Sephora

Relevance Date Difficulty

Recovery Associate Interview

Recovery Associate
Vancouver, BC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in February 2014.

Interview Details I went through 3 interviews. The first one was a quick phone interview, very simple questions asked, the second one was a group interview with 6 of us. They ask a question then you just raise your hand to answer and everyone answers, super easy questions and very basic, then the third interview was a one on one with a color lead and the operations specialist and they asked a little bit of tougher questions and went into more detail about your past retail experience and what you are best at and what you need to work on. Talked about what position and hours your available for etc. Still pretty easy. Then after that I passed the one on one and had to do a "demo" on being a cashier and visual merchandising, super easy and fun, no pressure at all they just wanted to see how I would be with customers and how much I knew about visual merchandising.

Interview Question – There wasnt any questions that were difficult, it was all pretty easy to answer and if you didnt know how to answer it they helped you out. It was just a regular retail interview   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details Had first phone interview. And was scheduled for group interview where i along with four other girls was asked the same questions mentioned here

Sephora Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details It was really basic asking what your goals are in the near future and best customer service experience.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Vancouver, BC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details filled out an application form and got a call for an interview about a week after. the interview was about 20minutes long and they scheduled me for a second interview on the spot. my second interview was 20minutes long as well. However I was going away right after the interview so i never got a call back. I called them when I got back but they weren't hiring anymore.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you achieved something beyond your expectation?   Answer Question

Overnight Stock Associate Interview

Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sephora in November 2012.

Interview Details I applied online and heard back within a few days. The interview was at night in the stockroom at the store. The room would not have met code - no emergency exits - stuff everyone - I was actually frightened to be down there. The girl who interviewed me was unprepared and inexperienced. She told me at the end of the interview that she wanted the store manager to interview me and wanted to know which days would be good. I emailed her my availability and never heard back from either of them. This has made me not want to spend my money at Sephora.

Interview Question – Asked me to look at a wall and point out what was wrong with the merchandising/cleanliness of it.   Answer Question

Color Specialist Interview

Color Specialist
Edmonton, AB

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora in June 2013.

Interview Details it was fun and relaxing

Interview Question – What do you dislike the most from your past employer?   Answer Question

Cast Member Interview

Cast Member
Victoria, BC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details Group interview with about 7 other girls, we would all answer the same questions in order. Called back for a one on one interview a few days after.

Interview Question – Difficulty you've had with an employeer   Answer Question

Operations Lead Interview

Operations Lead

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sephora in May 2013.

Interview Details it was an in-depth, hour long interview. a lot of questions were based on passed job situations, how you handled things. ex: give me an instance where... (lots of these questions)
a lot of questions were slightly similar.

Interview Question – how would you schedule tasks on a calendar   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Toronto, ON

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details I applied for the job through a job fair where they gave potential candidates mini interviews. After about a week I got a call back for a group interview. There were 8 people there and the managers just asked questions and let everyone have a chance to answer them. I thought I did well to stand out and show my personality and they thought so too because I got called back for a second individual interview. During this interview they asked more in depth questions about my past experience, my good qualities and more. Finally after another week I received a call and was told that I got hired! It was a pretty log process, but very easy going and laid back.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you went out of your way to provide excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Keyholder Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sephora in May 2013.

Interview Details it was very formal ...

Interview Question – Name a time you had to break company policies to make a customer happy   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sephora

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sephora interview questions and advice. All 182 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Sephora employees and interview candidates.