S&P Capital IQ Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr, 2015
Updated 13 Apr, 2015

3.1

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview

Very Standard Procedure. Basic Question from Accounts and Finance. Level increases as You keep giving right answers. Two round of interviews followed by a technical round. Expect question from Managerial accounting also although its a bit irrelevant to the profile.

Interview Questions

• Managerial Accounting was also asked although its a bit irrelevant to job profile   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

one phone interview... then followed up with an in office interview. Interviewed by VP then team I was to work with. Mostly behavioral questions, tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview

Total 4 rounds.
    1st - simple written test of 30 mins including english and logical reasoning questions.
    2nd - HR interview. (I was asked technical questions in HR interview itself)
    3rd - Written test of 1.5 hours testing ypur aptitude and general awareness.
    (First 3 rounds happened on the same day)
    4th - Managerial Interview.
    (questions relating to oil prices, gold prices, Saarc summit, Derivatives, and general questions about myself)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2015.

Interview

A head hunter contacted me. Had a 15 minute phone interview with the HR.
    We talked about my resume, why I want to work in finance, etc.
    In the end, we talked about salary. My expected salary was not in their range, so I didnt get a call back.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Delhi (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a lengthy process.Firstly there was an aptitude test which was easy den hr interview that was pure technical in financial basic terms and then a managerial interview den directoral...all were elimination rounds.

Interview Questions

• Hedge funds, mutual funds, mergers and acquisitions , spin off, ratios, futures options.etc   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

Campus recruitment. First round was telephonic after which we were called to gurgaon office where 4 more rounds were taken. The first round was of half n hour which consisted questions from qa, va, lr and also a 300 words write up. After this we had a technical interview round after which shortlisted candidates had to give one more aptitude test of 1.5 hrs. After clearing that round I had an interview with manager. Basic finance questions were asked although the level of questions in aptitude was a little high.

Interview Questions

• Pe, vc, bonds, equity , everything asked was very basic   Answer Question
    • Questions from probability, ratios,p&l, lr, va, rc,etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Na

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First interview was a phone screen, which covered the basics of object oriented design. Second interview came a couple months later and was on site with three individual engineers. This interview was bit more in debt, it involved 3 questions related to algorithm design, application design and a high level implementation the database objects required to store the applications data with the correct normalization. The questions were quite manageable and came from regular scenarios which would occur in most enterprise solutions. The last interview was over the phone and was strategically focused on the technologies that position required. Mostly focus on SOA and the Microsoft stack which can be used to build these type of solutions.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers asked about database isolation and optimizing a process which will have a high level of concurrency. This was not difficult for me but was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had a pending offer and they matched it.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview

Initially i appeared for an written exam for which result declared next day then called for interview process where i had two rounds of technical session. on successful completion, called for final HR round.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Hyderābād (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process for the Mobile App Developer
    - There were 3 rounds, First one technical other two manager
    - The interview was mainly on JAVA and bit of Android & iOS
    - Manager rounds were just a formality

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview

Aptitude test, followed by HR round. Then Finance test. These were elimination rounds. Then had interview rounds with managers and director. I felt the HRs were not very co-operative. I mailed them a day before asking about the office location, etc. since I was new to the area but they did not bother to reply.

Interview Questions

• Finance Test was difficult as I am not a finance student.   Answer Question