S&P Capital IQ

Average Difficulty
217 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

Interview Details The first round interview was in the Toronto office, where I had two 30 minute interviews with 2 people in each interview. They were very friendly, and I felt it was more of a discussion than an interview. I then got a second round interview, which was the same format, in that I had another two 30 minute interviews with 4 more people. All these interviews were behavioral, no technical questions.

Interview Question – In all interviews, they asked me to walk myself through my resume. Some other questions were:
- why should we hire you over the other qualified candidates?
- why sales?
- can you do a sales pitch
- what do you do for fun
  Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2013.

Interview Details I applied through university recruiting as the posting was done on my school's recruitment portal. The application was standard with a cover letter and resume included. After 3 weeks, I received a response that I was invited to interview in Toronto. I went for 2 interviews which lasted 35 minutes each. These interviews were very informal and allowed me to get to know the team I would be working with. After this, there was a week delay until my interview with the people from head office in New York. Again, I went to Toronto for a 30 minute interview this time. After about 3 weeks of no news, I e-mailed the first employee who contacted me for information and they got back to me after that.

Interview Question – You might be asked to sell something to the interviewers.   View Answer

Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in June 2012.

Interview Details 2 half hour interviews focused on behavioral questions
- Tell us about yourself? Walk me through your resume?
- What is Capital IQ and what do you expect to do in this role?
- What motivates you

Interview Question – Why do you want this "sales" related position?   View Answer

Technology Quality Analyst Interview

Technology Quality Analyst
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in June 2010.

Interview Details Multiple rounds of interviews, first a written test to test basic aptitude and verbal skills. Then a couple of technical rounds of interviews to gauge out of the box thinking and testing aptitude. Final interview is more of a team, culture fit interview.

Interview Question – Coalesce implementation   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at S&P Capital IQ

Interview Details Do keep in mind that the company reviews on all these sites are posted by individuals, including possibly disgruntled employees. So, use them as a tool to help gather more information about a company, but don't count on them as 100% accurate, because every employee's experience is different.

Interview Question – Do keep in mind that the company reviews on all these sites are posted by individuals, including possibly disgruntled employees. So, use them as a tool to help gather more information about a company, but don't count on them as 100% accurate, because every employee's experience is different.   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2013.

Interview Details I had applied through the existing employee referral process but got an email for interview more than 2 months later. I had almost lost hope of getting it and the email was very sudden. The interview was scheduled just 2-3 days from the date of the email and no chance of rescheduling. The process was conducted with over 60-70 people giving a common written test with basic aptitude questions for maths and english and your profile details. After the test, they eliminated over half the strength on the basis of profile and written test. Then a single HR person was taking basic interview (non Technical) with profile based questions. Then another lengthy written test with finance questions and basic GK.
That was it for the day, a week later a managerial interview was scheduled. That was also abruptly informed just the night before. This interview was taken by 2 members and went on for an hour. All sorts of technical & Non technical questions were asked. The final Director Round was scheduled for the next day and was also only informed on previous night. Could not appear for that due to previous commitments and the position was filled by another person

Interview Question – The second Written Test had some tough finance questions.(Equits, Debt, Bankruptcy Etc)   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2010.

Interview Details interview process is average, and it is very good. Panel is very good and they makes us to feel comfortable. Some Questions were tough and some were easy overall the experience is good

Interview Question – Given some balance sheet items and asked to do Ratio Analysis   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details i applied through college placement cell. The recruitment process was held at their Gurgaon office. First there was a very easy objective Written test, followed by a very short HR interview. Selected candidates were called for 2 technical interviews.

Interview Question – Your mission statement   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online and interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details I applied via Online portal.The time was too short to solve 20 questions and write an SOP.IT would have been better if the employee had specifically given instruction for the test

Leveraged Loan Analyst Interview

Leveraged Loan Analyst
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2014.

Interview Details One phone interview. Pleasant woman although I felt the conversation was extremely formal and she wasn't particularly interested in talking about the position which I was interested in learning more about. I was told if the company was interested I'd be called in but I wasn't. I'm wondering what knocked me off in that screening call. I don't think she like my answer to "What interests you in the position?"

Interview Question – "What interests you in the position?"   View Answer

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!