SanDisk Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct, 2014
Updated 20 Oct, 2014

3.1

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SanDisk.

directly got contacted by HR to give a technical interview by hiring manager. The interview questions are quite simple and common, mainly about electrical circuits. Just need to go over the basics once, and know the basic electrical devices very well. better to know floating -gate MOSFET very well, because the memory product is mainly based on this.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

ASIC design engineer position. Interview after job fair, and ask question about circuit deisgn, boolean equation, setup and hold time, and CMOS working theory. Latch waveform. It's not too difficult but need quick response

Digital Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SanDisk in October 2014.

College Career Fair. Got a call the same day for an interview scheduled the next day.
    45 mins interview. Asked all design questions--ranging from Ids/Vds characteristics of a MOSFET to sequence detector.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SanDisk in October 2014.

I met the recruiter in the career fair at our campus. He asked me basic questions related to my resume and projects. He asked questions related to memory controller which was related to one of my projects on DD3 memory controller design. It was for an intern position.

Field Marketing Interview

The Interview was very relaxed and wasn't at all stressful. My first interview the recruiter looked at my resume and said she really didn't need to ask any more questions and was happy to move me on to the next round. The second interview took a little bit more convincing and more analytic questions, but overall just being yourself and being excited and not nervous were the top things that helped my interview. They were also both first and second round Skype interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SanDisk.

Campus Recruitment- Multiple eliminating rounds
    1. written test- Aptitude(Mandatory) +Electronics/VLSI + C Coding + Systems
         (Subjective questions included)
    2. Technical Interview 1
    3. Technical Interview 2 (More interviews can be held depending on performance)
    4. HR Round

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SanDisk in August 2014.

written test , tech interview , HR
    tech interview was based on FSM,memory,digital, gates, etc
    ques from written exams were asked
    In HR projects & internship , fursther studies plan , family background , abt urself

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manipala (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manipala (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SanDisk in August 2014.

There were totally 4 rounds of interview

1st round: There were 3 sections. Written Test. (There was negative marking-0.25)
    1st sec was aptitude(10 ques-MCQ): Refer RS Agarwal.
    2nd sec was C programming(10 ques MCQ and 2 Programming): MCQ were very basic C question. The 1st programming question was:
    if(<condition>)
    printf("Hello");
    else
    printf("World");
    Give a condition such that Hello World is printed.
    Answer: <condition> = (printf("Hello")&&0)
    2nd Programming question:
    Write a program to read a file and search for a string
    3rd Sec was about hardware(I couldn't answer all because my stream was Information Technology)

2nd round: It was the 1st technical interview. He asked me to explain about the project. Asked questions on my project. Asked me to write a C code to send bit by bit via GPIO. He asked me a simple aptitude kind of question(Just to see the way you think)

3rd round:It was the 2nd technical interview. He asked me to tell about volatile keyword in c. Then he asked me to declare array of function pointer. He then asked me how interrupts work?

4th round: It was HR interview. He asked me to tell something that is not there in my resume. He asked to tell about myself. How many companies did i sit before this and why was i rejected?

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at SanDisk in August 2014.

I got call from consultancy.
    1) 1st Round -> Telephonic . Simple question based on C and Kernel
    2) 2nd, 3rd and 4th Round -> Onsite Managre Round -> Mostly question on Projects
    3) 5th and 6th Round -> Face to Face Round

HR said they will call, but they not respond.
    Worst ever experience.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Test with 4 sections.Aptitude,electronics,programing with 2 code, and some more questions related to electronics.Aptitude was normal but if u r a softwae engineer its tough to crack the other section.