Sandvine

Relevance Date Difficulty

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer

Interviewed at Sandvine

Interview Details HR department sent an email about interview appointment, then called and did the screen interview. There are some technical questions being asked during the screen interview. The questions are about basic embedded software programming for networking. The whole process is very professional, and the person in HR is very nice.

Interview Question – Four type castings in C++   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Contractor
Waterloo, ON

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sandvine in June 2012.

Interview Details phone interview followed by tech f2f , good tech qs l2/l3 switching

Negotiation Details – quick

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer
Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Sandvine in October 2011.

Interview Details Applied online through university and recieved an invitation to a 1 on 1 interview.
The interview was approximately an hour and it had a combination of behaviour and problem solving questions. Less technical but more puzzle solving type questions. Received an email a week after the interview with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• You have 9 marbles which are all the same weight, except for one which is slightly
    heavier than the others. You also have an old?style balance, which allows you to weigh two piles of marbles to see which one is heavier (or if they are of equal weight). What is the fewest number of weighings that you can make which will tell you which marble is the heavier one ?
      View Answers (3)
  • Write code to find duplicates in a sorted array and delete them.   View Answer
  • What is the difference between a link list and a double link list and what is the difference between a stack and a heap?   View Answer
  • Your friend has a program which he builds automatically each day. He is going away for 10 days and he asks you to look at the build results each day and let him know the day the build fails. He comes back on the 11th day and his boss asks him about the build results. You forget to monitor the build results and when you check on the 11th day, the result is a fail. How would you tell which day the build failed in the least number of tries by looking at the results.   View Answer
  • A pizza delivery guy charges 10 dollar flat fee if he has to drive 10km. He charges 5 dollars extra if he has to drive 20 km or more. If he has to climb up steps to deliver he charges another extra dollar, and if there is a dog, he charges another extra dollar. List all of the different combinations.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Waterloo, ON

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sandvine in September 2011.

Interview Details There were the sequence of 1:1 interviews with Director, Manager, SW architect. Mainly behavioral questions and I told my stores and the examples of my projects.

Interview Question – What do you know about Tcl?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was good, I accepted as was presented.
Ask more about job and projects - there is a stupid Tcl script everywhere.

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Waterloo, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sandvine in March 2010.

Interview Details Whole process was really fast, on Monday I was called for first interview and on Wednesday I was again called for interview with manager and director. Everything went great and was told to wait for email offer which i accepted.

Network Support Technician Interview

Network Support Technician
Waterloo, ON

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sandvine in March 2011.

Interview Details A phone interview was setup with by a recruiter at waterloo. she was very polite and communicated efficiently. interview consisted of both behavioral and technical questions for example what do you know about this company and why do you want to join us, what is your experience with networking etc. Technical part consisted of TCP and UDP protocols and basic UNIX commands

Interview Questions

• what UNIX commands do you use to make a directory,list a directory and view the running process   Answer Question
  • What is the difference between UDP and TCP and list examples of such protocols   Answer Question
  • Describe your home network ad what is the difference btw a blue and green network cable   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer - - New Grad Interview

Embedded Software Engineer - - New Grad
Waterloo, ON

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sandvine in October 2010.

Interview Details HR called and for 20 minutes she is recording my answer. Barely no meaningful communications. You do not know how detail and how technical you should describe your previous experience.

Very Easy Interview

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Waterloo, ON

Interview Details fairly straight forward HR interview.

Interview Question – general HR questions   Answer Question

Network Support Technician Interview

Network Support Technician
Waterloo, ON

The process took a day - interviewed at Sandvine in June 2010.

Interview Details The phone call was via Skype. It was a pleasant phone call by the HR lady. She was very nice. It first started off with basic questions about yourself and where you are currently working. Then she gets into entry level technical questions. She is not technical herself, she's just reading questions that are on the paper. She will record all your answers and forward them to the hiring manager where they will screen..

Some basic technical questions may throw you off as they are questions that you don't deal with from day to day work. You just have to remember from experience... Questions like "How many pins are on a RJ45 connector?"

Overall, it was a good interview... They called me for a second interview which will consist of 2 technical people. I have a good feeling I'm going to be raped on these questions as I read online from people's past experience, they go really in depth...

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between the blue and green Ethernet cable?   View Answer
  • How many pins are on the RJ45 connector?
    How many pins are on the RJ45 gigabit connector?
      View Answer
  • What is the unix command to list?   View Answer
  • What is your home network setup?   View Answer
  • What is the difference between TCP and UDP?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Waterloo, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sandvine in May 2008.

Interview Details Initially had a phone interview, with mostly questions about my resume. At the end of the phone interview I got invited for an onsite interview.

The in-person interview consisted mostly of technical questions, as well as detailed questions about my previous jobs. At the end I was given a tour of the building, and received an offer a few days later.

Interview Question – Explain in detail how you solved a specific technical problem at a previous job   Answer Question

Worked for Sandvine? Contribute to the Community!