Sears

Updated 4 Mar, 2015
1,391 Interview Reviews

2.3

Customer Service Desk Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears in February 2015.

Upon seeing job notification online, e-mailed my resume to General Manager stating my interest for the job. He called me for one one one interview and interview went well.After the interview asked for two piece of photo identification and told me that i will be called after the background security check.

Interview Questions
    • General Questions about my education ,availability, course length, previous jobs. What gets my interest in this job?,Explain a situation where i provided my best customer service   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newmarket, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Newmarket, ON

I applied online – interviewed at Sears in February 2015.

Sales Manager and HR person asked standard interview questions. Questions were related to the sales position. If you apply common sense questions were not difficult to answer. Interviewers were professional and pleasant.

Web Developer Interview

It was a skype interview. First there were HR questions such as tell me about yourself, your degree, why interested in the company.....
     and then followed by a programming question in any language of your choice. calculate the number of days between two dates, not hard but need to be careful

Interview Questions
    • HR question such as tell me about yourself and then followed by coding question, calculate the number of days between two dates, not hard   Answer Question

ARA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Easy process
    Of three interviews. Questions were behavioural and were the basic types from your previous
    Experiences. Also the managers interviewing are fairly easy to talk to and you have to make a conversation like you do normally. Nothing different in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • How many flights leave the pearson Airport on a daily basis.   Answer Question
    None

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON

I applied online – interviewed at Sears in January 2015.

I applied online though email since the mall website said to email resumes. I got a call a few weeks later to come in for an interview. The day of the interview I am half an hour early so I fill out an application form since I know they ask you to fill one out. I came with a spare resume, and everything. I go in and shake hands with the interviewer, she was really nice. Starts asking behavioural questions and asked why I left my last job. I was completely honest and she was really understanding. The interview went really great and she fixed me up for another interview with the head manager. A day before my interview with the manager, there's a snow storm and that was the only time it suppose to snow all week. She said that they will have to postpone it since he couldn't make it in for the next day and that he will call me to reschedule when he's in next. It's been a month and I haven't heard anything since. Luckily I found a better job. I don't know why he never called, or why she had to lie. If they lie to you before you get the job, I can imagine what it's like working there. They must not be very honest.

Interview Questions
    • You are given about 2 minutes to look over the benefits of their credit card and sell one to the interviewer when they come back.   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question
    • If your line was getting long, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you gave excellent customer service?   Answer Question

MCA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears in November 2014.

I applied at Sears in person on the Friday and the HR lady told me that she'll call me on Monday. On Monday the HR lady called me and set me and interview for the Wednesday and told me to bring two photo ID. Went to interview and she asked me one question and gave me a form to fill in and said come next wenesday for store tour and some paper work and today I went and she took our picture and said the manger will call us to let us know when our start date is.

Interview Questions
    Dress good and smile alot.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshawa, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Oshawa, ON

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears in November 2014.

After applying online, two days later I got a phone call asking me to come in. When I showed up early for my first of three interviews, no one knew who I was to see or that I was coming. So someone else met me, took me to a faraway office at the back of the store and started interviewing me with a template of questions.

Interview Questions
    • You're to make $5,000 CDN in sales daily. There's been no one in the store for the past four hours. How would you do this?   View Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

It took three months to get an interview. Once I got an interview I met with the PMO director for about an hour. The manager of the department was not available so I had to come back the following week for another interview. After reviewing with the manager I was supposed to get a signoff from the Senior director of Sears but she was let go. So I waited another two weeks until someone who replaced her could sign. After 4 and a half months I did manage to get the job. Shortly after the director quit. Not a very good process.

Interview Questions
    • Sears is letting numerous people go as we restructure. How will that effect your performance?   View Answer
    Simple. They stated your salary and offered a vacation of three weeks and I accepted.

MFT Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears.

3 questions went through a list. 3 words to describe you. What is customer service. It was quick easy. They needed people and apparently they went through a lot of managers.

Assistant Manager Interview

it was an ok process they asked me questions and i answered them honestly and to the best of my ability. The mens clothing selection at sears is really bad. Who even buys Arnold Palmer anymore? I mean unless you were a grandpa already in the 1980's nobody buys that stuff.