S&P Capital IQ

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2013.

Interview Details I was called for a screening interview first which just asked about me and my resume. If they like you, you will to the next round with more phone interviews. Had three interviews for three separate teams engineer teams all working on different projects. I got the offer the same day as i interviewed for all three teams. Offer was for my choice of any of the teams so i chose the best one for me.

Interview Question – Honestly, weren't too technical. No specific coding questions as i guess they trust that you can do what they want.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Just take it. 28$ an hour.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Software Engineer (Intern) Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in December 2009.

Interview Details The skill test wasn't that bad. 30 minutes and 5 problems. Just don't be nervous on the test. They are CS undergrad test questions about data strucure, programming and simple codes. However, the second interview was a little bit more difficult since i was not expecting to solve a problem. I had to do it in the board and the interviewer was there watching.

Interview Question – Given a set of string, write a code that counts the set bits of the string.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at S&P Capital IQ

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!

S&P Capital IQ Videos

S&P Capital IQ – Why Work for Us?

About S&P Capital IQ S&P Capital IQ is the powerful new combination of offerings previously provided by Capital IQ, elements of S&P including Global Credit Portal and MarketScope Advisor, enterprise solutions such as… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at S&P Capital IQ Software Engineer Intern interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by S&P Capital IQ employees and interview candidates.