Sam's Club Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct, 2014
Updated 22 Oct, 2014

2.4

Electronic/Tech Lead Interview

I applied for a retail position. I was called in for a interview with the hiring personnel. I was offered a position. On the spot. Competitive wages.Full or part time. I was given a drug test,passed, the. I was told my profile survey had not passed. So I re took the assessment and I was scheduled for orientation. Electronics Lead POS. Very Pleased. I am also a Associate of Applied Science. Drafting + Design. 5 star process

Interview Questions
    • I was told that my assessment registered non competitive, so I retook the assessment and I passed   View Answer
    Very 1/2/3

Fresh Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sam's Club.

Behavioral interviews. Answer questions using start method. Two interviews. Phone then panel. Everyone was really nice during the process and they were very knowledgeable about the company and outlook.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about time you had to handle a difficult situation.   View Answer
    No negotiations.

General Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club.

3 panel interview proces, generally including your district manager and 2 other general managers from company prepared interview documents. The questions are situational to include questions that start with " Tell me about a time when...." they will include leadership questions as well as integrity and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a stretch budget to meet and you knew that at your current trend you were not going to make budget. How were you able to meet the budget while keeping the integrity of the company in tact, as well as maintaining positive moral with your managers and associates.   View Answer
    I was a new General manager at the time so i did not negotiate salary. I accepted the salary as lined out for a non-metro club.

Gas Station Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sam's Club.

I applied in the store on the kiosk as these applications have priority over the online applicants. i was called back a week after i applied and was asked to come in for an interview. I interviewed with two people at the time, the front end manager and the front end lead supervisor. Both asked general questions like "tell me a bout a time you had to deal with a difficult situation or member."
    Both interviews combined probably lasted about 45 minutes. I think it was a few days before i got a call back asking to do a drug test. I went in and they sent me to one just a few minutes down the street. I was also offered the job the same day.

Interview Questions
    • they asked something along the lines of " tell me about a time when you had a diffucult or unsatisfied customer or situation and how did you resolve it?"   Answer Question
    when i went in for the job offer they had me read my job duties and either accept or decline. then they said they would start me off at $10 which i didn't ask for more at the time because it was more then my previous job. I accepted the position

Membership Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in September 2014.

Two interviews total. First, interviewer explained the position and ask if I had related job experiences. Went on the ask 5 questions on how I could handle or relate to a similar circumstance in my work setting. Second interview was with the Manager. Offered the position, but still waiting to hear back. Process is taking a few weeks now.

Interview Questions
    • What are some distractions or things that will get in your way of doing things?   Answer Question
    Did not get to negotiate.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

I had 2 interviews one with front end manager, and cos. they asked the typical questions. some questions were worded like the assessment test on the application. the interview can be a little confusing the way the word some to the questions.

Cafe Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club.

I applied online and I got a call to come in 2 days later. My first interview Was fairly easy, only about 5 questions that referred to my past work experience. My second interview was the same day about an hour later with the manager. The second interview was a bit harder for me only cause he spoke pretty fast. It made me a bit more nervous. He asked me questions referring to what I learned from my previous interview and what I know about working in the food industry. He had also asked me questions referring to my past work experience. He told me to come in the next day for my backround check and and drug test. For the background check, I spoke to the general manager for quite a bit, he asked me a few questions. Then he had me sign stuff and I left to go get the drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when have to finish something important in a short amount of time, how did you come about finishing it?   Answer Question
    • What's your definition of reliable?   Answer Question
    • If you were trying to sell me something, what would you say and how would you do it?   Answer Question

Member Service Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club in August 2014.

Interviewed twice. First interview was pretty general questions followed by the same in the second interview. accepted position and then told will be called back to set up drug screening and background check. The total process should take about a week. Workplace had an upbeat fast paced attitude. Like the fact that you don't wear a uniform. Management was very professional and the store was very clean. There is plenty of room for advancement..

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2014.

The interview was relatively straight forward. Am assessment was given online after submitting an application, asking what would you do and what means the most to you questions. It is a huge plus to have a referral from someone who works their on your application, as those are apparently what they the most attention for.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just knowing what to do in a team oriented customer service surrounding.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. $9.40 an hour.

Cashier Interview

did a computer test, must have pass since i received a call and was scheduled for a face to face interview had behavioral questions and then the second part they ask you about your preferred pay and advise you on how much this position normally pays and ask if you are comfortable with the pay, afterwards they advise they will get in touch for a final interview where you meet the store manager