SanDisk Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

3.1

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

directly got contacted by HR to give a technical interview by hiring manager. The interview questions are quite simple and common, mainly about electrical circuits. Just need to go over the basics once, and know the basic electrical devices very well. better to know floating -gate MOSFET very well, because the memory product is mainly based on this.

Firmware Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

Only C programming , bitwise operators , string problems , linked list problems ,
    about the project few questions were there.
    about the project few questions were there

Firmware Engineer Interview

Interview

on campus and phone interview, it just asked about your resume. I think my answer is good, but I didn't get an on site interview. I don't know why. And they also didn't reply me whether I was refused.

WW Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

1 phone interview with HR manager and then the next day an in person interview with VP of Marketing and direct hiring manager. The phone interview was standard HR questions. The in person interview was 4 hours in total. 3 hours interviewing and 1 hour for paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What is one area of technology you wish you had more experience/knowledge   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SanDisk (Chandler, AZ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy interview, but long hiring process.
    Applied through college career fair. Followed up with hiring manager. Interview was scheduled after a month.
    Got the offer after a week of the interview.

Interview was of 2hours totally. 1 to 1 with 4 interviewers (30mins each).
    Questions mostly based on resume and academic projects.

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied on career fair. On the next day, I got an on-campus interview, it's easy. One week later, I got an on-site interview invitation. HR scheduled the interview for me.

Senior Demand Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was good. They asked basic questions about my experience and few behavioral questions.
    They are very unprofessional, they asked me whether I am engaged (seeing the ring! How does it matter to them) and did the same person referred me to the job. They even mentioned that since the job has a lot of cross functional duties I have to be liked by a lot of people. How does it matter, I haven't even joined and how can anyone predict whether I will be like-able or not They asked mea lot of questions which makes no sense to the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

Contacted through HR and arranged a phone interview, and took a week to fix a date, and got a phone interview from a director of the device engineering and went through the introduction of the company and the routine role of the jobs, and asked about 10 device related questions, went though the research work a little bit, etc.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter within a few weeks. I then scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. We had a short conversation and I spoke to her about my relevant experience and she explained the position a bit more. I was then invited for an in-person interview and met with 4 people. They asked me questions about my relevant experience, as well as some situational questions, such as: When was a time you faced a problem in the workplace? How did you deal with it? Why do you want to work for SanDisk? Why this role?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was necessary, they offer a very competitive package.

Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

1. technical phone interview
    half an hour.
    All sorts of technical questions ranging from, tell the difference between C and Java, how to basic RF questions. If you cannot pass this, there are serious problems about your studies in your school. Should not need to prepare yourself other than read the job requirements.

At this stage, they only ask basic academic questions

I answered correctly most of them

2. on-site technical interview
    whole afternoon
    five staff of the group,interviewing your one by one.They will fly you in and reimburse your expenses. However, the rules of reimbursement are not so clear. They do not have good guidance like Nvidia.

questions range from CMOS device physics, floating gate physics to software algorithm such as sorting, walking through lines of code in C/C++

Got results after one month. I think I did okay for a new graduate posting and answered roughly 70% correctly. But they did not give me offer. Sigh, I really think it was a great match.

I don' think they found a better candidate because they changed the posting from entry level(new grad) Test Development Engineer to senior Test Development Engineer. I wonder why myself.

Interview Questions

• questions ranges from CMOS device physics, floating gate physics to software algorithm such as sorting   Answer Question