SYKES

Getting the Interview

73 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, ON

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at SYKES in October 2009.

Interview Details I had to do a couple aptitude tests and then a face to face interview

Interview Question – After being given a sheet about a product, and 2 minutes to read it, I had to make a sales pitch for it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the position with no options to negotiate

Customer Service Representative

I applied online - interviewed at SYKES in June 2013.

Interview Details This was for a position working from home. The interviewer went through a presentation about the job requirements and information about the position. You then have to answer 5 questions.

Digby, NS

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SYKES in February 2010.

Interview Details very easy to apply and interview was great

Customer Service Call Center Interview

Lakeland, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SYKES in March 2014.

Interview Details I was sent an email 4 days after I sent in my application saying that they would like to do a virtual interview with me in the next 2 days which was a Friday. The virtual interview took an hour and a half and had about 8 others participating with me. Once that interview was completed, the woman had did the virtual interview said that she would like a second interview that coming Monday. At the second interview, I spoke with one man about what they job is and if I understood what it was asking for. The second man asked about my work history and asked some behavioral questions to see how I handle things at work. I was hired within a minute after the last behavioral question.

Interview Question – Pretend the one who is giving the interview is a potential customer. Try to sell him/her ____. If you do not have any sales experience, then this task may be difficult.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Just be relaxed and professional.

Lakeland, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES in February 2014.

Interview Details The day after submitting the application, I was called by a person from Concierge Services. I called them back, at which point a phone interview was conducted. After this I scheduled an in person interview for the following Monday, where I spoke with two managers and was immediately offered a position.

Interview Question – Have you ever had to deal with a difficult coworker?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You either take the job for $9.50 per hour, whatever schedule they decide for you, or you don't take the job at all.

Bank Teller Interview

Lakeland, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SYKES in January 2013.

Interview Details first I received a email, the recruiter basically asked me more questions about job history. Then there was a phone interview where the recruiter gave more details about the job, salary and training, she was very helpful and very easy to be reached i think her name was jennifer frease anyway next was the face to face interview it went pretty smooth asked obvious work history and role playing questions. offered the job same day, also did mouth swab drug test same day at the facility.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
Sumter, SC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details The hiring process was fairly easy, you have to apply in person. When applying in person, a test needs to be completed before you are considered a position.

Interview Question – If you are unprepared for the test, it may throw some of guard.   Answer Question

Customer SerVice Representative- Financial Account Interview

Makati City (Philippines)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details Initial Interview: Face to face, if you pass, you'll go to second interview at a different building on the same day. If you pass the second interview, you will get a slot in a one-month contractual initial screening of applicants to be placed for probationary position.

Interview Question – I did not find any difficult question   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative
Bochum, North Rhine-Westphalia (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES in May 2012.

Interview Details quick talk, some training to start

Negotiation Details – non existant

End User Support Interview

Kingstree, SC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SYKES in July 2013.

Interview Details Had 7 interviews. Was not given realistic job description, HR seemed hostile, never had to do an in-person interview Had to complete background check, drug-screen, references were called, and employment verification for past positions.

Interview Question – Are you taking this job with the intention of leaving?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate salary up 50%

Interviews for Top Jobs at SYKES

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!

SYKES Videos

SYKES – Why Work for Us?

For more than 30 years, SYKES has been in the business of creating and maintaining satisfying relationships between client companies and their customers. During this time, they have also been creating gratifying jobs… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SYKES interview questions and advice. All 73 interview reviews are posted anonymously by SYKES employees and interview candidates.