Sam's Club

Updated 16 Nov, 2014
Updated 16 Nov, 2014

2.4

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club in November 2014.

I applied on a Saturday, received a call on Sunday to come in for an interview on Monday. Monday I went in for the interview and talked to a very nice woman who asked only 3 questions. (I will list below with a (1) next to it). So after that interview she asked if I could come back to speak with another manager later that day. I came back at the set later time and spoke with a man who was extremely friendly you can really tell he cared about his employees and their careers. Anyways He said he was supposed to ask the exact same questions as the first woman but he said he really just wanted to get to know me and who I was. after about 4 minutes he said he wanted to offer me the job and I could start Tuesday. He left the room to get some paperwork and came back to get me so I could meet with a 3rd woman who asked basic question (Will list below with a (3) next to it). So she went over the pay scale with me asked if this pay was alright with me. We filled out paper work and went over the job description. Then she gave me directions and papers to take to the drug test/background testing place. She said if everything came back clean I would get a call Tuesday morning. Later Monday night I got a call from the 2nd interviewer and he said everything was clean and asked if I was ready to go Tuesday for orientation. So that was the whole process, the only things I did not like was I was not told I was going to have to wait in line at the member service desk for them to page them to tell them I was here. So I suggest to come in for your interview 30 minutes early (I always do so I wasn't late thankfully I hate being late!) in case there is a long line at the desk. I waited about 20 minutes in line, then I waited another 15 minutes at the cafe for both interviews.

Interview Questions
    • (1) 1. Tell me about a time when you and a co worker came to a disagreement, how did you handle the situation and what did you learn from it?

1. Why do you want to work for Sams Club?
      2. How do you feel about having to make sales for the plus card?
      4. How long would you like to stay with the company?
        Answer Question
    • (1) 2. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation, how did you handle it and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • (1) 3. Tell me about a task you had to finish, how did you handle it and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • (3) 1. Why do you want to work for Sams Club?   Answer Question
    • (3) 2. How do you feel about having to make sales for the plus card?
      (3) 3. How do you feel about doing other tasks aside from running the cash register?
      (3) 4. How long would you like to stay with the company?
        Answer Question
    Pay is based off experience. They offered me a dollar more than what I asked for so I didn't really feel a need to negotiate.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Applied online, received a call to schedule interview 2 weeks later. Interview included answering pre-set questions(Relate a time you had to convince someone w/a different opinion to change their mind, etc). Then I completed some paperwork re: pre-employment background check. Given paperwork to go for drug test w/in 24hrs.

Interview Questions
    • Relate a time when you had to convince someone of a different opinion than your own.   Answer Question
    • Relate a time when you had a number of tasks to complete, and how you decided to do what, when.   Answer Question

Pay rate was too low.

Electronic/Tech Lead Interview

I applied for a retail position. I was called in for a interview with the hiring personnel. I was offered a position. On the spot. Competitive wages.Full or part time. I was given a drug test,passed, the. I was told my profile survey had not passed. So I re took the assessment and I was scheduled for orientation. Electronics Lead POS. Very Pleased. I am also a Associate of Applied Science. Drafting + Design. 5 star process

Interview Questions
    • I was told that my assessment registered non competitive, so I retook the assessment and I passed   View Answer
    Very 1/2/3

Fresh Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sam's Club.

Behavioral interviews. Answer questions using start method. Two interviews. Phone then panel. Everyone was really nice during the process and they were very knowledgeable about the company and outlook.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about time you had to handle a difficult situation.   View Answer
    No negotiations.

General Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club.

3 panel interview proces, generally including your district manager and 2 other general managers from company prepared interview documents. The questions are situational to include questions that start with " Tell me about a time when...." they will include leadership questions as well as integrity and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a stretch budget to meet and you knew that at your current trend you were not going to make budget. How were you able to meet the budget while keeping the integrity of the company in tact, as well as maintaining positive moral with your managers and associates.   View Answer
    I was a new General manager at the time so i did not negotiate salary. I accepted the salary as lined out for a non-metro club.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sam's Club in October 2014.

The hiring process was pretty easy, i applied they called in about 1-2 weeks and interviewed very fast they did my first and second interview same day and i even took my drug test the same day, they offered my a different position than which i applied but ended up hiring me two week later for cashier, but then switched me to another position (for health concerns) before my CDL (online class training) was completed.

Interview Questions
    • the questions we super easy to me, they just asked about my past jobs and what i did and how well i was with customers and dealing with situations with customers   View Answer
    There wasnt much room for negotiation they offered me pay i asked so i was satisfied

Gas Station Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sam's Club.

I applied in the store on the kiosk as these applications have priority over the online applicants. i was called back a week after i applied and was asked to come in for an interview. I interviewed with two people at the time, the front end manager and the front end lead supervisor. Both asked general questions like "tell me a bout a time you had to deal with a difficult situation or member."
    Both interviews combined probably lasted about 45 minutes. I think it was a few days before i got a call back asking to do a drug test. I went in and they sent me to one just a few minutes down the street. I was also offered the job the same day.

Interview Questions
    • they asked something along the lines of " tell me about a time when you had a diffucult or unsatisfied customer or situation and how did you resolve it?"   Answer Question
    when i went in for the job offer they had me read my job duties and either accept or decline. then they said they would start me off at $10 which i didn't ask for more at the time because it was more then my previous job. I accepted the position

Membership Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in September 2014.

Two interviews total. First, interviewer explained the position and ask if I had related job experiences. Went on the ask 5 questions on how I could handle or relate to a similar circumstance in my work setting. Second interview was with the Manager. Offered the position, but still waiting to hear back. Process is taking a few weeks now.

Interview Questions
    • What are some distractions or things that will get in your way of doing things?   Answer Question
    Did not get to negotiate.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverdale, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverdale, UT (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in September 2014.

My interview at the Riverdale Utah Sams Club..... Where do i start? My first interview went well. They scheduled me for my second and third interviews which would be on the next Thursday. They said they would call me to tell me the time. When Thursday came around they never called. I called them and they apologized and told me to come in the next day to have my final interview with the manager. When i went in the next day for the final interview, they told me the manager was not there. They had me wait awhile and she suddenly showed up. She looked and talked like she was high on drugs. She informed me that she did not have my interview packet because she forgot it. However, she said that i could start screening/orientation the next week. She said they would call me to finalize the time. Guess what? They never called. I don't know about you but I DON'T WANT TO WORK FOR SUCH AN UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY. Personally, i make good on what i say! And i'm proud of it! This place is a joke! They have no idea who is in charge or what they are doing! Apply to COSTCO! They pay more anyway!

Interview Questions
    • ''I'm Sorry, I forgot your interview packet and will not be able to interview you today.''   View Answer

I want to work at a company that is honest and has integrity. This is not Sams Club.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

I had 2 interviews one with front end manager, and cos. they asked the typical questions. some questions were worded like the assessment test on the application. the interview can be a little confusing the way the word some to the questions.