Sears Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
1,240 Interview Reviews

2.3

Senior Project Manager Interview

It took three months to get an interview. Once I got an interview I met with the PMO director for about an hour. The manager of the department was not available so I had to come back the following week for another interview. After reviewing with the manager I was supposed to get a signoff from the Senior director of Sears but she was let go. So I waited another two weeks until someone who replaced her could sign. After 4 and a half months I did manage to get the job. Shortly after the director quit. Not a very good process.

Interview Questions
    • Sears is letting numerous people go as we restructure. How will that effect your performance?   Answer Question
    Simple. They stated your salary and offered a vacation of three weeks and I accepted.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moncton, NB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moncton, NB

I applied online - interviewed at Sears in March 2012.

Was not detailed, but relaxing and low key interview, HR Lead was fantastic and he made me feel welcomed and at ease, got the answers without prying or trying to trip up

Offered 2 days after interview

Human Resources Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Abbotsford, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbotsford, BC

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sears in October 2012.

There was a screening interview followed by a second round of detailed interview with a two person committee. They also did a thorough back ground and reference check with at least three references.

Interview Questions
    • Retail is an exciting industry. How can you add to the excitement?   View Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saskatoon, SK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears in June 2014.

I sent resume online and because I missed the phone, so they sent me a email to confirm the interview time. During the interview, a lot of questions are similar, you need to give them a lot of details to approve your personality, and several example approve your qualities based on your relative work experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Manager gave me two different pen and ask me to show her how to sell these to customers.   Answer Question

MFT Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears.

3 questions went through a list. 3 words to describe you. What is customer service. It was quick easy. They needed people and apparently they went through a lot of managers.

Assistant Manager Interview

it was an ok process they asked me questions and i answered them honestly and to the best of my ability. The mens clothing selection at sears is really bad. Who even buys Arnold Palmer anymore? I mean unless you were a grandpa already in the 1980's nobody buys that stuff.

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sears in February 2011.

One on One meeting with VP - general explanation of the job... Very rushed and not exciting - made it seem like a paper pusher with no authority, Unclear of expectations/role - mainly a 'figure it out as we go ' and expect to do it wrong because you can never do the job right - interviewer was very negative about the company herself

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected - asked if had thick skin and could take being yelled at   Answer Question

Human Resources Lead Interview

No phone screen. Received call directly for a personal interview.

Sales Associate Interview

review your resume, phone interviews and personal interview with your managers

Manager Interview

4 interviews, 2 with directors, vp and hr

Interview Questions

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!