and never heard back from either of them. This has made me not want to spend my money at Sephora.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to look at a wall and point out what was wrong with the merchandising/cleanliness of it.   Answer Question

Color Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora in June 2013.

it was fun and relaxing

Interview Questions

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!