Sears Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

Human Resources Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Abbotsford, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbotsford, BC

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Sears in October 2012.

There was a screening interview followed by a second round of detailed interview with a two person committee. They also did a thorough back ground and reference check with at least three references.

Interview Questions
    • Retail is an exciting industry. How can you add to the excitement?   View Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saskatoon, SK
    Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears in June 2014.

I sent resume online and because I missed the phone, so they sent me a email to confirm the interview time. During the interview, a lot of questions are similar, you need to give them a lot of details to approve your personality, and several example approve your qualities based on your relative work experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Manager gave me two different pen and ask me to show her how to sell these to customers.   Answer Question

MFT Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears.

3 questions went through a list. 3 words to describe you. What is customer service. It was quick easy. They needed people and apparently they went through a lot of managers.

Assistant Manager Interview

it was an ok process they asked me questions and i answered them honestly and to the best of my ability. The mens clothing selection at sears is really bad. Who even buys Arnold Palmer anymore? I mean unless you were a grandpa already in the 1980's nobody buys that stuff.

Director Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sears in February 2011.

One on One meeting with VP - general explanation of the job... Very rushed and not exciting - made it seem like a paper pusher with no authority, Unclear of expectations/role - mainly a 'figure it out as we go ' and expect to do it wrong because you can never do the job right - interviewer was very negative about the company herself

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected - asked if had thick skin and could take being yelled at   Answer Question

Human Resources Lead Interview

No phone screen. Received call directly for a personal interview.

Sales Associate Interview

review your resume, phone interviews and personal interview with your managers

Manager Interview

4 interviews, 2 with directors, vp and hr

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sears in September 2013.

Got reference thru a friend and was called for a personal interview

Interview Questions
    • What is the attractive part of a customer service representative's job?   View Answer
    It was easy one step

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Sears in May 2010.

Get application from Catalogue Department or online, filled it up and submit on place or on line. Wait for a phone call from the HR. If your availability is good, your chances to be hired are bigger. Then they will schedule an interview with a manager. If the interview goes well, they will give you a conditional offer of employment based on the police background check.
    A week or two latter, if the background check is clear, you will be called to sign the final offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. they have their regulations. You either agree or you leave and do not accept the job

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!