Royal Bank of Scotland

208 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in March 2013.

Interview Details All Day Assessment centre. It contained 4 activities - a group discussion, a situation discussion and presentation to a Manager, 1-1 interview with another manager.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses and what have you done to overcome them? How can you contribute to this role?   Answer Question

Junior Process Associate Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in February 2014.

Interview Details Aptitude test & Personal Interview

Interview Question – About your previous job   Answer Question

Support Associate Interview

Tiruchchirāppalli (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in December 2013.

Interview Details phase 1 - Online aptitude test which consists of 8 sections there is time limit for each and every section. The aptitude test covers the Numerical ability, Logical reasoning, Quantitative, Vocabulary and typewriting skills are also checked

phase 2 - Personal interview which consists of simple questions like whether do you work at night shift? Whether working as a team is comfortable?

Interview Question – How long do you lasting in this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation phase.

Spring Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview Details I was contacted via email to inform me of an on campus assessment centre the following week. The assessment centre consisted of two interviews. Both had a large competency component to them with the second interview also posing some logical questions. Overall the interviews were reasonably laid back with both interviewers seeming friendly and approachable to any questions that i had afterwards.

Interview Question – how can you cut a cake into 8 identical slices with only three cuts.   View Answer

Spring Week Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview Details They are all Standard questions. Two interviews given by HR followed by someone sounding more professional. HR straight face while the other one looked chilled but the questions seemed to have some underlying purposes

Interview Question – No unexpected ones.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in November 2013.

Interview Details After completing online application through RBS, I had to do 3 separate tests online. First one was logical reasoning, second was quantitative and third was business scenario questions. Never had to do the third one before with other applications. It was mainly questions like what would you do if you had an argument with another co-worker. After passing the tests, they will invite you to arrange a time for phone interview. It was someone on the other end reading questions off a list and typing out your responses. The interview was awkward and they don't ask you more than 4-5 questions. There's no follow up and they expect you to talk for 30-45 minutes.

Interview Question – Questions were very standard. Mostly competency based, nothing to catch you out. I think the most important thing they look for is if you understand the details their grad program offers.   Answer Question

Analyst Developer Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview Details One stage process.
Questions on Core Java and SQL. Written Java and SQL test. normal level nothing difficult.
Then detailed questions on last project. In my case it was a product development, so questions like what is different in the product compared to other known products being used in the industry. questions about how it works.

Interview Question – Why develop another open source product when there is already a good one available.   Answer Question

Spring Intern Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, then had to take many online tests including a situational judgement, maths and logical test. Invited to a long telephone interview (45mins-1hour) containing questions relating to my interests in the company itself, the challenges it faced and then general situational questions. Called to confirm the placement within a week.

Interview Question – What challenges are RBS facing in the present and in the future?   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in August 2011.

Interview Details Interviews are competency based as well as technical. Competency questions are generally situational, such as "Describe a situation where you encountered conflict in the workplace - what did you do to overcome?" Answers expected in the standard format Situation/Problem Encountered/Actions Taken.
I was moving from contract to a permanent role but still had to undergo this formal competency process.

Interview Question – Also had to prepare a 15 min technical presentation on any topic of my choosing followed by Q&A.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was a contractor moving to permanent so was able to negotiate my desired salary ahead of starting.

Risk Management Intern Interview

Interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland

Interview Details Online application, online tests, phone interview, assessment centre. For the maths make sure you practise the correct tests (not SHL) and for the assessment centre follow their instructions carefully. They don't try and catch you out, but they do expect you to read in detail the packs they give you and understand basic financial statements.

Interview Question – Most difficult part was the presentation to a colleague, in which you had to stand your ground in a role play exercise with senior management   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Royal Bank of Scotland

Worked for Royal Bank of Scotland? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Royal Bank of Scotland interview questions and advice. All 208 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Royal Bank of Scotland employees and interview candidates.