Schneider Electric Applications Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 23 Feb, 2015

2.8

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Schneider Electric (Secaucus, NJ (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

The company visited my school and held 1 on 1 interviews. Asking basic questions about you and your views on the future. this was round 1 of 2. the second round was held at the secaucus office. where there were 2 more 1 on 1 interviews on the same day. Again, Very relaxed non technical questions. Be yourself and just tell the truth.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schneider Electric

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

Had two phone interviews- first was more get to know and second was a little more detailed interview about my resume. Had one in person interview and had to do a one hour presentation where questions were asked. Afterwards had a short interview that was more generic

Interview Questions

• Hardest part was giving the presentation for an hour- many questions popped up during this, a few that were tough   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews, one technical. Then on-site interview, which contained interview from different people in the morning, a lunch, and a tour in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Still no response yet.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

The first interview was a very short (30-45 min) phone interview. Typical behavioral interview questions and then four questions on their core values (Passionate, Open, Straightforward, Effective). Asked about my work style and how I did work.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you went above and beyond what was expected of you   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schneider Electric in March 2013.

Interview

I had an interview on campus with a recruiter. The interview focused mostly on my resume and about Schneider electric. I was invited to interview on site. There was a dinner the night before the interviews. The day consisted of 3 interviews, a tour, lunch, a brief presentation, and Q/A. Each interview consisted of a few behavioral questions. There were plenty of opportunities to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. Just general behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric in January 2013.

Interview

Quite long interview process. Went through the non typical university route, which appears to be the norm around here. Multiple phone interviews and then a face to face with 4 individuals. The whole process wasn't too bad. I was fairly informed through each step. There weren't long periods of no response/silence.

Interview Questions

• Basically talk about your previous experience. Mostly situational stuff and how you can handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Tried twice.

Application Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric (Cairo (Egypt)) in January 2012.

Interview

1. Technical exam: 4 questions to check the way-of-thinking, proposed problems don't need advanced mathematical tools or any previous courses revision, just focusing.

2. HR interview: no thing unique, ends by English writing exam.

3. Group head interview: it depends on the department itself.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schneider Electric in November 2011.

Interview

Contacted at career fair. Follow up with 1:1 interview on campus. Invited to larger interview in La Vergne, Three 1:1 interviews in La Vergne and office/manufacturing tour. Everyone was friendly, and did a great job showing what the company had to offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate someone in a group project to complete their share of the work?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schneider Electric in November 2011.

Interview

I had an on campus interview, and then had to take a personality test before moving on to the 2nd and final round of interviews. The on campus interview was pretty straight forward, you basic behavioral questions. The 2nd round interview was onsite, and it lasted from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. I was interviewed by three different managers, and then given a tour around the facility. All interview questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you had to solve a problem in a risky or creative way. Explain, the steps you took to come up with a solution and did it work?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schneider Electric (Memphis, TN (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

They fly you to the site and book you in a hotel. The next morning a shuttle comes to pick you up and take you to their facility. The day begins with a presentation regarding the company and its goals. Next, each department head gives a description of their department as well as the position available. (Interviews were for several positions.) Everyone is assigned an interviewer for a specified amount of time. The first interviewer asked generic behavioral questions. The next interviewer asked more technical questions regarding your resume. The last interviewer asked academic questions about classes taken as well as extra curricular activities. Next, you have lunch and get the chance to sit and talk with all of the interviewers to ask questions. Finally, you take a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• What is an exciter and how does it work?   1 Answer