S&P Capital IQ Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
222 interviews

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

The first round interview was in the Toronto office, where I had two 30 minute interviews with 2 people in each interview. They were very friendly, and I felt it was more of a discussion than an interview. I then got a second round interview, which was the same format, in that I had another two 30 minute interviews with 4 more people. All these interviews were behavioral, no technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • In all interviews, they asked me to walk myself through my resume. Some other questions were:
      - why should we hire you over the other qualified candidates?
      - why sales?
      - can you do a sales pitch
      - what do you do for fun
        Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2013.

I applied through university recruiting as the posting was done on my school's recruitment portal. The application was standard with a cover letter and resume included. After 3 weeks, I received a response that I was invited to interview in Toronto. I went for 2 interviews which lasted 35 minutes each. These interviews were very informal and allowed me to get to know the team I would be working with. After this, there was a week delay until my interview with the people from head office in New York. Again, I went to Toronto for a 30 minute interview this time. After about 3 weeks of no news, I e-mailed the first employee who contacted me for information and they got back to me after that.

Interview Questions
    • You might be asked to sell something to the interviewers.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in June 2012.

2 half hour interviews focused on behavioral questions
    - Tell us about yourself? Walk me through your resume?
    - What is Capital IQ and what do you expect to do in this role?
    - What motivates you

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this "sales" related position?   View Answer

Quality Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

6 to 7 rounds - bonus (fixed+variable) included in salary itself - so you wont get what they have promised - management changed and its getting worse here - Politics politics politics

Interview Questions
    • easy to get into - difficult to come out (your brain stops working)   Answer Question

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vellore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2014.

S&P capital IQ visited our college campus in august,2014 for recruitment. For us, we have one online aptitude test having 20 questions from quants. Time allotted is 20 minutes. Then, there is one subjective test of 30 min containing 6 questions related to software engineering, finding errors in UI.
    Finally,one personal interview(technical & HR) is there for selected students. In interview they ask about projects, & how you will improve it. Then they ask about types of testing & ask to write test cases. HR questions were basic and easy. Finally, I was selected for QA.

Interview Questions
    • In interview they ask to write test cases for search engines and login page.   View Answer

Quality Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in July 2014.

I applied through Campus, they had multiple rounds of selection.
    First the aptitude test which was not very tough. It consisted of 3 sections, Quants was basic and 2 other sections of Programming and Database (yes it was a technical apti).

After that for Business Analyst and Quality Analyst profile they had a pen-paper subjective test. Basic Questions on test cases and other tricky and tough questions to find out innovative answers from the candidate.

Technical Interview 1 was challenging. Some Basic Test cases and testing methods were asked and other questions which required innovative and effective approach were asked. Even quiz questions were asked to check how quick and smart can you think.

One more technical interview along with a final HR interview.

Junior Research Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2013.

Rounds of interview
    1.Written test
    2.Technical round
    3.Technical round
    Written test was easy 40 questions of finance and others were general aptitude questions.In
    Technical round they asked about holding company,subsidiary company,capital budgeting,net present value,internal rate of return and deep finance questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

interviews generally happen over 1-2 days consisting of 3-4 rounds usually ending with the Deputy director taking the final round questions wil be based on SDLC , ur projects and case studies relating to everyday problems, questions on you resume, future goals and related questions

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle new competition in your area , if you already own a pretty successful business but cannot handle the volume ..   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Technology Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in June 2010.

Multiple rounds of interviews, first a written test to test basic aptitude and verbal skills. Then a couple of technical rounds of interviews to gauge out of the box thinking and testing aptitude. Final interview is more of a team, culture fit interview.

Associate Interview

Interview Questions
    • Do keep in mind that the company reviews on all these sites are posted by individuals, including possibly disgruntled employees. So, use them as a tool to help gather more information about a company, but don't count on them as 100% accurate, because every employee's experience is different.   Answer Question

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!