Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at S&P Capital IQ
- Research Associate (65)
- Software Engineer (31)
- Business Analyst (22)
- Product Consultant (14)
- Client Development Analyst (13)
- Database Engineer (9)
- Junior Research Associate (8)
- Intern (7)
- Technology Quality Analyst (7)
- Tech QA (6)
- Analyst (5)
- Quality Analyst (5)
- Database Developer (4)
- Software Developer (4)
- TQA (3)
- JRA (3)
- Database Engineer Intern (2)
- Senior Research Associate (2)
- Client Development (2)
- Database Administrator (2)
- Database Analyst (1)
- Consultant (1)
- Quality Assurance Engineer (1)
- Reaseach Associate (1)
- Senior Database Engineer (1)
- Financial Sales (1)
- Sales Representative (1)
- Data Analyst (1)
- Customer Support (1)
- Engineering (1)
Database Developer Interview
The process took 1+ week – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (New York, NY (US)) in May 2012.
I submitted my resume on our University job Postings and received a call for a telephonic interview after 2 weeks. Telephonic interview was for about 30 to 40 minutes. He asked me about myself, my past experience and some Database questions (about Indexes). Then within a week I was called onsite for 1:1 interviews. There where 3, 1 hour technical interviews. They told me to design some databases on white board and write some queries. All the 3 interviews went well. I got a call from HR next day morning, that I was offered the position.
- Design a database...Will you use index, on what columns, why? Write queries ()complex queries with 'exists' and 'non exists' clause. Answer Question
No. There was no HR interview.
Other Interview Reviews for S&P Capital IQ
Database Developer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (New York, NY (US)) in February 2012.
Finish paper test first. Then talk with the interviewee about the questions on the paper.
There are five questions:
invert a linked list
find a common parent of two nodes in the tree
Database Developer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took a day – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (New York, NY (US)) in November 2010.
The process was fine, seems like a great company. 3 interviews back to back with lunch in between. Young people, asked reasonable questions, and were nice about it.
- Create a sample database (table structure) of a basic version of imdb.com. Find the total sum of money that movies made with Mel Gibson as an actor that were released during the third week of February. Answer Question
Database Developer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a day – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2009.
interview began with a Test on the database field. there were 3 questions
1. data modelling for a contacts database.
2. writing up few select queries.
3. writing a piece of code for a search problem.
time given was 30 min. after which the person came in and asked the logic and reasoning behind solutions. post that was a small discussion on the resume. whole process lasted an hour and few minutes.
- Draw er digg. for a contact list. where in it needs to store contact info of clients, professionals & organisations. in addition they need to store extra infromtion pertaining to a organisation 1 Answer
- basic select queries inclusive of joins, 5 tables provided and 5 select questions asked. Answer Question
- write a code to compare a ambigram. Answer Question