SHI International

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SHI International in September 2012.

Interview Details Process is inconsistent. Generally speaking, candidates will meet with the Sales Manager, and then the Director of Sales. Sometimes there is a peer interview. For the most part, SHI is looking for hunters who understand the IT market (Microsoft/nonMicrosoft software/datacenter solutions/commodity hardware). Experience in the field is a nice to have, but certainly not mandatory. Young, enthusiastic, hungry, coin-operated candidates will certainly have an advantage.

Interview Question – Familiarity with the VAR community, understanding of competitive landscape.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unwavering - there is little room to negotiate.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SHI International in April 2012.

Interview Details Interview process was very straight forward. I ultimately was very unimpressed with the offer in terms of compensation and was turned off by the junior level HR person who made 5-6 mistakes with the offer letter.

Interview Question – Interview was very simple   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Compensation poor, awful HR communication skills

Systems Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at SHI International in April 2009.

Interview Details The interview process is very direct on technical problem solving and approach. I was presented with a few technical issues and asked how I would solve them. This is very different from most companies today which use behavioral interview. One observation is that the employees feel like a big family.

Interview Question – How would you handle exception when one Session EJB calls another one?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Logistician Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SHI International in June 2013.

Interview Details It was very standard. Not a lot of work. You show up and explain that you are ready to work and willing to put in the work. They currently are undergoing management changes so things are a little different now. Just prove you want to work hard and have what it takes.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Inside Account Manager Interview

I interviewed at SHI International in August 2012.

Interview Details There was a 10 minute phone screening, and then a follow up in person interview that lasted between 1 and 2 hours. They were very nice and easy to talk to. Fairly basic questions about your past experience and why you want to work at SHI.

Interviewed at SHI International

Interview Details This interview process took 2 weeks I got a phone interview and ten met at the company headquarters. Very basic interview questions about my goals and my weaknesses. I wish they did a better job axing questions though because I feel as if those types of questions are not helpful in determining the validity of a good costumer or not. I had a good interview experience. The people were very friendly and knowledgeable about the company.

Interview Question – Where did you learn how to use powerpoint?   Answer Question

Inside Account Manager Interview

Inside Account Manager
Somerset, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SHI International in July 2013.

Interview Details If they like you, the interview can last up to 4 hours. If they do not, youre out sooner than later.

Interview Question – There was a 10 question quiz at the end. Its not difficult but I was not expecting it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Account Executive Public Sector Interview

Account Executive Public Sector

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SHI International in February 2014.

Interview Details I reached out to the corporate recruiter through email and he set up the initial call. After I got passed that interview I had a phone conversation with the hiring director, then another director. After I had to present a business plan to both the directors I interviewed with.

Interview Question – Preparing for the presentation. You have to do your homework and know what your going to do daily, monthly and quarterly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A little bit but I was given more than I was expecting in the first place.

Very Easy Interview

Austin, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SHI International in January 2014.

Interview Details Fast process. Applied and had a phone interview within two days of applying. Then invited to an in person interview which was scheduled a week after phone interview. Final decisions where made within 5 days of formal interview. They have a high employee turnover rate, so they are always hiring new people.

Interview Question – What are your career plans for the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Austin, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at SHI International in November 2013.

Interview Details Quick turnaround. I applied online, was called in for an interview, and offered the job within a week. The length of hiring process will depend on when their next training class begins for this position and if you already have a job. They're hiring a lot of people right now (20/month) and have an awesome training program set up that begins around the first or second week of each month. Ex) Applied in mid November, received offer, put in 2 weeks notice at current job (around Thanksgiving, so it was like 2.5 weeks), training class began December 9th.

Interview Question – How did you hear about SHI?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate, but there are no negotiations. All Inside Account Executives make 30k + commission. The commission plan is one of the best around and after 4-6 months of cold calling, persistence, and a lot of determination, you'll be well on your way to making 50-60k

Interviews for Top Jobs at SHI International

Worked for SHI International? Contribute to the Community!

SHI International Videos

SHI International – Why Work for Us?

Careers at SHI In addition to a competitive salary and high-quality benefits package, SHI offers an exciting, fun and supportive environment that was recently recognized by our employees as one of the best places to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SHI International interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews are posted anonymously by SHI International employees and interview candidates.