S&P Capital IQ

Updated 15 Nov, 2014
Updated 15 Nov, 2014

3.1

Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Step 1:General Aptitude Test where we had to write an SOP
    Step 2:An HR/Technical Based interview, which lasted for hardly 5 minutes
    Step 3:A Content test containing questions based on logic, analysis and Finance
    Step 4: Managerial Interview

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2014.

First contact was at career fair. That lead to first interview on campus. Second interview was downtown. Third interview is in New York.

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2014.

I applied through a campus recruiter. The process took three weeks, and I was interviewed by two people, a product consultant and a account manager. The interviewers were very straight forward about the position description, the hiring process, and the company culture. Most of the interview was spent discussing my major and qualifications, and there were very few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • I do not come from a finance background, so the interviewers really grilled me on how my background fit into the job position.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Applied through campus hiring process. The first step was the aptitude test which was too easy but they eliminated people on the basis of statement of purpose that was another hidden section in the information about the employee.

The next step was the hr interview which was nothing but confidence testing round lasting for 3-5 minutes.

The third stage is the technical test where purely finance and logical questions are asked.

The fourth one is the final managers interview where the person is just tested on his convincing skill to do a boring job. Prepare for that.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

i applied through recruitment process.they mentioned 4 profiles SE,DBA, quality analyst, business analyst. i applied for SE n DBA. first we had ap replacement talk, whch was worst, they dint even make a presentation.
    we had written test for each profile, followed by a GD, followed by three interviews, 2 tech n 1 HR. i cud mak till 1st interview round.
    writtten test was easy. it contained aptitude qsns, c, c++ questions, DBA part had some easy queries n query on date manipulation were bit hard.
    interview wasn't that gud.
    question were very random.
    about TCP IP from networks
    he asked me simple query whch i cud answer, but one of the interviewer (who cudn't even speak english properly) was constantly interupting me.
    mirrror image of binary tree, i answered it
    count no of leaf nodes in binary tree.
    a complex program was asked inn written test he asked me if i hav discussed it with my friends n asked me to re write the program. i cudnt write it, but cud explain my approach, but he inststed to write the code.

Interview Questions
    • how does google search engine work? imean when u type the search string what actually happens. i tried to explain him but in vain.   Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Started with a basic aptitude test, a small personal interview one on one..basic questions.Next round was another test with questions on financial knowledge, gk , case studies.
    then few more rounds of interviews.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Maharashtra (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Maharashtra (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

1st round-general aptitude round
    2nd round-HR interview
    3rd round-technical written test
    4th round-technical interview
    5th round-director interview

Interview Questions
    • questions relating to mergers and acquisitions, economics, ratios, projects which i had done in college   Answer Question

Database Administrator (Release Manager) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2014.

Interview Process for experienced-
    Step 1- Got call for interview and gone through 2 telephonic technical interview .After clearing two rounds i got call for In-Person interview.

Step-2 Gone to Gurgaon.
    1) Written Test--For DBA there are four sections was mandatory.

Section 1(SQL Query)-
    Based on Sql queries. There was 4 tables related with primary and foreign key. Based on that 3 questions ,you have to solve. It was of moderate level.

Section 2(Data Modeling)--Total three questions
      Que 1- To Create index to fasten the search process based on 1st section tables.
      Que 2- Null values allowed for Primary and unique key.
      Que 3- Based on ER diagram.(Simple if you have revised)

Section 3- General knowledge about system(Description Type --8 questions)
    Que 1- What is eventlog
    Que 2- What is Registry
    Que 3- Difference between Firewall and Antivirus
    Que 4- What is utf-8
    Que 5- What is difference between 32bit and 64 bit computer
    Que 6-Hot to install software on Linux
    Que 7- Based on Excel Sheet- 2 Snapshots. 1st snapshot -data was unorganized format ans 2nd snapshot was organised using Excel sheet. They asked for Excel property.
    Que 8- When do use virtual machines

Section 4- DBA question(8-10 questions)
    Some based on RAID(1) , clustered index(2 que), underlying database processes(1), database backup(1).How to increase database agent memory(sp_reconfig)(1)

others i don't remember.

Then in last round Director level interview.
    2 Expert persons will ask question on your DBA level and release management.
    Some questions was like--tell me about yourself,daily challenges faced, what do you daily do, performance tuning ,high availability etc.

This was the end of the process.
    They will call you in one or two weeks if selected.

It was totally very pleasant experience and HR was very supporting in each phase.

Interview Questions
    • Last round --Video conferencing.
      They will test your knowledge on every question.
        Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2014.

I gone through the written test and written test was as easy as simple test with forty questions in finance and ten questions in aptitude and ten questions in English and time given for me is one hour and i finished the test within half an hour.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in December 2013.

The Capital IQ interview process has 5 steps – Every round is elimination round.

1st step is an IQ test - written test (Math and Vocab – aptitude exam)

2nd step is HR interview. Questions may include definitions of mergers and acquisitions and more finance/investment questions.

3rd step: Technical exam written for 60 mins /90 mins (finance basics and merger and acquisitions)

The above 3 rounds can happen on the same day. Atleast 2 rounds will happen in same day.

If you clear the first 3 rounds. You would get call for the next round in 7-8 working days (max)

4-5 rounds would be personal interview – Director Rounds.