Salesforce Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr, 2015
Updated 13 Apr, 2015

3.2

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (Toronto, ON) in March 2015.

Interview

Was referred by a Friend. Then had 2 phone interviews (more of a screening call to make sure it was a good fit) from there it was an in person interview with 4 Managers followed by a similar interview with 2 current Sales Reps. The Recruiter called me a week later to let me know that I wasn't offered a job but did explain why.

The 4 Managers asked more questions about what wasn't on the resume. They wanted to see if you would be a good fit and they know exactly what they are looking for. I wasn't specific and my answers danced around the questions asked.

If there is a next time, I would be more succinct and direct with my responses. Try not to have a long interview full of conversation. They want you to be professional but at the same time answer questions quickly and decisively. Less Jib jab.

I enjoyed the process - the company sounds exciting but the role itself seems very monotonous Calling people all day trying to hit numbers. These big tech companies know how to get the most of of their ground level employees.

Interview Questions

• If you could sit next to one person on a transcontinental flight, who would it be?
      Tell me something about you that isn't on your resume?
      How would you explain Salesforce to an 87 year old?

Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (Toronto, ON).

Interview

The entire company and management team are skilled and knowledgeable. However, the interview process is extremely drawn out and convoluted.

They stress that it should be your sole focus, that it's harder to get into than Harvard, and that they recommend not mentioning any other companies being interested in you. Seriously.

They have a massive God complex when they introspectively view their company and hiring process. Be forewarned that you may be a fantastic professional but if one person thinks you won't be a fit "off dashboard" during the process, then you're s.o.l. my friend. This coming from someone who made it to the final presentation stage after 4 separate interviews in the process.

Feeling somewhat relieved to have not gotten the position in what is sure to be a micromanagement environment.

Director Industry Sales and Solutions Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Had numerous phone interviews and was told that I was a great fit for the role. HR called me and told me that they were drafting my offer letter on the Friday evening. On Monday morning, I was told that the role had moved location and I no longer qualified.

Interview Questions

• Not at all - common questions that I could easily answer.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I have one phone interview first, and a coding test. I received an email for coding test for two hours was was challenging to finish within time frame. I used extra time to clean up the codes and made another submission. As the last step, I was invited to be onsite.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as it fully meet my expectation.

Account Executive - Small/Medium Business (SMB) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce in December 2014.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me to set up an initial phone screen. 2 phones screens, 1 group interview, 1 coaching session and a presentation. Be prepared at every stage of the interview, they are looking for how you would present to clients, hold meetings with prospects and ultimately present to a room of salesforce customers. At each of these stages it is important to treat it like you are selling (you are the product), ask questions as if you would during a sales cycle, avoid rambling, filler words and make sure you have fun with and let your personality show. Volunteer work is very important, as is your ability to tell stories, and your drive and willingness to learn.

Interview Questions

• No question was difficult, have thought out synced answers to avoid rambling and taking too long.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Higher salary and paid time off, be prepared to treat this like a deal negotiation. Know your and their walk away point.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

They invited me to their hiring event at a local restaurant popular with techies. They had a panel of Salesforce employees and senior management answering questions. Some of the engineers encouraged me to apply after hearing about my experience.

A few weeks later, a recruiter contacted me who thought I was more qualified for a senior level position and set me up for an interview even though I never agreed to be interviewed for senior position.

Interview Questions

• During the interview the interviewer mentioned I had more experience as an Android Developer rather than a tester and she thought it would be best I would be considered for a developer role. Also she mentioned she was looking for someone with enough experience to put together a team.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce (Toronto, ON) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and after a few weeks was contacted by HR. Another call was setup days later for a technical phone screen which was a one on one talk with an engineer. After a few days I was contacted again for a second technical call. A week or so after that I was contacted to come in for a full day on site interview consisting of five interviews, three of which being whiteboard coding.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce (Toronto, ON) in September 2014.

Interview

strict hiring process, had an interview over the phone and got qualified for the panel which was broken into 2 parts, first was in front of 2 managers and 1 director, second was with 2 SRs to check if cultural fit

Interview Questions

• how previous work linked to sales experience for this position   1 Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in June 2014.

Interview

Straight-forward process including In-house recruiter phone interview, in-person panel interview, presentation & panel interview, background check & references, recruitment event, offer. They are very professional with the process. Your recruiter will offer you great tips so ask them for insider information so you can be best prepared.

Interview Questions

• Standard sales questions. Be VERY PREPARED with actual numbers when presenting your work history/past successes. If you can't substantiate it, forget it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight forward process. Be upfront about what you are looking for, if you can prove you're worth it, they'll match it.

Interview

Telephone Interview

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question: what do you see yourself at salesforce?   Answer Question