Sephora

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in June 2012.

Interview Details I walked in to a Sephora and asked to speak with a manager about possibly hiring opportunities. I was given a application and filled it out on the spot. When I handed it to her, I was immediately invited to come back in a couple of days for a group interview. The interview consisted of 4 or 5 other people. We were asked basic customer service and behavioral questions. I was called back in a couple of days and offered a position.

Interview Question – All the questions were relatively easy if you have worked in the retail and customer service industry. Since the company has a very flexible return policy, they will probably ask you a behavioral questions along the lines of how you would handle a customer return that seemed unethical.   Answer Question

Costa Mesa, CA (US)

Interviewed at Sephora

Interview Details Did a group interview during the seasonal hiring process. After that waited a week before I got the call for a 2nd interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – What can you do to please the customer after finding out they are not satisfied with your overall service?   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in July 2011.

Interview Details Walking through the mall, I called the number on the cardboard front of a new Sephora that was opening. Left a voicemail and was called back same day for a short phone interview. At the end of the interview I was asked to come in for a 1:1 a week later, Since it was for a new store, I went to a different Sephora, met the Store Director and we walked to a coffee shop for the interview, it lasted about 25 minutes consisting of basic questions, employment history and some questions that were more about personality. I recieved a call a few days later to come in for a 2nd interview. Basically a repeat of the first and was called again for a 3rd but this time to meet with the area director. Talked with area director about same information, outdoors, informal setting. Got a call back from Store Director offering me the job about 3 days letter! Overall process took about a month, interviews were scheduled a week or so apart.

Interview Question – Talk about your "opportunities" - things you can work on   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I included my previous pay on my resume. When talk came about pay, I was asked what I was expecting and they offered reasonably close to those numbers.

Consultant

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora in January 2011.

Interview Details upbeat management, lots of excitement about working for sephora

Interview Question – tell me about a time that you had a difficult situation with a customer...and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they pay based on experience and is negotiable. There is no set pay scale so make sure to negotiate based on your skills

COnsultant Interview

Kennesaw, GA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Sephora in July 2009.

Interview Details I was first called and talked to about setting up an interview. Once the interview was set, I talked with the manager and co-manager of the store and was called to accept the job about a week later.

Interview Question – Explain a difficult situation you had with a customer and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sephora

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sephora Consultant interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sephora employees and interview candidates.