SYKES

Updated 3 Mar, 2015
Updated 3 Mar, 2015

2.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SYKES in June 2013.

This was for a position working from home. The interviewer went through a presentation about the job requirements and information about the position. You then have to answer 5 questions.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at SYKES in April 2010.

Very straight forward, computer testing was new to me. I did better than I thought I did. The interviewers from Human Resources were quite good and helpful. I would recommend that they give more information about the job itself.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you resolved a difficult situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Digby, NS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Digby, NS

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SYKES in February 2010.

very easy to apply and interview was great

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at SYKES in October 2009.

I had to do a couple aptitude tests and then a face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • After being given a sheet about a product, and 2 minutes to read it, I had to make a sales pitch for it.   Answer Question
    I was offered the position with no options to negotiate

Westpac Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SYKES.

5mins long. The lady had no idea what she was asking. I knew i had it as soon as she said hello. Didn't even shake my hand. The office was smelly and small. Hr looked like they were ready for a night out on the town.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES in February 2015.

Interview process went smoothly. "Optimized interview" in a group setting over the phone/online. Be sure to follow directions. you are asked to write out answers to questions asked on a notepad and then read one of your answers out loud to get a feel of how you sound on the phone. Once this was completed, some were asked to a second interview the following day, after completing an online assessment. The assessment was alot like an IQ test and was a bit difficult in certain sections. The second interview was fairly straight forward- "why do you want to work here?"; "Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer"; "sell me this pen" (because the job does require attempting to up sell once service requests are complete). I was offered the job, signed papers for a 7 year background check, completed a drug test, and was emailed links to the W4 information.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, but was assured that there is plenty of room to grow.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SYKES.

I applied on line. I received an email inviting me to interview. This was done in chat, on a conference call with other candidates. We listened to a presentation. Then we did a short quiz with essay answers. We were asked to read one of our questions and answers out loud. Those of us hired were sent to a break out room. We were informed of the salary and hours and asked if it was acceptable. Those who agreed stayed. We submitted our computer specs. Over the next few days, we completed our new hire paperwork, and enrolled into training.

Interview Questions
    • A customer calls and says that the previous agent offered them something for free. You know they are lying. What do you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SYKES.

Expect the following: Phone interview, computer check (you cannot have 8.1), background check (if you have a misdemeanor you can work some jobs) Signing paperwork online via PDF files, easy process .

Interview Questions
    • They are going to ask you a question like, "if you ever handled an irate customer, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?"   Answer Question

Staff Job Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SYKES.

Great interview and onboarding process; very smooth and very professional and accommodating. No issues at all. One of the best experiences I have had with any company over a 20-year career.

Easy & fast.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at SYKES.

I was in the room with 2 other people in front of computers. Note I already worked for Sykes and Sykes home... The phone was about 3 ft from me maybe more. The recruiter on the phone heard talking and said it was me. So I was not hired because of conduct. Told re-apply in 6 months even though I am rehireable. So I recommend asking for a supervisor being in the room with you on interviews because the recruiter can say anything g they want with even seeing you and knowing who was actually having bad conduct. Very unfair hiring process.