S&P Capital IQ Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (New York, NY (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

I was called for a screening interview first which just asked about me and my resume. If they like you, you will to the next round with more phone interviews. Had three interviews for three separate teams engineer teams all working on different projects. I got the offer the same day as i interviewed for all three teams. Offer was for my choice of any of the teams so i chose the best one for me.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, weren't too technical. No specific coding questions as i guess they trust that you can do what they want.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Just take it. 28$ an hour.

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Capital IQ

Software Engineer (Intern) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in December 2009.

Interview

The skill test wasn't that bad. 30 minutes and 5 problems. Just don't be nervous on the test. They are CS undergrad test questions about data strucure, programming and simple codes. However, the second interview was a little bit more difficult since i was not expecting to solve a problem. I had to do it in the board and the interviewer was there watching.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of string, write a code that counts the set bits of the string.   Answer Question