Ryan, LLC

Updated 22 Jul, 2014
Updated 22 Jul, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in October 2013.

Submitted my resume at a career fair, which was then turned into HR. They called me and had a 30 minute phone interview and asked questions such as why I was interested in Ryan and why I was a good fit. They also left half of the interview for questions. At the end of the phone call they asked if I was interested in a group dinner and an office visit. I also had to take an online survey to see if I would fit into their culture. During the dinner, you meet up with current employees and other prospects. You split off into tables and eat. Then it is a night. Office visit was the following day and you tour the office, speak to employees, and sit through a presentation given by a principal. Then you have 3 interviews; one with a senior, principal, and manager. The interviews mainly consist of questions that you have for them. So prepare a lot of questions!

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness?
      When was a time you finished a task late and what did you do?
        Answer Question
    I did not attempt to negotiate with the internship position.

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2013.

There was an initial phone interview. A few days later I got a call to set up an in person visit. I have 4 different meetings, very basic questions. I thought it went well but I got an email almost a month later saying that they had filled the position.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2013.

I was contacted by phone to setup a phone interview and also to fill out a personality test. The test was fairly standard and consisted of several questions where I had to rank 10 random situations in the order of best to worst. It then took about one week until I was called in to interview with a Director and a Senior Consultant. It took another week or two to be contacted again and called in to meet with another Director and a Principal, where the Director used the results of my personality tests to ask me questions. All of the questions they asked were mostly behavioral and since this was for an entry level position I think they mostly want to see if you align well with their standards.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any questions truly difficult or unexpected, but be prepared to answer questions about the personality test in a positive light. Since no one is perfect I believe they want to see how you respond to picking out your faults.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC.

The hiring process was very thorough from the initial phone call to the 1st day that I started work. The recruiter was very professional and presented the company very well. It started with an initial mini-phone interview and then proceeded to an in-person interview. After the initial phone interview I was required to take an extensive set of competency tests. This initial process was very timely and precise. An interview was set up within a few days of the phone interview and successfully completing the competency tests. I was sent an email with very precise information on where to park, where to enter, who to ask for upon arrival and who I would interview with during my visit. For my specific interview I met with three members of the team all during the same visit. Each person was very professional and handled the interview professionally. Once I was finished with the interview I received a call within a few days letting me know that they would like to offer me the position provided that my background, credit check and references all came back positive. It is a very extensive background and reference check process. It shows that the company is only looking for the best of the best!

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain a difficult situation that I was in at a past job and how I handled that difficult situation; and if I felt that I could have done anything different that would have allowed the outcome to be more positive.   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was standard. We discussed salary over three separate conversations before coming to an agreement. They are a very fair company to negotiate with.

Property Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2013.

I submitted my resume online through my university, and I was scheduled for an on campus interview session. The interview lasted around 30 minutes. I interviewed with 2 senior managers at the same time. Most of the questions were about me as a person, experiences, future goals, and getting to know me. The property tax division is very team oriented, so they focused quite a bit on getting to know me and assessing my potential fit with their team. The two people interviewing me (senior managers) had both come out of my university's real estate program and were familiar with its reputation for turning out high caliber technically proficient real estate analysts. That may be another reason the interview was light on technical questions. The interview was probably one of the most pleasant I have experienced. I was told they would make a decision withing the next couple weeks and let me know the results either way. I ended up getting a call back and the job offer the next day!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years? ( I later learned they like to hire out of the intern pool for long-term employee scenarios)   Answer Question
    The intern pay is pretty much set in place to my knowledge, but it is a very reasonable and competitive pay schedule in my opinion.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in March 2013.

OCR. Asked about what classes I've taken. What did I know about real estate valuation and property taxes. Not too technical, mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when:
        You failed
        Were entrepreneurial
        Three strengths and weaknesses
        Answer Question
    No intern salary negotiation.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Initial contact to hire date took nearly 3 months! But the interviews were very comfortable and non-threatening - no trick questions or funny business. My interviews questions were primarily about attitude and experience. If you have the appropriate degree for the position and a positive attitude, you can learn/be taught everything Ryan needs you to do get started.

Interview Questions
    • My interviews questions were primarily about attitude and experience. If you have the appropriate degree for the position and a positive attitude, you can learn/be taught everything Ryan needs you to do get started.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Initial communications were made through a career fair. I was then contacted and had an on campus interview, which later led to a networking night and a second round interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected questions was what did you like least about your previous boss/job?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC.

I first started with a phone interview with just basic behavioral questions. After that, they proceeded to explain the benefits of Ryan that moved towards an invitation to an office visit. From the office visit, I met with two principals. The interviews were mostly behavioral but were also geared towards seeing how i would fit in their culture as well as testing to see how certain I felt I was the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me a time that there was a process that was not working or was inefficient and explain how you dealt with the situation   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in November 2012.

Round one interview was on campus. Had a great interviewer, asked behavioral questions. Round two interview was at the office. There was two rounds. They were more conversational then any questions. I guess they were more figuring out your personality and whether you would mesh with existing employees.

Interview Questions
    • explaina time you had to work with an bad boss? What made you determine they were bad?   View Answer