Save the Children Interview Questions

Updated 24 Sep, 2014
Updated 24 Sep, 2014

2.9

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Save the Children in September 2014.

got a call from Beijing HQ office for scheduling an interview in Shanghai;
    the interview consists of one manager, one HR, and one HR from Beijing HQ (by phone);
    it lasts about half an hour;
    later they gave me 40 minutes to come out with an action plan, given a specific topic. It has to be in English.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what is my expected salary for this position, I said working in NGO has always been my dream and I know it perfectly that NGO is not a place for seeking big fortune. As long as it's reasonable I'm fine with it. Two days later they called me and gave me offer, the salary was satisfying, especially comparing to local NGOs in China.   View Answer

Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Save the Children.

Initial communications were clear via email and phone. The process can be longer as people travel within the company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Save the Children in March 2013.

There were two telephone interviews. The first was an initial screening with the department assistant. The second was with the hiring manager. Both were straightforward. I was asked to describe my relevant experience and how I could contribute to the team. I prepared by reading relevant Save the Children publications.

Interview Questions
    • What advice can you offer us for improving our organization?   View Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Save the Children.

The phone interview was set up via e-mail by and HR person how confirmed that she would initiate the call. Questions were general and then relied on the the position description.

The in person (1:1) interview was set up by one of the project team members.

The 1:1 interview was strange and somewhat unprofessional. The Interviewer was pleasant but seemed unprepared and inexperienced. For example, the interviewer had not previously reviewed my resume and left me in the interview room to get a drink. There were few questions about my work experience or technical skills. Interviewer asked personal questions and spoke more if his/her own experience and then basically insulted everyone who didn't work in her specific field.

Interview Questions
    • Have you spoken to your family about this position?   View Answer

Documentation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Save the Children in March 2012.

2 interviews i have gave.

Distribution/Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rājanpur, Punjab (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rājanpur, Punjab (Pakistan)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Save the Children in October 2011.

What is Distribution procedure?
    How to request the commodities for distribution?
    how to manage if any problem occurred at distribution point?
    What is SRF?
    What is Outlet Report?

Interview Questions
    • what will your first action if quarrel occurred in the community?   View Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Save the Children in June 2011.

First round of Telephonic Interview, if get shortlisted you would be called in for a 1:1 Interview round. Final round of Interview would be conducted to finalize the salary part. After all the discussions you would be asked to submit your previous employment documents and references if all is clear you will be contact to confirm the Date Of Joining.

Foold Security and Livelihoods Community Mobilization Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Save the Children in September 2010.

Save the Children conducted test to short list the candidates for interviews. After that shortlisted candidates were called for interviews. A panel of six persons including HR, Program, Child Protection conducted interviews.

Interview Questions
    • When the child rights ordnance passed in Pakistan   View Answer
    I only negotiated on salary............and posting place

Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Save the Children in March 2010.

After first being contacted for an interview, and finally going in for an interview, the hiring manager never contacted me to let me know that they had chosen another candidate. Save the Children is a very reputable organization, however this was not a good example of professionalism from one of their employees.

Interview Questions
    • How do you thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment?   View Answer

Communications Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Save the Children in August 2009.

It was a phone interview followed by a one on one. It was very competitive and I think most candidates were hugely overqualified for the position.