Rowan Companies Interview Questions

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rowan Companies

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rowan Companies.

Having completed an online application I was contacted within a week or so with an invitation to come for interview. Interview was very informal. It was more of a discussion about the job than competence based interview. Verbal offer was made on the day.

Interview Questions
    Salary and benefits negotiated at interview.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Rowan Companies.

I was initally contacted by a Rowan recruiter, via LinkedIn. He provided me with information about an open position and the general job description. After I indicated interest, there was a long period without contact. I assumed that the position had been filled; so I was surprised to get a phone call from the recruiter about 6 weeks after initial contact.
    We set up a preliminary phone interview, though it seemed to be a bit of a screening exercise - it was only me and the recruiter on that call. I was asked about my background, we discussed some of the experience listed on my resume, and I was asked about my personal feelings regarding safety culture. At the end of the call, an in-person interview was set up.
    This in-person interview was held at the HQ offices in Houston. I was given clear directions on where to go when I arrived.
    The gentlemen conductiong the interview were running a little behind schedule, but they put me at ease once the interview began. Several senior members of the engineering group were included in the interview. I was a little surprised to find that at the end of the interview, I was introduced to the VP of the department. He was obviously busy, but stopped to take the time and speak to me for a few minutes.
    On the way to the elevator, I was told "[the recruiter] will contact you in the next few days with an offer." It was nice to leave with confirmation that the Rowan people thought the interview had gone as well as i thought it had!

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions that I was asked were appropriate to the position for which I was interviewing. I wasn't especially surprised by any of the topics that were discussed. I wasn't quizzed on any specific or tricky areas of expertise. Instead, I was asked about my experiences and my expectations about the position, including my willingness to travel.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was reasonable. All contact was through the same recruiter who orginally contacte me. I did not negotiate salary, but other benefits were discussed and negotiated. I was pleased with the outcome, and at the end, felt that both Rowan and I "won" with a fair and reasonable employment offer.

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rowan Companies in February 2013.

Basic interview that included a less than detailed description of duties. Very misleading.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. A take it or leave it offer was made.