SAIC Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr, 2015

2.5

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

After a brief phone interview, I went to the D.C. office for an office visit where I was interviewed by three associates in one of their offices. I was there for almost an hour but they hardly asked me any questions. They mostly talked about the position and how they may or may not get the contract for that position, and random people in their office and their career paths

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to go in detail about anything on your resume   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

phone interview first, 2nd face to face or phone with 2 - 3 other people. duration about an hour. very easy to talk to people on the phone. experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• type of work previously done. expand on the experience using certifications on resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are pretty set on what they want to pay you, be prepared to state why you are worth more.

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Alexandria, VA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly and the interviewers were very knowledgeable. My resume was reviewed prior to the interview and they came in with specific questions regarding my skills and experience. This was not a canned interview. It gave me a good sense of the company and the people I may potentially work with/for. I answered no to the question “Did you get an offer” because the position was offered to me however; I have not accepted at this time as I have not received a formal offer letter yet.

Interview Questions

• None, it was a skills based interview   1 Answer

Electronics Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAIC.

Interview

Like most folks I work with, I am former military. So my interview was like this:
    Hey bud, heard you were getting out of the military. Do you have a job lined up? No? Well you do now.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a clean record and pass a drug test?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Huntsville, AL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

A day after applying I was contacted by a recruiter who asked me if I had and preferences in location or job role and then asked when I would have time to schedule a phone interview a few days later. No technical questions were asked, only went over experience on the resume and was explained what the job would be about. A few hour later I was informed they would like to do an in-person interview and flew me out to tour the job site and meet potential supervisors. No technical questions were asked and I was briefed more on the project and had a casual conversation about my personal background. An offer was made a day later.

Net Backup Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with the Manager and team lead. Manager met me in the lobby and pronounced my name with the appropriate cadence.Complimented my coming in on time. He started by asking a few general questions then introduced me to the lead who was dialing in from a remote location. The lead asked me several application specific questions which I answered. After about 30 minutes the lead excused himself. The manager asked me operating environment related questions for another 40 minutes. He then told me the nature of the environment I was potentially going to work in.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps needed to conduct a disaster recovery exercise.   Answer Question

Technical Writer/Editing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC.

Interview

The recruiter was more organized than the interviewer, who was impossible to reach and had trouble scheduling the interview because he "had no administrative help." It felt disorganized and unfocused. I almost walked away from the entire company in this time because it seemed like nobody had any organizational sense at all.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions. We chatted like we were having an awkward conversation at a cocktail party and he told me why it was a great place to work. I never was able to show writing samples. It was very strange. I guess he had already decided to offer me the job before he met me, but it was still the most non-useful interview I've ever had.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I requested a salary at close to $60,000 and the recruiter said the range would be below that, and that I wouldn't be offered that much.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SAIC.

Interview

SAIC contracts with companies (commercial/government) that "require" qualified skilled resources based on certification -- in short, ensure certs are up-to-date and relevant. Respective hiring manager will contact you if qualified (on paper) for initial phone interview; questions appear textbox particular to the "title" of the job, not the particulars of the work. A successful phone interview will lead to onsite follow up. Experience has shown that once again, SAIC targets talented candidates who can speak intelligently to the job title. I emphasize this because not all candidates who know the technical response to an interview question make for a right fit. This, in my view, is a short coming with SAIC; but for any prospects looking to get in may be a good thing. Highly recommend that all candidates not only "know the answer" technically, but also "know the company" and "know their customer" ... this will prove a tremendous value add and excellent negotiation starting point.

Interview Questions

• The challenge seen during most interviews deals with curbing one's enthusiasm and listening to the questions being asked. Hiring managers will harp on "jargon", "text box", "best practices" language during the interview process; if an experience candidate responds in turn with "practical" answers, the interviewer will keep repeating question. There is no one difficult or unexpected question, as much as there is an expected (almost scripted) dialogue. Hiring managers have also been known to challenge the integrity and credibility of a candidate based on "paper" as well as communication. Candidates must articulate they are the right person, with the right skills. To my experience, SAIC rarely does peer interviews, but they may have one or more managers/leads participate in an interview session. And be prepared to have SAIC listen to its own voice vice extending a candidate an opportunity to show case their abilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was misleading in that there was a relocation at a significant pay reduction to meet contract entry criteria, with an [undocumented] assurance of comparable pay increase to come back up to par within a short turnaround. This did not occur and management reneged on advancement opportunities; this happened to many employees.

The "phase" it self was one of initial communication with hiring manager of salary requirements, followed by SAIC confirmation with status of current/last employer. There appears a discretionary negotiation with hiring manager and a verbal offer; once [verbally] accepted, SAIC sends an offer letter and awaits confirmation of employment.

Program Analyst Interview

Interview

3 weeks, Interview was a comfortable, relaxed sit down with one of the managers. He was very upfront about the position, and the job I would be doing. I was given an offer the following day from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• none, they were straightforward regarding qualifications, and my background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy, a few emails and phone calls over the span of a day and that was it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SAIC (Oak Ridge, TN (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I had an over the phone interview with a recruiter. He briefly described the position and that it would be a temporary to hire full time through SAIC. He asked if I would be alright with a set starting salary. After I agreed he set up the formal interview. I went to the formal interview and had to wait to find out if I got selected for the position. It took a couple of weeks for me to start work because of clearance paperwork. Interview went well. I was pulled into the Site Manager's office for the interview. We were able to make a personal connection and because of that the interview was personable and had a relaxed tone. I was able to take a tour of the site after the interview, and he said that he was going to highly recommend me for the position.