Sears Interview Questions

1,442 Interview Reviews

2.3

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Toronto, ON).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and did an initial interview with me over the phone. I was then asked to come to the head office to meet with the hiring buyer for the role.

Questions are completely unscripted and are up to the buyer to decide what they want to ask.

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears (Toronto, ON) in March 2015.

Interview

I have interviewed for several roles at this organization and all interviews have been a complete disaster on the interviewer's part.

On this occasion, I was contacted by a recruiter for an interview. I was scheduled to be interviewed by a Buyer.

He showed up to meet me without any prepared questions, and even asked me if I had brought a copy of my resume because he hadn't even looked at it which I thought was ridiculous, so be prepared.

The questions were a crap shoot which resulted in many awkward pauses as he stared at my resume trying to come up with something to say.

No notes of my responses were taken, because he had no pen or paper, and no interest was given in what I had to say.

Interviewing here was a COMPLETE waste of time, unless you are desperate, then you might want to give it a shot. It seemed like a "make work" interview to keep people busy and make it appear as if Sears Canada actually has positions to hire for, to give the image they aren't tanking as bad as the media suggests.

Never received any feedback nor any response from HR after reaching out to them.

I would never again consider working for this company given this experience as clearly hiring actual talent is not one of their priorities. Their interview process is a true embarrassment for a company that has been around for 60+ years.

Good luck!

Customer Service Desk Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears in February 2015.

Interview

Upon seeing job notification online, e-mailed my resume to General Manager stating my interest for the job. He called me for one one one interview and interview went well.After the interview asked for two piece of photo identification and told me that i will be called after the background security check.

Interview Questions

• General Questions about my education ,availability, course length, previous jobs. What gets my interest in this job?,Explain a situation where i provided my best customer service   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newmarket, ON

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears (Newmarket, ON) in February 2015.

Interview

Sales Manager and HR person asked standard interview questions. Questions were related to the sales position. If you apply common sense questions were not difficult to answer. Interviewers were professional and pleasant.

Web Developer Interview

Interview

It was a skype interview. First there were HR questions such as tell me about yourself, your degree, why interested in the company.....
     and then followed by a programming question in any language of your choice. calculate the number of days between two dates, not hard but need to be careful

Interview Questions

• HR question such as tell me about yourself and then followed by coding question, calculate the number of days between two dates, not hard   Answer Question

ARA Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Easy process
    Of three interviews. Questions were behavioural and were the basic types from your previous
    Experiences. Also the managers interviewing are fairly easy to talk to and you have to make a conversation like you do normally. Nothing different in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How many flights leave the pearson Airport on a daily basis.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears (Oakville, ON) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online though email since the mall website said to email resumes. I got a call a few weeks later to come in for an interview. The day of the interview I am half an hour early so I fill out an application form since I know they ask you to fill one out. I came with a spare resume, and everything. I go in and shake hands with the interviewer, she was really nice. Starts asking behavioural questions and asked why I left my last job. I was completely honest and she was really understanding. The interview went really great and she fixed me up for another interview with the head manager. A day before my interview with the manager, there's a snow storm and that was the only time it suppose to snow all week. She said that they will have to postpone it since he couldn't make it in for the next day and that he will call me to reschedule when he's in next. It's been a month and I haven't heard anything since. Luckily I found a better job. I don't know why he never called, or why she had to lie. If they lie to you before you get the job, I can imagine what it's like working there. They must not be very honest.

Interview Questions

• You are given about 2 minutes to look over the benefits of their credit card and sell one to the interviewer when they come back.   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question
    • If your line was getting long, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you gave excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sears in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted online application and got a response within 48 hours to set up the telephone interview with District HR manager. It was about an hour long interview. This was followed by face to face interview with a panel of two. It was a long and detailed interview lasting almost 90 minutes. Asked lots of behavioral and life skill questions. The atmosphere was very pleasant and congenital. Had another telephonic interview with the District Manager which was another 45 minutes.

Got the offer within 15 days from the time application was submitted.

Overall experience was good. Mostly questions related to behavior, life skills, retail management, sales and add on process, on boarding and initiative to enhance performance.

Interview Questions

• How will you transition into the new role and what will be your strategy to succeed?   Answer Question

MCA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears (Winnipeg, MB) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied at Sears in person on the Friday and the HR lady told me that she'll call me on Monday. On Monday the HR lady called me and set me and interview for the Wednesday and told me to bring two photo ID. Went to interview and she asked me one question and gave me a form to fill in and said come next wenesday for store tour and some paper work and today I went and she took our picture and said the manger will call us to let us know when our start date is.

Interview Questions

• Why should Sears hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Dress good and smile alot.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears (Oshawa, ON) in November 2014.

Interview

After applying online, two days later I got a phone call asking me to come in. When I showed up early for my first of three interviews, no one knew who I was to see or that I was coming. So someone else met me, took me to a faraway office at the back of the store and started interviewing me with a template of questions.

Interview Questions

• You're to make $5,000 CDN in sales daily. There's been no one in the store for the past four hours. How would you do this?   1 Answer