Salesforce

Updated 17 Nov, 2014
Updated 17 Nov, 2014

3.2

Software Engineer In Test, Android Applications Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

They invited me to their hiring event at a local restaurant popular with techies. They had a panel of Salesforce employees and senior management answering questions. Some of the engineers encouraged me to apply after hearing about my experience.

A few weeks later, a recruiter contacted me who thought I was more qualified for a senior level position and set me up for an interview even though I never agreed to be interviewed for senior position.

Interview Questions
    • During the interview the interviewer mentioned I had more experience as an Android Developer rather than a tester and she thought it would be best I would be considered for a developer role. Also she mentioned she was looking for someone with enough experience to put together a team.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce in September 2014.

strict hiring process, had an interview over the phone and got qualified for the panel which was broken into 2 parts, first was in front of 2 managers and 1 director, second was with 2 SRs to check if cultural fit

Interview Questions
    • how previous work linked to sales experience for this position   View Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in June 2014.

Straight-forward process including In-house recruiter phone interview, in-person panel interview, presentation & panel interview, background check & references, recruitment event, offer. They are very professional with the process. Your recruiter will offer you great tips so ask them for insider information so you can be best prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Standard sales questions. Be VERY PREPARED with actual numbers when presenting your work history/past successes. If you can't substantiate it, forget it.   View Answer
    Straight forward process. Be upfront about what you are looking for, if you can prove you're worth it, they'll match it.

Enterprise Business Representative Interview

Telephone Interview

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: what do you see yourself at salesforce?   Answer Question

BDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in April 2014.

Phone screening with recruiter. If selected onto a 1-2 hr panel interview with managers. Interview is between 30 minutes to 1 hr + in my case. Lots of questions to tie in past experience as well bringing metrics from past sales jobs is a bonus! Make sure you have permission from your company before sharing and info which may be deemed unethical!

Interview Questions
    • How can you sell yourself and past experience into the position.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in April 2014.

Applied online, then an interview with three interviewers all from the sales division. Interview lasts half an hour or so. Questions are simple and straight forward, but you need to keep it to your pace and not let the interviewers hurry you.

Sales Engineer Interview

One phone interview, one day-long meet the team interview with a demonstration / presentation

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Salesforce in December 2013.

I was approached by a recruiter. First there was a phone interview with the manager (mostly technical), this was followed by a coding exercise: This took place remotely. I was sent a problem to solve and given two hours, at which point the interviewer called me back, and I took him through a code review and also answered a few other technical questions. I was then invited for an on-site interview (In a different city to where I live - they paid the flight and hotel, and were supposed to reimburse other costs although this never showed up), which took just over half a day (including lunch with the manager of the team). This involved a lot of white-board exercises over software design, algorithms and data structures, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The onsite was pretty intense. I thought there would be more of an emphasis on "real world" coding after the coding exercise but had to do a serious amount of theoretical design etc. too.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

interviewed at Salesforce in November 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter who was looking for new account executives. I had 2 phone interviews with him before going into the office to do the in person interview with the executives and hiring managers. They were tough, but fair. Two interviews in the same day. Three interviewers in the room for the first interview, two in the second.

Enterprise Business Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in July 2013.

3 step interview process

1) Initial call with recruiter - 30 mins
    - behavioral questions to check for sales aptitude

2) Call with recruiter from HQ (San Francisco) - 30 mins
    - behavioral questions to check for sales aptitude
    - sales role plays

3) On site interview (Toronto) - 1.5 hrs
    - sales role plays
    - discussion with other members in the same role (more of an interview to check for personality/work culture compatibility)

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you have a thorough understanding of selling a solution-based product, not a "commodity".

Highly critical to be able to speak professionally, while building rapport, confidence and respect.
        View Answer