Schwan's Interview Questions

Updated 24 Sep, 2014
Updated 24 Sep, 2014

2.4

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview consisted of a 30 minute phone interview with a Senior Recruiter then a 1 hour interview with the hiring manager. Interview consisted of a review on my background and then some behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary was asked. Hardest questions were regarding sourcing techniques used.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Customer Specialist Interview

First there was a phone interview with human resources. Then I had one face-to-face interview with my soon to be boss. It was a situational interview. I was very lucky and they called me on the way home from the interview to offer me the job. I accepted the job the next day and was working in the office three weeks later.

RSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fremont, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Schwan's.

Standard interview about customer service and expectations of providing service to customers. Learning the products, pricing and territory easy. Ability to learn the truck, delivery and customer service left to other senior rsr's.

Interview Questions
    • Later, learned that the RSR handheld was 1980's equivalent. Also, GM had poor opinion on several customers in territory and was very bigoted and derogatory to supporting or helping customers with problems leaving me in a problem solving position.   Answer Question
    No negotiation provided or countered

District Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in July 2014.

I was first contacted by a Sr. Recruiter on the phone. That conversation lasted about 45 minutes, then was followed up by another phone interview. Following that, I went through a face-to-face interview with an HR manager at a Regional office, then a face-to-face interview with the Regional VP of the area. All interviews were a great experience. I was happy to see the type of qualities they were looking for like "Leadership qualities" instead of "Management capabilities".

That being said, I didn't get the job... but the experience was extremely pleasant. It inspired me to become a Schwan's customer.

Interview Questions
    • I was not surprised by any questions really... It felt more like a conversation between professionals than an interview in every case. One question was "can you describe some of your leadership philosophies?"   View Answer

Territory Sales Leader Interview

It was joke. No one knows what to ask. They had some paperwork and asked random template questions. Like what experience do you have. The rest was bragging about their company and their food and all was a big lie.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process included two separate interviews. I went through the first interview and was asked to come back for the second. I wasn't originally offered the job but did get a call back a few months after and was hired over the phone.

RSR Interview

2 interviews, background check took so long that I almost went to another job. Their background check company drags their feet and is very slow. Benefit package and compensation was not discussed very well with interviewee.

Route Sales Representative, Schwans Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in May 2014.

The interview process is a little drawn out compared to others. You have a total of four different interviews before they will get to an offer letter. The only thing that they stress to you in the process is that this position requires a lot of hours (12-13) per day. You have no say in where you would eventually be (geographically) if you are given a route. They did not inform me that they have NO PAID HOLIDAYS until after I had already participated in a 12 hour ride along and was on my second interview. They make it appear that the pay will be good until you actually start to hear from the route person that you ride with gives you the real story.

Interview Questions

Not worth it when you factor in the amount of hours versus the pay-it is almost like only making minimum wage with no overtime pay.

Route Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albuquerque, NM (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schwan's.

applied online and they called me that day...should have been clue they are needing people

no negotiation

RSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in March 2014.

Interview was very detailed, and you could ask any questions. Nothing held back. Everything explained as far as how the process works, including ride along, drug test, DOT physical, how they supply all your clothing, the discount on food, and how the pay system works.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to build new business?   View Answer
    All done thru the national recruiter. He was very good to work with, and everything that he said would happen, did. Very good process.

Worked for Schwan's? Contribute to the Community!