Ross Stores

Average Difficulty
72 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bend, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in July 2014.

Interview Details Application process was simple enough. Haven't gone through the hiring process yet. They sent me an email, telling me to full out an assessment. But the link is faulty.

Interview Question – What was your previous position?   View Answer

Miami, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in November 2011.

Interview Details Applied and received a call within half to a full month. One interview with the Assistant Manager who chose who would go to the next interview, then a second interview to days later with the Store Manager. Expected questions such as why you want to work there, tell them a bit about yourself, tell me a time when... questions, very comfortable and relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details Had one interview with the store manager and was called back within a few days to start my hiring process. Manager did not seem interested in the process whatsoever. It was more of a chore

Interview Question – What is your favorite household chore?   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details interview was really short, asked my availability and a few work experience questions. For the most part they were really in need of somebody that would learn how to do stock

Interview Question – why do you want to work for ross?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2014.

Interview Details received a phone call to come into for an interview (after filling out online application a couple days prior); asked about prior work history, asked about schedule availability; interview explained what type of position was available and asked if I was OK with it; was hired on the spot, just have to wait for background check to process

Interview Question – very basic questions - easy to answer, be honest   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation as this was an hourly wage position, it is minimum wage - acceptable for a first time job

Very Easy Interview

Anderson, SC (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and a week later I was called in for an interview. They lady who I was suppose to interview wasn't there so I met with the Department Supervisor reallllyyyyyy brief. I had my resume with me and all she wanted to know is a little about my previous work history. A week later I was called for some background information and I received a call today saying I start my training next week!

Negotiation Details – None

Danville, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied online for a call following week for one on one interview mostly ask behavioral questions( between 8-10 ) interview with the assistant manager was told they will contact you by next day if got the job but I was contacted a week later and was offer the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not able to. Negotiate

Florissant, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2013.

Interview Details I apply for a brand new location. I almost completely forgot I applied when I was called for the interview. The interviewer ask simple questions like what would you do if you had an angry customer. I was hired on the spot. I return next week to give my ids and sign forms for a background check.

San Leandro, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online in February of 2014, then totally forgot that I submitted an application. They finally called me back about a full month later, and asked me to go in for an interview. I went in and waited a whole hour and twenty minutes in the front of the store next to the exit (not in the break room or anything) before I was called in. I met the manager, who apologized for the wait and explained that the computers were running slowly, and that was supposed to make up for it I guess.
Anyways, the questions were easy. Tell me about yourself, how would you handle an angry customer?, What do you do when you have a lot of work to do in a little amount of time, asked about hours. I have a few friends who work at the store so I mentioned that I'd heard good things from them about working there, and when asked about angry customers I said that I would try to talk to them calmly, and make sure they know that I'm trying to do as much as I could to understand their situation. She offered me a job on the spot, provided that my background check came thru, and explained very briefly about what to expect, such as what to wear, how I will get trained.
Now, this is the part that is difficult. It's been nearly a month since I've been hired and I haven't been called for training. I have called them every week, asking to get scheduled for training but I always get told that either the manager who hired me isn't there, or to call back later. I went into the store twice, and was finally told to come in for Orientation on a Wednesday at 11am. I showed up.. and the manager wasn't even in. I wasted a bunch of my time getting ready and getting there just to be told, i have to wait another week. I am anxious to start this job, I need the money. Other places have called me for interviews but I turned them down because I am waiting for Ross to call me back.

Interview Question – How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2013.

Interview Details 2 days after i did an online appication I was called in for an interview. The interview included me and 5 other hirees and the hiring manager. The interview was pretty cool and fun. Teh next day after the interview I was offered the job.

Interview Question – All of the questions were easy.   Answer Question

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!