SAIC Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated 11 Mar, 2015
Updated 11 Mar, 2015

2.6

Scrum Master Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Alexandria, VA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly and the interviewers were very knowledgeable. My resume was reviewed prior to the interview and they came in with specific questions regarding my skills and experience. This was not a canned interview. It gave me a good sense of the company and the people I may potentially work with/for. I answered no to the question “Did you get an offer” because the position was offered to me however; I have not accepted at this time as I have not received a formal offer letter yet.

Interview Questions

• None, it was a skills based interview   1 Answer

Project Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

First contacted by recruiter via email to schedule a phone screening.
    About a week after the phone screen, received another email to schedule an in-person interview.

The instructions to get to the interview were detailed and helpful. The only thing that would make it better is to instruct applicants which entrance, and where to go after they enter. I almost missed the sign that said "visitors" and walked straight through armed security. Given that this is DC, I'm sure I would have been face to the floor, hands behind my back.

The interview itself was pleasant. The interviewers were friendly, welcoming, and made me feel like I was already part of the team. The recruiting manager even gave me his cell number to call if I had any questions.

But after that, everything went downhill. I was informed I would hear back the following week. I didn't get a response. I called the manager and was informed the recruiter would get back to, and that there was a budgeting issue that may prevent the job from being filled. I never got a response from the recruiter so I emailed asking for a follow-up and still nothing. Shortly thereafter I looked at the requisition online and it stated the position was filled.

I wished that if I didn't get the position, they would extend me the professional courtesy to tell me I was not selected and why. Applicants such as myself are professional enough to take rejection and learn from the experience. If not, then those applicants shouldn't get the position anyway. No response is the worst response. At least "no" meant I could start looking for other opportunities instead of waiting on this one.

But all-in-all, it was a pleasant experience and I would still apply for SAIC.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what this graph means to you (interviewer drew a 7-day trending up sinusoid)   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAIC (Arlington, VA (US)).

Interview

Hiring manager asked when I can start and general background from college. Project Architect asked more technical questions about my coding languages, skills, and something specific (see below). This was back in 2005 (before they broke off into Leidos) where there weren't so many phone screenings before an in-person interview. It was just directly that! I then talked with 2 other folks on the project to get a more background from them and fresh views on the project itself.

Interview Questions

• Database and architecture questions and how they related to designing software and writing code   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't bother negotiating. I thought it was fine then for a first job. You may want to negotiate a higher start salary, as worst case scenario, it only goes up 3% to 6% per year.

Seismologist Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at SAIC (Arlington, VA (US)).

Interview

Submit application and graduate school transcripts, invited to interview and present Dissertation to staff, soon after offered the position with very competitive salary negotiations. I was then introduced to the staff individually, and the direction of my research was discussed.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked during dissertation presentation, all challenging. No discussion of business case since the position was clearly as a staff scientist in support of DARPA's test-ban treaty program.   Answer Question

Negotiation

SAIC has completely transformed since my hire long ago. However, to my knowledge the application and interview for entry-level positions is similar

Call Center Generalist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at SAIC (Rockville, MD (US)).

Interview

I was brought in through a staffing agency and given an opportunity to come on-board full time based on performance

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They simply e-mailed me an offer letter and I was given the opportunity to accept or reject it

Chief Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

A difficult process, interviewers were top down CC types. Interview was with 16 employees which went well with the exception of last one. I was left with the clear feeling that I was black-balled by last one!

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Rockville, MD (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview process is rate yourself in technology,then question abt oops concepts,database and white board exercise

Interview Questions

• what is ajax,xslt,linq,lamda expression,design pattern   Answer Question

Director of Payroll Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA (US)).

Interview

It was fast and very efficient

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Alexandria, VA (US)).

Interview

Hiring processes are highly varied. HR has little-to-no role. Expect to identify your experience in detail, to have certifications often required for key government support roles.

Imagery Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Lexington Park, MD (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

First interview was over the phone with the basic questions. Second interview was much more difficult as it was made up of team members I would be working with from multiple companies.

Interview Questions

• Questions that were based on the current mission that I had no clue about and pertained to past mistakes by the current team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Via email, and I declined the 1st offer and countered.