S&P Capital IQ

197 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Consultant
Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2013.

Interview Details I applied through university recruiting as the posting was done on my school's recruitment portal. The application was standard with a cover letter and resume included. After 3 weeks, I received a response that I was invited to interview in Toronto. I went for 2 interviews which lasted 35 minutes each. These interviews were very informal and allowed me to get to know the team I would be working with. After this, there was a week delay until my interview with the people from head office in New York. Again, I went to Toronto for a 30 minute interview this time. After about 3 weeks of no news, I e-mailed the first employee who contacted me for information and they got back to me after that.

Interview Question – You might be asked to sell something to the interviewers.   View Answer

Product Consultant
Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in June 2012.

Interview Details 2 half hour interviews focused on behavioral questions
- Tell us about yourself? Walk me through your resume?
- What is Capital IQ and what do you expect to do in this role?
- What motivates you

Interview Question – Why do you want this "sales" related position?   View Answer

Summer Software Developer Intern Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2014.

Interview Details The application was online and it took about about 6 months before I got an email to schedule a telephonic interview. Because it took so long, I had actually forgotten I had applied to this position. The manager who called me was a great conversationalist and asked great questions but was not knowledgeable about programming subjects.

Interview Question – What do you know about S&P Capital IQ?
Explain in detail the process of software development.
  Answer Question

Software Engineer Summer Intern Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details I was called for interview after selected from my college's job portal. Interview was for 30 mins before which there was a technical test for 30 min, containing algorithm and data structures related questions. RIght after the test was the interview. The interview questions were not related to my performance in the test, but was told that in the second round I would be asked questions on my test performance.

Interview Question – It was pretty easy interview. Included both behavioral and technical questions.
Behavioral:
>what do u want to be 5 years from now. Then 10 years from now.
>what do u like the most about programming or being software engineer
Technical: gave me a technical scenario and judged my approach- theres a huge stream of stocks info coming, that has company name and stock value. how wud u design to store that data, so that lookup of stock is value is fast? how wud u implement caching policy?
  Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Hyderābād (India)

Interview Details 3 Rounds of Interview: 2 Technical & 1 HR.. First round comprised of resume based questions and couple of small algorithm based ones.. Second round was completely on Algorithms

Research Associate Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2013.

Interview Details The company culture and interview panel was very professional and the entire process was conducted in the same manner.

Interview Question – The panel requires the candidate to have updated knowledge about the market. just knowing the morning news isnt enough, understanding its implications also is equally important.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO Negotiations at all.

Very Easy Interview

Database Engineer Intern Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied through my university's CareerNet website. I was called for an On-Campus Interview. The interview lasted for an hour. First, I had to appear for a 30 minute test, which included 3 questions. First question was to draw an E-R diagram from the given information. Second question was to solve SQL queries. Third question tests your basic programming skills, few basic programs like prime number, palindrome etc.

A week later, I got an e-mail informing me that I cleared the first round of interview and was invited for the final round of interviews on-site. The final round of interviews lasted for 2 hours and 15 minutes. There were 3 interviews one after the other each of 45 mins.

The on-site interview started at 12:30. The 1st interviewer gave a data model and asked some basic SQL queries on that. He also asked about indexing. The 2nd interviewer presented me with a scenario and asked to design a data model. The 3rd interview was conducted by 2 people. They gave me a data model and asked some set operation based SQL queries. My interview ended at 2:45. The HR gave us a tour of the office after the interview.

Along with technical they even asked me about the project work, experience etc. So be ready for resume based questions too.

I got a call from the HR after 2 weeks to inform me that I was selected.

Overall, it was a good experience. Concentrate more on data modelling and SQL queries. Try solving as many queries as you can. Practice well.

The Interviewers are warm and polite. They help you if you are stuck or give you hints so that you get an idea of the question and can think in the right way.

Even if you go wrong, it is completely fine, what matters is your approach towards the question, your problem solving skills etc.

All the best!!

Interview Question – I wasn't asked a difficult question but I wasn't much prepared with set operation based queries. So I had tough time answering them.   View Answer

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2014.

Interview Details First contact was at career fair. That lead to first interview on campus. Second interview was downtown. Third interview is in New York.

Interview Question – What is your latest project?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Interview Details first round was the aptitude and English test...the level of the paper was easy
the second was the technical interview round ...asked...diff btwn stocks and bonds...mergers..and other finance related terms

Interview Question – the difficulty of the ques asked in the interview was average since I was a B.Tech grad but the ques asked to a commerce background student were different and a bit difficult   Answer Question

Tech QA Interview

Tech QA

Interviewed at S&P Capital IQ

Interview Details 1 round of test, 3 rounds of interview, tested software testing knowledge. Good overall check of analysis ability

Interview Question – not many   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at S&P Capital IQ

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!

S&P Capital IQ Videos

S&P Capital IQ – Why Work for Us?

About S&P Capital IQ S&P Capital IQ is the powerful new combination of offerings previously provided by Capital IQ, elements of S&P including Global Credit Portal and MarketScope Advisor, enterprise solutions such as… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at S&P Capital IQ interview questions and advice. All 197 interview reviews are posted anonymously by S&P Capital IQ employees and interview candidates.