Sephora

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Toronto, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details The hiring and interview process was pleasant and hassle free! I went in to apply and completed an application and handed it to a manager with my cover letter and resume. Then I had an on the spot interview where one of the managers asked why I wanted to work at Sephora, what my goals were, and where I saw myself in two years at Sephora. I was then told that I would be called and invited to a group interview, the first part of the interview process. Sure enough, later that evening I was invited to come in a few days later for a group interview.

The group interview included two members of management, myself, and five other individuals applying for the job. The managers rotated who would answer first and last, so everyone would have a fair chance at answering, and asked questions such as:
-Tell us about yourself and why you want to work at Sephora.
- Explain your last job to us and how the skills you applied would make you the ideal Sephora employee.
- Where do you see yourself in two years at Sephora?
- Give an example of a time you went above and beyond in customer service.
- Do you have experience working in an energetic and fast-paced environment?
After the questions she collected our references and ensured us that if they thought we were a good fit, we would be called in for a second interview that would include a demo. Overall the group interview was thorough and easy going.

The very next day I received a call inviting me to come in for a second one on one interview and demo. When I got to Sephora, I was informed that I would be doing my demo first. I met with a very welcoming lady who was the Educational Expert at Sephora. She explained to me that the demo was to see how I would naturally interact with clients as a cashier. She also told me to not worry about not knowing anything about the products. She gave me a few tips about what to mention while cashing a client out and then we began. We started off doing the first demonstration where she pretended she was a client and I was the cashier and we were performing a simple and to the point transaction. Then we did a second demonstration where she was an angry client, so she could see how I handled conflict. After the demo she gave me some constructive feedback, told me I did really well, and that another manager would be in shortly to finish off the interview process.

Shortly after, another manager came in and asked the following questions:
- Tell me about yourself and why you want to work at Sephora?
- What skills do you have that would be suited to the position?
That part of the interview was actually a lot of fun! The manager was so relaxed and showed great excitement for her job and Sephora as a whole. When the interview was over, I asked a few of my questions and she informed me that I would be contacted as soon as my references were checked.

Overall, my experience interviewing at Sephora was one of the most pleasant interview experiences I've ever had. The employees are incredibly helpful and friendly and you can tell they really care about their employees.

Good luck!

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult. You just have to know yourself, your skills, and your passion for Sephora.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details I went into sephora just to hand in my application and resume and ran into the manager and had an interview on the spot unexpectedly. I was just running errands that day so had no makeup on... bummer.. So be prepared! It was "too" informal and casual, though.

Interview Question – Typical questions e.g. Why sephora? What's your goal in your life? How would you deal with a certain situation? ect.   Answer Question

Cashier/BA Interview

Cashier/BA
Calgary, AB

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in April 2014.

Interview Details Sephora is like my dream company, so I applied in store and filled out an application form. Several weeks later I got a phone call. The manager asked me some brief questions: "Why Sephora?" "Five year plan?" "Availability", and she invited me for an onsite interview the next week. I brought a cover letter and a reference letter as well. The interview was very pleasant, two interviewers, very nice people. The questions focused on customer service, e.g. tough customer, team work experience. After that the managers told me that they will get back to me either way. I was expecting a second interview, but they offered me the position directly after one week!!! I am so excited.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The manager asked me what my expectiontion was, and she gave a little higher than that.

Recovery Associate Interview

Recovery Associate
Vancouver, BC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in February 2014.

Interview Details I went through 3 interviews. The first one was a quick phone interview, very simple questions asked, the second one was a group interview with 6 of us. They ask a question then you just raise your hand to answer and everyone answers, super easy questions and very basic, then the third interview was a one on one with a color lead and the operations specialist and they asked a little bit of tougher questions and went into more detail about your past retail experience and what you are best at and what you need to work on. Talked about what position and hours your available for etc. Still pretty easy. Then after that I passed the one on one and had to do a "demo" on being a cashier and visual merchandising, super easy and fun, no pressure at all they just wanted to see how I would be with customers and how much I knew about visual merchandising.

Interview Question – There wasnt any questions that were difficult, it was all pretty easy to answer and if you didnt know how to answer it they helped you out. It was just a regular retail interview   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details Had first phone interview. And was scheduled for group interview where i along with four other girls was asked the same questions mentioned here

Sephora Manager Interview

Sephora Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details It was really basic asking what your goals are in the near future and best customer service experience.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Vancouver, BC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details filled out an application form and got a call for an interview about a week after. the interview was about 20minutes long and they scheduled me for a second interview on the spot. my second interview was 20minutes long as well. However I was going away right after the interview so i never got a call back. I called them when I got back but they weren't hiring anymore.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you achieved something beyond your expectation?   Answer Question

Overnight Stock Associate Interview

Overnight Stock Associate
Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sephora in November 2012.

Interview Details I applied online and heard back within a few days. The interview was at night in the stockroom at the store. The room would not have met code - no emergency exits - stuff everyone - I was actually frightened to be down there. The girl who interviewed me was unprepared and inexperienced. She told me at the end of the interview that she wanted the store manager to interview me and wanted to know which days would be good. I emailed her my availability and never heard back from either of them. This has made me not want to spend my money at Sephora.

Interview Question – Asked me to look at a wall and point out what was wrong with the merchandising/cleanliness of it.   Answer Question

Color Specialist Interview

Color Specialist
Edmonton, AB

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora in June 2013.

Interview Details it was fun and relaxing

Interview Question – What do you dislike the most from your past employer?   Answer Question

Cast Member Interview

Cast Member
Victoria, BC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details Group interview with about 7 other girls, we would all answer the same questions in order. Called back for a one on one interview a few days after.

Interview Question – Difficulty you've had with an employeer   Answer Question

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!