Salesforce

Updated 28 Jan, 2015

3.2

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

The entire company and management team are skilled and knowledgeable. However, the interview process is extremely drawn out and convoluted.

They stress that it should be your sole focus, that it's harder to get into than Harvard, and that they recommend not mentioning any other companies being interested in you. Seriously.

They have a massive God complex when they introspectively view their company and hiring process. Be forewarned that you may be a fantastic professional but if one person thinks you won't be a fit "off dashboard" during the process, then you're s.o.l. my friend. This coming from someone who made it to the final presentation stage after 4 separate interviews in the process.

Feeling somewhat relieved to have not gotten the position in what is sure to be a micromanagement environment.

Director Industry Sales and Solutions Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce.

Had numerous phone interviews and was told that I was a great fit for the role. HR called me and told me that they were drafting my offer letter on the Friday evening. On Monday morning, I was told that the role had moved location and I no longer qualified.

Interview Questions
    • Not at all - common questions that I could easily answer.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

I have one phone interview first, and a coding test. I received an email for coding test for two hours was was challenging to finish within time frame. I used extra time to clean up the codes and made another submission. As the last step, I was invited to be onsite.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate as it fully meet my expectation.

Software Engineer In Test, Android Applications Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

They invited me to their hiring event at a local restaurant popular with techies. They had a panel of Salesforce employees and senior management answering questions. Some of the engineers encouraged me to apply after hearing about my experience.

A few weeks later, a recruiter contacted me who thought I was more qualified for a senior level position and set me up for an interview even though I never agreed to be interviewed for senior position.

Interview Questions
    • During the interview the interviewer mentioned I had more experience as an Android Developer rather than a tester and she thought it would be best I would be considered for a developer role. Also she mentioned she was looking for someone with enough experience to put together a team.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce in September 2014.

strict hiring process, had an interview over the phone and got qualified for the panel which was broken into 2 parts, first was in front of 2 managers and 1 director, second was with 2 SRs to check if cultural fit

Interview Questions
    • how previous work linked to sales experience for this position   View Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in June 2014.

Straight-forward process including In-house recruiter phone interview, in-person panel interview, presentation & panel interview, background check & references, recruitment event, offer. They are very professional with the process. Your recruiter will offer you great tips so ask them for insider information so you can be best prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Standard sales questions. Be VERY PREPARED with actual numbers when presenting your work history/past successes. If you can't substantiate it, forget it.   View Answer
    Straight forward process. Be upfront about what you are looking for, if you can prove you're worth it, they'll match it.

Enterprise Business Representative Interview

Telephone Interview

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: what do you see yourself at salesforce?   Answer Question

BDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in April 2014.

Phone screening with recruiter. If selected onto a 1-2 hr panel interview with managers. Interview is between 30 minutes to 1 hr + in my case. Lots of questions to tie in past experience as well bringing metrics from past sales jobs is a bonus! Make sure you have permission from your company before sharing and info which may be deemed unethical!

Interview Questions
    • How can you sell yourself and past experience into the position.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in April 2014.

Applied online, then an interview with three interviewers all from the sales division. Interview lasts half an hour or so. Questions are simple and straight forward, but you need to keep it to your pace and not let the interviewers hurry you.

Sales Engineer Interview

One phone interview, one day-long meet the team interview with a demonstration / presentation