Sandvine Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sandvine in February 2015.

Interview

Simply embarrassing for Sandvine. I reached out to the HR person who posted an opportunity on Linkedin she got back me pretty quickly to set up a first interview a couple of days later. When the time arrived, no one called. I emailed the HR person, who emailed me back much later the same day explaining she had been detained in meetings. She asked if we could reschedule - I agreed. I provided a few times I was available over the next few days and didn't hear from the HR person again until after all of those suggested times had passed. When she emailed me again, she apologized once more and asked for new possible times to chat. I again provided a few options - and the same thing happened again; no response until all of the possible times had lapsed. When the HR person emailed me again (once more apologizing and asking me for times to discuss the role), I responded by asking her to suggest a few times to me. I never got a response. Truly amateur experience.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer has to actually show up for the interview to be able to share questions.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sandvine (Montreal, QC) in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 6 people in 5 interviews, all phone based, very professional, to the point and we spoke about background benefits and business examples. Also, personal experience and future ways to solve challenges.

Interview Questions

• Business, market and technical knowledge of my role. Also we discussed about some examples.   1 Answer

Alliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sandvine (Waterloo, ON) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very straightforward. I received a message from the HR Partner and the next day we had a pre-screening Skype call (position was abroad). Very nice interview, I was asked about my experience and willingness to move to a new Company/Position. Interview took around 30 minutes.
    As soon as she identified me as a candidate, she setup an interview with the hiring manager and the person currently in the open position. In less than a week I had three interviews with them and I received an offer.
    We have multiple back and forth messages related to the offer. I received very quick and precise answers to all my questions from the HR department and the hiring manager. I accepted the position.
    All the hiring process took around 3 weeks, less than any other hiring process I have been involved.

Interview Questions

• As I didn't have previous experience as Alliance Manager, they asked me about why I was a good candidate for this role   Answer Question

Interview

HR department sent an email about interview appointment, then called and did the screen interview. There are some technical questions being asked during the screen interview. The questions are about basic embedded software programming for networking. The whole process is very professional, and the person in HR is very nice.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sandvine (Waterloo, ON) in June 2012.

Interview

phone interview followed by tech f2f , good tech qs l2/l3 switching

Negotiation

quick

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sandvine (Toronto, ON) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online through university and recieved an invitation to a 1 on 1 interview.
    The interview was approximately an hour and it had a combination of behaviour and problem solving questions. Less technical but more puzzle solving type questions. Received an email a week after the interview with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• You have 9 marbles which are all the same weight, except for one which is slightly
      heavier than the others. You also have an old?style balance, which allows you to weigh two piles of marbles to see which one is heavier (or if they are of equal weight). What is the fewest number of weighings that you can make which will tell you which marble is the heavier one ?

3 Answers
    • Write code to find duplicates in a sorted array and delete them.   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between a link list and a double link list and what is the difference between a stack and a heap?   1 Answer
    • Your friend has a program which he builds automatically each day. He is going away for 10 days and he asks you to look at the build results each day and let him know the day the build fails. He comes back on the 11th day and his boss asks him about the build results. You forget to monitor the build results and when you check on the 11th day, the result is a fail. How would you tell which day the build failed in the least number of tries by looking at the results.   1 Answer
    • A pizza delivery guy charges 10 dollar flat fee if he has to drive 10km. He charges 5 dollars extra if he has to drive 20 km or more. If he has to climb up steps to deliver he charges another extra dollar, and if there is a dog, he charges another extra dollar. List all of the different combinations.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sandvine (Waterloo, ON) in September 2011.

Interview

There were the sequence of 1:1 interviews with Director, Manager, SW architect. Mainly behavioral questions and I told my stores and the examples of my projects.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Tcl?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was good, I accepted as was presented.
    Ask more about job and projects - there is a stupid Tcl script everywhere.

Network Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sandvine (Waterloo, ON) in March 2011.

Interview

A phone interview was setup with by a recruiter at waterloo. she was very polite and communicated efficiently. interview consisted of both behavioral and technical questions for example what do you know about this company and why do you want to join us, what is your experience with networking etc. Technical part consisted of TCP and UDP protocols and basic UNIX commands

Interview Questions

• what UNIX commands do you use to make a directory,list a directory and view the running process   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between UDP and TCP and list examples of such protocols   Answer Question
    • Describe your home network ad what is the difference btw a blue and green network cable   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sandvine (Waterloo, ON) in October 2010.

Interview

fairly straight forward HR interview.

Embedded Software Engineer - - New Grad Interview

Application

Interview

HR called and for 20 minutes she is recording my answer. Barely no meaningful communications. You do not know how detail and how technical you should describe your previous experience.