SMART Technologies

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Development Intern Interview

Software Development Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at SMART Technologies.

Interview Details The company contacts the interviewees with Internship Coordinator. One interview, very easy questions. Focus on the skills used in the interviewer's team. Not a difficult interview.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Just common questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Software Developer Intern
Waterloo, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SMART Technologies in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied for this position through my university's job board. I was granted one interview after electronically submitting my resume and qualifications. The interviewers were very relaxed and easy to converse with. They asked a lot of technical questions about features of my language of choice (C++ at this time), but only a couple of coding questions. My impression of the facilities is that they were rather upscale and very pleasant. The office environment seems excellent.

Interview Question – How virtual methods are implemented in C++   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Calgary, AB

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SMART Technologies in August 2010.

Interview Details Apply to jobs posted on the SMART web site.
HR calls your for a video interview that you pre-record and submit for asynchronous review. This is like a pre-screen interview.
HR calls you for an interview with the hiring manager.
HR calls you for a group interview with the team members - fit interview.
If all goes well, within the 2 months of initial HR contact, you'll be offered a job. No negotiations were permitted on the job offer.

Interview Question – Write some code.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Calgary, AB

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SMART Technologies.

Interview Details Contacted by a recruiter, interview. Very solid. Spoke with Director via Skype, solid. Director visited my home town, interviewed in person, solid. Flew me to Calgary (international), interviewed up to President level (multiple Directors, CTO, Pres), solid. Discussed salary options and potential start dates on a Friday. Told to expect communication on Monday. On Tuesday, recruiter called and told me SMART had changed job focus and I would not be considered. Entire process - 2.5 months. Was hinted in several conversations, that I should consider holding off on other opportunities, if possible, due to strength for the position. Well - we know where that went.

Interview Question – none. actually the interviews were solid, focused, and enjoyable.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SMART Technologies in October 2013.

Interview Details Applied online for a university co-op work term through the internet. Received a response about 1 week later.

Interview was very easy. Most questions were testing general aptitude for programming, testing, and problem solving with some questions. Will ask only questions about subject that he thinks you should understand. For example, the job description wants Python, but if Python is not on your cover letter or resume, it will not be mentioned. If something like C++ is on your cover letter, prepare to talk about it.

Interview Question – How would you make sure that your search engine is a good one?   View Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Ottawa, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SMART Technologies in March 2013.

Interview Details First interview over phone with HR person, then was asked to come into Office and was interviewed by 2 guys and then second round by manager.
Heard nothing back from them and realized that they have dropped the ball somewhere, their HR person was no longer with them, not sure but think this might be a sinking ship, with all the layoffs etc

Interview Question – None, asked about Momento pattern, design a book library system, serializations and some C++ questions vtable and virtual pointer etc, The only downside was I was sick as a dog at the interview but think I still survived.   Answer Question

Software Developer Internship Interview

Software Developer Internship
Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SMART Technologies in February 2013.

Interview Details Applied through campus recruiter. Got an interview a week and a half after applying. Interviewer was great, very personable guy. There was one technical question, a couple of general questions about things he saw on my resume. Very good expierience overall. I followed up with a thank you and another question, and after a few back and forths he told me that they had chosen someone with some more expierience, however he said I did well in the interview and they would have been happy to hire me.

Interview Question – How would you design a search engine?   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Training Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SMART Technologies.

Interview Details Phone screening
Phone Interview / Presentation
In Person interview / presentation

Interview Question – If your material doesn't make it to the customer site, what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward - they offered what I asked for.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Calgary, AB

I applied online - interviewed at SMART Technologies in November 2012.

Interview Details Applied through company website. First round of technical interview was about few object oriented concepts. They were tying to see your thought process. Technology did not matter. They were looking for problem solver and quick learners.

After a week, I had a second round of interview called the fit interview. It was more about talking about your previous work challenges. What kind of a work you like etc. I was presented two different teams to join with different technology involved. Both looked attractive posing different challenge, So I did not choose, I said that I am fine with both options.

Both the interviews were for 50 mins. Then I saw the company laid of lot of employees on the news in the next 10 days. Then I did not hear from them.

Interview Question – questions did not appear difficult to me. Due to the amount of my experience from a well known company, I guess they did not probe much and they focused on other aspects   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Calgary, AB

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SMART Technologies in October 2011.

Interview Details Phone interview with HR followed by technical interview at head office. They spent most of their time telling me about the project they were hiring for, and explaining how important it was. Technical interview involved signing a document not to discuss "proprietary technologie s" and included asking questions about OO basics, and differences between functional programming.

Interview Question – Design, from back to front, on paper, a URL shortening service.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at SMART Technologies

Worked for SMART Technologies? Contribute to the Community!