Sephora

2.5

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

I honestly don't know how to describe my experience other than the fact that it was disorganized and it took a while . I applied online and I wait for two weeks and never got a reply so when I learned that they were having a job fair , I took matters into my own hands and attended. I went to the career fair and had two on spot interviews . First one was pretty simple in that they only asked my availability and why I wanted to work at sephora etc . Then I was asked to wait for another interviewer to become available to interview me . The second interview was pretty in depth . She asked questions about my previous employer , a time I went above and beyond in customer service etc. When It was finished I was told that I would be hearing from them in the next day or two and we would go from there . But obviously I never heard from them . So I took matters into my own hands again and called them . The hiring manager who interviewed me was not in that day so I decided to wait a few more days and then call again . When I did call again , my interviewer has left to go on vacation . Not knowing what to do , I asked if I could leave my number and have someone else from management contact me . But obviously no one called me back . So I waited another week to call in so my interviewer would be back and called in . Immediately she apologized because they had lost my application and interview answers . She then helped me make an appointment for another interview the following Thursday. Come Thursday I had another interview will another manager where she asked questions like what type of management do you think you work well in , tell me about a time someone wanted you to do something against company policy ,etc. I guess she liked my answers because I then had a demo interview in which me and a sephora staff role played and pretended to be sephora cashier and customer . I was such a nervous wreck but I guess I did something right because they called me an hour later to tell me that I got the job ! Later that night , they sent me a email with a link to all the paper work and forms that I need to sign and after I filled them all out , they called me the following morning to tell me about when I would start training . The process was long and a little disorganized but sometimes you just need to take matters into your own hands and show the company your initiative and things will go your way I promise !

Wardrobe for interview :

Red Blazer , Black blouse , Black dress pants , and heals

Makeup :

Simple brown smokey eye . Bold red lip

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you accomplished something at work   View Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora in October 2014.

I applied for the seasonal sales associate position in mid August, and got a phone call at the end of September.

The interview consisted of four stages:
    1. Mini phone interview with store manager (10 mins)
    -why do you want to work at Sephora
    -where do you see yourself in the company in 5 years
    -what was the best Christmas present you've ever gotten and why
    -what is your availability
    -scheduled for group interview (next day)

2. Group interview with education lead & operations specialist (6 people interviewed including myself). The interview was very laid back and fun. We sat in a semi-circle and went around taking turns who was answering first. The whole process was about an hour.

Questions:
    -introduction + fun fact about yourself
    -why did you leave your last job
    -how would your last employer describe you (one word)
    -what was your last company's core value and how did it align with your own values
    -what section of the store do you want to work in and where do you see yourself in 5 years
    -describe a time where you delivered excellent customer service
    -describe a time when you received excellent customer service at sephora
    -how would you describe yourself (one word) and why
    -if you sold a perfume to a customer and she came back ten mins later with a broken bottle, and said she dropped it, what would you do
    -questions

I got a phone call 10 days after the group interview, and was asked to do a demo in a week. The lead told me she was going to contact my references. Next day I heard from my current supervisor that she had received a phone call from Sephora.

3. Demo (only if you applied for the color world)
    I had to give a "customer", actually one of the case members, a mini makeover (one feature). The products were laid out in front of me and I had to help her find her perfect lipstick. The whole process was about twenty minutes. The key to this part is sanitation, engaging the customer and strong closure. Make sure you ask LOTS of questions to the client and be super friendly. And when the client likes the product, make sure to compliment her and go grab the product right away.

The lead who was interviewing me told me what she liked about my demo and what I could improve on. She then told me that she would contact me whether I get the job or not. I got the offer 3 days later.

The whole process was fairly long (3 weeks and felt like forever) but it was very laid back and enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • What was the best customer service experience you have received at Sephora   Answer Question

Seasonal Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sephora in September 2014.

First interview. Very comfortable and positive experience. Interviewee expressed that she wanted me to be comfortable and to be myself ( very genuinely ). More of back and forth conversation rather than simply a more structured/stiff question and answer.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to talk about myself.   View Answer
    • What have you found frustrating with a fellow coworker?   View Answer
    Yet to come.

Skin Care Specialist Sephora Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora in August 2014.

I was called and asked to come in right away for an interview. I went in and the store director interviewed me, and it was such a pleasant interview! She was so nice and just wanted me to be myself. It was just like having a conversation with someone, so nice. She seemed excited to meet me and wanted to next round of interviews done fast to get the process going. I came back a few days later to have another interview with her and another manager, which were around the same type of questions, and which was also very nice! We laughed and had a great convo. Try wanted me in the very next day to do the final interview which was the 'demo' interview. It was easy, pretty much just showed me how they approach and talk to customers, and then an example of how they don't. Then I had to pretend to approach them. It was no pressure, they didn't make me feel nervous about it. Very casual. They then checked my references, but told me based on my three interviews they want to hire me. I got a call the day they said they'd call me offering me a position!

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

The hiring and interview process was pleasant and hassle free! I went in to apply and completed an application and handed it to a manager with my cover letter and resume. Then I had an on the spot interview where one of the managers asked why I wanted to work at Sephora, what my goals were, and where I saw myself in two years at Sephora. I was then told that I would be called and invited to a group interview, the first part of the interview process. Sure enough, later that evening I was invited to come in a few days later for a group interview.

The group interview included two members of management, myself, and five other individuals applying for the job. The managers rotated who would answer first and last, so everyone would have a fair chance at answering, and asked questions such as:
    -Tell us about yourself and why you want to work at Sephora.
    - Explain your last job to us and how the skills you applied would make you the ideal Sephora employee.
    - Where do you see yourself in two years at Sephora?
    - Give an example of a time you went above and beyond in customer service.
    - Do you have experience working in an energetic and fast-paced environment?
    After the questions she collected our references and ensured us that if they thought we were a good fit, we would be called in for a second interview that would include a demo. Overall the group interview was thorough and easy going.

The very next day I received a call inviting me to come in for a second one on one interview and demo. When I got to Sephora, I was informed that I would be doing my demo first. I met with a very welcoming lady who was the Educational Expert at Sephora. She explained to me that the demo was to see how I would naturally interact with clients as a cashier. She also told me to not worry about not knowing anything about the products. She gave me a few tips about what to mention while cashing a client out and then we began. We started off doing the first demonstration where she pretended she was a client and I was the cashier and we were performing a simple and to the point transaction. Then we did a second demonstration where she was an angry client, so she could see how I handled conflict. After the demo she gave me some constructive feedback, told me I did really well, and that another manager would be in shortly to finish off the interview process.

Shortly after, another manager came in and asked the following questions:
    - Tell me about yourself and why you want to work at Sephora?
    - What skills do you have that would be suited to the position?
    That part of the interview was actually a lot of fun! The manager was so relaxed and showed great excitement for her job and Sephora as a whole. When the interview was over, I asked a few of my questions and she informed me that I would be contacted as soon as my references were checked.

Overall, my experience interviewing at Sephora was one of the most pleasant interview experiences I've ever had. The employees are incredibly helpful and friendly and you can tell they really care about their employees.

Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. You just have to know yourself, your skills, and your passion for Sephora.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sephora.

I went into sephora just to hand in my application and resume and ran into the manager and had an interview on the spot unexpectedly. I was just running errands that day so had no makeup on... bummer.. So be prepared! It was "too" informal and casual, though.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions e.g. Why sephora? What's your goal in your life? How would you deal with a certain situation? ect.   Answer Question

Cashier/BA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Sephora in April 2014.

Sephora is like my dream company, so I applied in store and filled out an application form. Several weeks later I got a phone call. The manager asked me some brief questions: "Why Sephora?" "Five year plan?" "Availability", and she invited me for an onsite interview the next week. I brought a cover letter and a reference letter as well. The interview was very pleasant, two interviewers, very nice people. The questions focused on customer service, e.g. tough customer, team work experience. After that the managers told me that they will get back to me either way. I was expecting a second interview, but they offered me the position directly after one week!!! I am so excited.

Interview Questions
    The manager asked me what my expectiontion was, and she gave a little higher than that.

Recovery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora in February 2014.

I went through 3 interviews. The first one was a quick phone interview, very simple questions asked, the second one was a group interview with 6 of us. They ask a question then you just raise your hand to answer and everyone answers, super easy questions and very basic, then the third interview was a one on one with a color lead and the operations specialist and they asked a little bit of tougher questions and went into more detail about your past retail experience and what you are best at and what you need to work on. Talked about what position and hours your available for etc. Still pretty easy. Then after that I passed the one on one and had to do a "demo" on being a cashier and visual merchandising, super easy and fun, no pressure at all they just wanted to see how I would be with customers and how much I knew about visual merchandising.

Interview Questions
    • There wasnt any questions that were difficult, it was all pretty easy to answer and if you didnt know how to answer it they helped you out. It was just a regular retail interview   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora.

Had first phone interview. And was scheduled for group interview where i along with four other girls was asked the same questions mentioned here

Sephora Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora.

It was really basic asking what your goals are in the near future and best customer service experience.