S&P Capital IQ Interview Questions

Updated 10 Oct, 2014
Updated 10 Oct, 2014

3.1

Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2014.

there was a written aptitude test which consisted of basic information about yourself, education and questions on logical reasoning, quantitative and english passage.
    please time yourself accordingly for the test as it is too lengthy and you would only be given 30 mins to complete it.
    also dont stress too much on questions that you're not able to solve as youl lose time.

Interview Questions
    • the unexpected thing was not asking anything specified as per the mail regarding financial terms.   Answer Question

Quantitative Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2014.

Was contacted by recruiter, had a phone interview with hiring manager. Was called for an onsite interview in New York with four team members. good experience overall, everyone was really nice. Recruiter was very helpful throughout and got feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview followed my small talk and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Leveraged Loan Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2014.

One phone interview. Pleasant woman although I felt the conversation was extremely formal and she wasn't particularly interested in talking about the position which I was interested in learning more about. I was told if the company was interested I'd be called in but I wasn't. I'm wondering what knocked me off in that screening call. I don't think she like my answer to "What interests you in the position?"

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

3 Rounds of Interview: 2 Technical & 1 HR.. First round comprised of resume based questions and couple of small algorithm based ones.. Second round was completely on Algorithms

Software Engineer Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I was called for interview after selected from my college's job portal. Interview was for 30 mins before which there was a technical test for 30 min, containing algorithm and data structures related questions. RIght after the test was the interview. The interview questions were not related to my performance in the test, but was told that in the second round I would be asked questions on my test performance.

Interview Questions
    • It was pretty easy interview. Included both behavioral and technical questions.
      Behavioral:
      >what do u want to be 5 years from now. Then 10 years from now.
      >what do u like the most about programming or being software engineer
      Technical: gave me a technical scenario and judged my approach- theres a huge stream of stocks info coming, that has company name and stock value. how wud u design to store that data, so that lookup of stock is value is fast? how wud u implement caching policy?
        Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

A short test comprising aptitude and english, followed by a personal interview with the HR and a long test comprising aptitude, english and financial terminology. The personal interview includes questions such as ratios, difference between bonds and debentures, M&A, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The entire process is difficult for a person not from finance background   View Answer

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneswar (Bangladesh)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneswar (Bangladesh)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

easy written test, interview is technical - must have accounting ,financial mgt. and financial market knowledge

less salary

Quantitative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

Phone interview with HR, then 1 week later phone interview with manager.
    Then 2 weeks later interview with 5 people in office.
    Had to call them to find out status a few weeks later

Interview Questions
    • What was something different that you had done on the job.   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

They called me for the interview based on resumes sent to them. First round was on accounting basics ratio analysis and stock market. Second round mostly on your post qualificatin experience

Tech QA Interview

1 round of test, 3 rounds of interview, tested software testing knowledge. Good overall check of analysis ability