SMART Technologies Interview Questions

Updated 1 Apr, 2015

2.9

Functional Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SMART Technologies in September 2014.

Interview

first a phone interview was conducted. Asked behavioural questions & past experiences with some technical questions. Took about 1 hour. They told next step was to have a face to face interview with their whole team. They contacted me after days & said I was selected. The other interview with the team to see if I fit with them well. There were some questions asked. It was overall a good process

Interview Questions

• Past work experience & situations faced   1 Answer

Negotiation

They met my expectation actually exceed it a little. I gave them my expectation & they gave an offer.

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SMART Technologies.

Interview

The company contacts the interviewees with Internship Coordinator. One interview, very easy questions. Focus on the skills used in the interviewer's team. Not a difficult interview.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SMART Technologies (Waterloo, ON) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied for this position through my university's job board. I was granted one interview after electronically submitting my resume and qualifications. The interviewers were very relaxed and easy to converse with. They asked a lot of technical questions about features of my language of choice (C++ at this time), but only a couple of coding questions. My impression of the facilities is that they were rather upscale and very pleasant. The office environment seems excellent.

Interview Questions

• How virtual methods are implemented in C++   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, interview. Very solid. Spoke with Director via Skype, solid. Director visited my home town, interviewed in person, solid. Flew me to Calgary (international), interviewed up to President level (multiple Directors, CTO, Pres), solid. Discussed salary options and potential start dates on a Friday. Told to expect communication on Monday. On Tuesday, recruiter called and told me SMART had changed job focus and I would not be considered. Entire process - 2.5 months. Was hinted in several conversations, that I should consider holding off on other opportunities, if possible, due to strength for the position. Well - we know where that went.

Interview Questions

• none. actually the interviews were solid, focused, and enjoyable.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SMART Technologies (Vancouver, BC) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online for a university co-op work term through the internet. Received a response about 1 week later.

Interview was very easy. Most questions were testing general aptitude for programming, testing, and problem solving with some questions. Will ask only questions about subject that he thinks you should understand. For example, the job description wants Python, but if Python is not on your cover letter or resume, it will not be mentioned. If something like C++ is on your cover letter, prepare to talk about it.

Interview Questions

• How would you make sure that your search engine is a good one?   1 Answer

Training Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SMART Technologies.

Interview

Phone screening
    Phone Interview / Presentation
    In Person interview / presentation

Interview Questions

• If your material doesn't make it to the customer site, what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight forward - they offered what I asked for.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SMART Technologies (Ottawa, ON) in March 2013.

Interview

First interview over phone with HR person, then was asked to come into Office and was interviewed by 2 guys and then second round by manager.
    Heard nothing back from them and realized that they have dropped the ball somewhere, their HR person was no longer with them, not sure but think this might be a sinking ship, with all the layoffs etc

Interview Questions

• None, asked about Momento pattern, design a book library system, serializations and some C++ questions vtable and virtual pointer etc, The only downside was I was sick as a dog at the interview but think I still survived.   Answer Question

Software Developer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SMART Technologies (Vancouver, BC) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiter. Got an interview a week and a half after applying. Interviewer was great, very personable guy. There was one technical question, a couple of general questions about things he saw on my resume. Very good expierience overall. I followed up with a thank you and another question, and after a few back and forths he told me that they had chosen someone with some more expierience, however he said I did well in the interview and they would have been happy to hire me.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied through company website. First round of technical interview was about few object oriented concepts. They were tying to see your thought process. Technology did not matter. They were looking for problem solver and quick learners.

After a week, I had a second round of interview called the fit interview. It was more about talking about your previous work challenges. What kind of a work you like etc. I was presented two different teams to join with different technology involved. Both looked attractive posing different challenge, So I did not choose, I said that I am fine with both options.

Both the interviews were for 50 mins. Then I saw the company laid of lot of employees on the news in the next 10 days. Then I did not hear from them.

Interview Questions

• questions did not appear difficult to me. Due to the amount of my experience from a well known company, I guess they did not probe much and they focused on other aspects   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB) in May 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR.

Brought in for a meeting with the IT manager and team lead.