Sanjel Interview Questions

2.6

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sanjel in September 2013.

hiring process was quick and well managed, telephonic interview was also good. immediately called me for a personal interview and technical interviewhiring process was quick and well managed, telephonic interview was also good. immediately called me for a personal interview and technical interview

the management did not negotiate

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Red Deer, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Deer, AB

The process took a day - interviewed at Sanjel in May 2010.

A couple of weeks after applying through their web site an HR from Sanjel called and briefly wanted to know the usual "What do you know about Sanjel?, What was your favourite university course?, What do you know about the position?". After that the HR setup the interview a week later at the University. Then it was a 1 on 1 interview which consisted of the supervisor engineer explaining about the the various service lines with Sanjel. Not very difficult, wasn't behavioural based, it was all very casual chat.

Kinesiologist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sanjel in August 2014.

I applied online through the company website, and received a phone call from a Sanjel recruiter around 4 weeks later. I then played phone tag with the recruiter for about a week, before she left me a message telling me that she was scheduling an interview for me the next day, and that I should call her back to let her know if that time worked for me. On the voicemail she also explained that she was a recruiter, and the reason I could never get her on the phone was because she was in and out of meetings all day. She told me that if I confirmed the interview time, she would then send me a confirmation email. I did not receive an email until the next day, 2 hours before the scheduled interview time. Until I received that email I had no clue whether or not I had the interview time. Needless to say, I rushed to get ready and be at the interview on time. The atmosphere and the interview itself were really relaxed. Definitely not the most stressful interview I had been in.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were really not too difficult. They were average interview questions.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sanjel in July 2014.

Applied online, received initial email from recruiter about 2 to 3 weeks after that. Email politely requested a phone interview with recruiter to go over the position. Phone interview was relaxed and covered all the basics; education, experience, interest in the position, etc. This was the same recruiter I dealt with for the entire hiring process and we spoke several times as he kept me well updated. Next was a phone interview with the hiring manager for the position I had applied to. Then an in person 1 on 1 interview at Sanjel. All communication was relaxed and straight forward. It definitely helped that I was already familiar with the position and the requirements. Entire process from initial application to offer took about 5 weeks. All in all interviewing with Sanjel was the best of the companies I formally interviewed with, and I was consistently impressed with the level of courtesy, professionalism, and enthusiasm I was shown. It played a major role in my acceptance of the offer I received.

Interview Questions
    • No behavioral/scenario/hypothetical questions. All questions were related to the job, how your experience/education prepared you for it, are you prepared for the shifts/hours/environment, how much do you know about Sanjel, etc.   Answer Question
    Not a lot of room for negotiation, more of a take it or leave it offer.

Field Engineer Interview

Typical. Asking normal questions to a college-age candidate looking for a first job. Not familiar with US customs, obviously foreign ideals. Decent interview overall. Would not recommend for or against.

Driver, Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miles City, MT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miles City, MT (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sanjel in September 2012.

Hiring process very meticulous. Had to have every detail done in full, faxed back and forth with Denver Office for 3-4 days. Bounced between people and departments before interview. Communication about status not always clear or precise. Interview was not too hard, no room for negotiation on salary. Found out later that they probably weren't as selective as I was led to believe, so I had little reason to be nervous.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing significant. I don't remember any real difficult questions.   Answer Question
    I found no room for negotiations as an entry-level employee.

Frac Driver Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sanjel in January 2012.

Everything was easy. I had my cdl learners permit and they liked me. I got a drug test right away and was told I am a shoe in so I just waited for a call back with an offer. I had to chase my offer becuase my file was misplaced at the office. My friend who was interviewed at the same time recieved his call a week before i did, which was three days after the innitial interview. I later went through the physical test and passed and at the last minute before I recieved my start date orders which I was told to be on the following Monday, I was told my back ground check was bad and I will get a letter telling me about it. They could not hire me though. Very dissapointing call when I was all packed. I am as squeeky clean as it gets so that back ground check must go back to the over due book at the library when I was ten.

Interview Questions
    • What is your most important quality and how will it help our company?   Answer Question

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Williston, ND (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williston, ND (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sanjel in October 2011.

The Company was advertised on Craigslist. I contacted the recruiting department and discussed my qualifications and was given an application. There was an urgency on their part and they scheduled an interview in my home area, nearly 1000 miles from the job location. I didn't take the job initially, but I called back one year later and got an interview with who would be my direct supervisor and was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think the head mechanic at your last job didn't like you?   View Answer
    The manager told me my salary would be low twenties per hour. That was more than I expected, and when Recruiting sent me the official offer, It was twenty two. So there realy wasn't any negotiation on my part.

Pumping Services Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sanjel in April 2011.

Quick and painless, but disorganized. People are very friendly and helpful. Starts with a group session, just information only no questions in here. Then on to a one on one interview with hiring manager. Had an offer the following week. Pre employment testing includes a physical test, e.g. lifting and moving heavy objects.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any, just a general please describe your experience.   Answer Question

Equipment Operator Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Sanjel in December 2010.

It was very disorganized.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sanjel? Contribute to the Community!