SAIC

Updated 14 Nov, 2014
Updated 14 Nov, 2014

2.6

Program Analyst Interview

3 weeks, Interview was a comfortable, relaxed sit down with one of the managers. He was very upfront about the position, and the job I would be doing. I was given an offer the following day from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • none, they were straightforward regarding qualifications, and my background.   Answer Question
    Very easy, a few emails and phone calls over the span of a day and that was it.

Project Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAIC.

First contacted by recruiter via email to schedule a phone screening.
    About a week after the phone screen, received another email to schedule an in-person interview.

The instructions to get to the interview were detailed and helpful. The only thing that would make it better is to instruct applicants which entrance, and where to go after they enter. I almost missed the sign that said "visitors" and walked straight through armed security. Given that this is DC, I'm sure I would have been face to the floor, hands behind my back.

The interview itself was pleasant. The interviewers were friendly, welcoming, and made me feel like I was already part of the team. The recruiting manager even gave me his cell number to call if I had any questions.

But after that, everything went downhill. I was informed I would hear back the following week. I didn't get a response. I called the manager and was informed the recruiter would get back to, and that there was a budgeting issue that may prevent the job from being filled. I never got a response from the recruiter so I emailed asking for a follow-up and still nothing. Shortly thereafter I looked at the requisition online and it stated the position was filled.

I wished that if I didn't get the position, they would extend me the professional courtesy to tell me I was not selected and why. Applicants such as myself are professional enough to take rejection and learn from the experience. If not, then those applicants shouldn't get the position anyway. No response is the worst response. At least "no" meant I could start looking for other opportunities instead of waiting on this one.

But all-in-all, it was a pleasant experience and I would still apply for SAIC.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what this graph means to you (interviewer drew a 7-day trending up sinusoid)   View Answer

Mission and Seta Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in October 2014.

I got the interview from a job interview. It was around 30 minutes and they asked basic questions. A lot of question regarding stress management, leadership abilities, organization and personality. Then we discussed about what about SAIC interested me. Then we talked about where I saw myself in the next five years.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one time when you were faced with a problem and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

IT Secutiry Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC.

Very thorough and well organized, then degraded as I was promoted to other positions. Interviewing process was non-existent after initial interview. The management postion offered was not what was assigned.

Little, take it or leave it...

Production Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in August 2014.

First they contacted me by email to schedule a short phone interview, after that they called back to schedule a long onsite interview (more than 1 hour) and a week later they called for a shorter onsite interview, a week after that they tell you if you got the job.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAIC.

Hiring manager asked when I can start and general background from college. Project Architect asked more technical questions about my coding languages, skills, and something specific (see below). This was back in 2005 (before they broke off into Leidos) where there weren't so many phone screenings before an in-person interview. It was just directly that! I then talked with 2 other folks on the project to get a more background from them and fresh views on the project itself.

Interview Questions
    • Database and architecture questions and how they related to designing software and writing code   Answer Question
    I didn't bother negotiating. I thought it was fine then for a first job. You may want to negotiate a higher start salary, as worst case scenario, it only goes up 3% to 6% per year.

Project Control Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SAIC.

HR and the hiring manager did not have their communication together. According to the hiring manager, I was hired, however HR had more processes to do, before, I come to in for work.

Interview Questions
    • Difficut Question that did not have to do with the job   Answer Question
    Close to my house

Engineering Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SAIC.

Multi-person interview. All interviewers were very cordial and professional. The office environment was professional and courteous but also surprisingly casual. I interviewed on two occasions prior to being given an offer.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. I really wanted to work for this company for some time so I instantly accepted the offer.

IT Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAIC.

HR appoitment to interview/no technical questions/just an overview of my resume and the job details. One week later HR called with $ offer and benefits package/ fnal interview to close all and drug test. working in three weeks

No negotiation, this is what the salary is would you like the job or not

Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SAIC.

Interview was via phone with recruiter and then via phone with hiring manager. Hiring manager was reported to be "extremely busy" so interview could not take place in person although the company is close by and an in-person interview could have easily been set up. Never a good sign when meeting in person is preferred. Seemed that the hiring manager was just trying to fill a set of strict requirements on a list and not looking what candidates could bring to the table overall. Pleasant conversations. Follow up by the recruiter was not good considering no written or verbal notification that the position was filled or removed. No positive or negative communication was extended except that the position just disappeared from the job posting list.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. The usual expected questions of tell me about yourself, your background, etc.   Answer Question