Schneider Interview Questions

Updated 1 Mar, 2015
Updated 1 Mar, 2015

2.9

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Schneider in February 2015.

Interview

First was an initial phone interview with HR (lasted 30 min), second was another phone interview with hiring manager (lasted 45 min) and third was a face-to-face interview with three individuals at once (lasted about an hour).

Everyone has their own interviewing process but the questions asked didn't really pertain to the job nor how my past experiences can contribute to the position. The questions were fairly easy but I was asked multiple at the same time. It seemed like they were trying to intimidate me and make me feel uncomfortable (most likely to see how I respond). At one point the interviewer said (kind of laughing) I'm playing stump the interviewer. I left this interview thinking that this might not be a place I want to work.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to think on your feet and make a spontaneous decision? How did the decision pan out?   Answer Question
    • What type of person do you find hardest to work with? Why? And how do you make it work?   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Schneider.

Interview

Great comminication, long process for hiring and onboarding. HR staff was friendly and helpful. Interview process seemed to have too many steps for a mid-range position. Would be helpful to know the whole process upfront to knwo what to expect in terms of their time frame.

Imaging Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schneider (Green Bay, WI (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

I just started the interview process. I had a phone interview and the lady was so very nice. I was made to feel very comfortable even though I was extremely nervous.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handle working with people that you don't get along with.   Answer Question

Carrier Sales Interview

Interview

Took a phone interview on which they scheduled and in person interview two carrier sales managers I was not impressed. From my understanding they wanted the world, but didn't want to pay.

Better opportunity came across,

Account Sales/Brokerage Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schneider (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

I was approached at a campus recruiting event at the University I attended. First, I took a phone interview that took 20 minutes. The phone interview included basic behavioral interview questions such as what are your goals, previous job experience, and the tell me about a time when...

After the phone interview, I was invited for an on-site interview. I was interviewed with two sales associates and was asked questions about my previous job experience, why i thought I was a good fit for the sales role, and in what situations I have shown leadership skills.

I was offered a job following that interview about a week after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you have faced a complex situation/faced with a difficult challenge that you had to overcome.   Answer Question

Driver Business Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Schneider.

Interview

Applied online. Process moves quickly, someone from office of opening will contact you and explain that someone from HR will call for a phone screening. HR does screening and quickly relays the information back to Recruiter or Division Manager within office. Time is set and the interview process takes about 3-5 hours with about 2-4 interviews. Questions are behavioral based and even do role playing scenarios in each interview. After being drained from answering all the questions, you may get an invite to go to lunch. After that you will be free to go, but as mentioned expect the process to be lengthy and thorough.

Interview Questions

• A role playing scenario will be presented usually in the form of working with someone who has a poor attitude, doesn't want to listen, or is just being difficult.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Simply take it or leave it because Schneider's budget "doesn't allow for it"

OTR Driver (Tanker) Interview

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Schneider (Columbia, SC (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Questions on driving experience, schools/training, driving record, employment history. They are very up front with you they tell you about the position the pros & cons & ask you if you're comfortable before moving on to the next topic.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation hired as a mid-level experienced driver

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schneider (Green Bay, WI (US)).

Interview

First there is a basic phone interview. It lasted about 25 minutes. They asked mostly past experience and behavioral questions. Then there was a panel interview if you pass through the first interview.

Received another job offer from a different company that I accepted.

Logistics Sales Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schneider (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview was a basic behavioral interview. Next day was invited for face-to-face. 2 panel interview: more basic behavioral questions. Then I spent time with an employee on the call floor. He explained how things worked, didn't really seem to dig his job. Following day was offered job.

35k base salary with no negotiations

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schneider (Dallas, TX (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

i interviewed in the Dallas office near downtown and the office was very dull and was surrounded by other offices on the same floor. The questions were typical of those you would expect in the sales job interview.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question for me was "What do you like to do for fun?"   Answer Question