Samsung Electronics America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in February 2012.

Interview Details C- test including balanced binary tree, pthread API's

lots of pointers questions, debugging, memory allocation

Interview Question – Balanced binary tree code!!   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in December 2010.

Interview Details Presentation and personality interview

Interview Question – How do you think future on telecommunication service?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in December 2009.

Interview Details Very rigorous interview process, on a par with Google...but the make decisions faster.

Recruiter very personable. Interviewers friendly. Admin assistant barely uttered a word, just showed me to a room and gave me a pretty challenging paper-and-pencil skills test. Spoke with several current employees, ate in the company cafeteria. One person described the salary and benefits, which were outstanding.

Returned for a second round, where the director had several programming tests for me, including one I answered by email that nite. All in all, they are working to make sure they hire only top-flight people.

Reason for Declining – Chose to work at a pre-IPO company instead.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Samsung Electronics America

Worked for Samsung Electronics America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Samsung Electronics America Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Samsung Electronics America employees and interview candidates.