Sam's Club

Getting the Interview

228 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details Probably a dozen people in the conference room waiting to be interviewed. Lasted 10 minutes or so for preliminary interview. Scheduled immediately for the second interview.

Interview Question – What makes you a unique candidate   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Checkout Supervisor, COS Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in July 2012.

Interview Details The hiring process is a joke.

If you can stroke the ego of the supervisor/manager in charge of your hiring you are in.

I have associates that do not know how to do basic math working for me.

Interview Question – What would you do if you found yourself in a situation and did not know what to do?   Answer Question

Member Service Cashier Interview

Saginaw, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2013.

Interview Details About 2 weeks after I submitted my application I received a phone call from the personnel office asking if I would like to be scheduled for an interview. After accepting they will give you the time and the name of the Team Lead that will be doing your initial interview. After that interview if you are preferred they will pass on your application to a Coach (manager). Now it normally is same day, however as the store gets very busy and the Coach's are hands on in our day to day running you may have to wait until someone is free or come back later in a few hours. The interview is your basic interview where they verify the information you have provided in your application as well as review your resume. They ask situational questions mostly; "what would you do if....." Normally about 4 or 5.

Interview Question – I feel all the questions were pretty basic and nothing was unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to give my availability. They were very understanding of prior obligations I had before accepting the job and accommodated by not scheduling me. They are amazing about going around a school schedule for college students.

Ocala, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2012.

Interview Details When I contacted by Sam's Club, they called me over the phone and we set up an interview date. Once there for the initial interview. When the day of the initial interview came, I went up the stairs to the far left of the building, just beyond the cafe. There I sat and waited to be called by name. I was then led into a small room and the far end of the 2nd floor breakroom, where I met with two managers that asked me questions. They called to arrange the second interview not long after that and we went through paperwork that would allow them to test for drugs, and check my background, and shortly thereafter I was working at Sam's club.

Interview Question – They ask you to sell them a pen. They give you a little while to put together your pitch.   Answer Question

Tire Technician Interview

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in February 2014.

Interview Details Interview was 5 minutes total... Very simple

Interview Question – How are you a leader?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it

Very Easy Interview

Elgin, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in March 2014.

Interview Details They give you 2 Interviews that same day. The questions are very easy. You just have to answer some questions basically about how you deal with life on a daily basis.

Interview Question – I would say the most difficult question would have to be "When was there a time you had a big project to do and what steps did you take to solve it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just be yourself. They wanna hear that your just being yourself and not pretending to be someone else, or just saying something to get the job.

Cafe Associate Interview

Marietta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in November 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process is Four step. 1: an interview with a Team lead of the department you have applied for 2: an interview with the manager over the department and HR. 3: The offer 4: is the drug screen after you accept the job offer

Interview Question – Who would you handle a upset member and is this something you have had to do before and give examples   Answer Question

Any Hourly Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details Submit an application online or at the kiosk in store. I suggest you go to the membership desk and ask to speak with a manager. Introduce yourself and let them know you are applying. Make it quick, they are busy. If they call you in for an interview come dressed business casual. The first interview is with a hourly supervisor, second with a salary manager, and third with the GM, and may be done on different days. If you make it they send you out for a drug test and when you pass that there is a three day orientation.

Interview Question – All question they ask are canned and multi part about previous experiences and how you handled them. Answer all parts of the question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, pay is on a scale.

Interviewed at Sam's Club

Interview Details easy and basic questions

Interview Question – why you want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy

Produce Associate Interview

Produce Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details I received an interview because I knew a friend that worked there which I believe helped out a lot. For a basic retail position, the interview was relatively challenging, however I don't expect perfect answers either. The first interview takes place with a "team leader" or supervisor. From there the second interview takes place directly after with a "coach" or manager.

Interview Question – Tell about a time when you successfully worked with a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had no retail experience so I felt like I couldn't negotiate, but I feel like there might have been room to do so.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sam's Club

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sam's Club interview questions and advice. All 228 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Sam's Club employees and interview candidates.