Sam's Club Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep, 2014
Updated 26 Sep, 2014

2.3

Gas Station Attendant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sam's Club.

I applied in the store on the kiosk as these applications have priority over the online applicants. i was called back a week after i applied and was asked to come in for an interview. I interviewed with two people at the time, the front end manager and the front end lead supervisor. Both asked general questions like "tell me a bout a time you had to deal with a difficult situation or member."
    Both interviews combined probably lasted about 45 minutes. I think it was a few days before i got a call back asking to do a drug test. I went in and they sent me to one just a few minutes down the street. I was also offered the job the same day.

Interview Questions
    • they asked something along the lines of " tell me about a time when you had a diffucult or unsatisfied customer or situation and how did you resolve it?"   Answer Question
    when i went in for the job offer they had me read my job duties and either accept or decline. then they said they would start me off at $10 which i didn't ask for more at the time because it was more then my previous job. I accepted the position

Membership Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in September 2014.

Two interviews total. First, interviewer explained the position and ask if I had related job experiences. Went on the ask 5 questions on how I could handle or relate to a similar circumstance in my work setting. Second interview was with the Manager. Offered the position, but still waiting to hear back. Process is taking a few weeks now.

Interview Questions
    • What are some distractions or things that will get in your way of doing things?   Answer Question
    Did not get to negotiate.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club.

I had 2 interviews one with front end manager, and cos. they asked the typical questions. some questions were worded like the assessment test on the application. the interview can be a little confusing the way the word some to the questions.

Cafe Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sam's Club.

I applied online and I got a call to come in 2 days later. My first interview Was fairly easy, only about 5 questions that referred to my past work experience. My second interview was the same day about an hour later with the manager. The second interview was a bit harder for me only cause he spoke pretty fast. It made me a bit more nervous. He asked me questions referring to what I learned from my previous interview and what I know about working in the food industry. He had also asked me questions referring to my past work experience. He told me to come in the next day for my backround check and and drug test. For the background check, I spoke to the general manager for quite a bit, he asked me a few questions. Then he had me sign stuff and I left to go get the drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when have to finish something important in a short amount of time, how did you come about finishing it?   Answer Question
    • What's your definition of reliable?   Answer Question
    • If you were trying to sell me something, what would you say and how would you do it?   Answer Question

Member Service Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2014.

Interviewed twice. First interview was pretty general questions followed by the same in the second interview. accepted position and then told will be called back to set up drug screening and background check. The total process should take about a week. Workplace had an upbeat fast paced attitude. Like the fact that you don't wear a uniform. Management was very professional and the store was very clean. There is plenty of room for advancement..

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2014.

The interview was relatively straight forward. Am assessment was given online after submitting an application, asking what would you do and what means the most to you questions. It is a huge plus to have a referral from someone who works their on your application, as those are apparently what they the most attention for.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just knowing what to do in a team oriented customer service surrounding.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. $9.40 an hour.

Cashier Interview

did a computer test, must have pass since i received a call and was scheduled for a face to face interview had behavioral questions and then the second part they ask you about your preferred pay and advise you on how much this position normally pays and ask if you are comfortable with the pay, afterwards they advise they will get in touch for a final interview where you meet the store manager

Team Leader Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club.

sams club asks multiple choice scenario questions about past experiences and hypotheticals. for instance name a time when you showed excellent leadership skills or if a co worker isn't being productive how would you handle it

non existent

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fishkill, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishkill, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in July 2014.

I applied online then got a phone call a few weeks later to setup a interview and so I did and went to my interview and my interview was with one of the managers right in the middle of the store

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current job   View Answer

I already had gotten a job offer with another company

Photo Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vero Beach, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in July 2014.

it was easy. they asked the usual questions. like, when was a time in your life that you identified a problem and what were the steps you used to fix the problem. what are your weakness'. what are your strengths. the whole hiring process took about 3 weeks. the supervisor, manager and general manager interviewed me on the same day. the background check took the longest.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!